Israel - Palestine Discussion | Post Respectfully | Discuss more, tweet less

Idxomer

Second time I've seen a report saying this, first time was months ago. Hamas wants him out, PA and Israel don't.
Also based on polling he is the one candidate who would comfortably defeat any other Fatah or any Hamas leader in an election.
"The source added that senior PA leaders believed Barghouti's release would threaten the leadership of PA President Mahmoud Abbas".

:lol:

Idxomer

Some dismissed it as a conspiracy theory. Now, this leaked audio has come out in addition to the Blinken and Romney conversation.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Some dismissed it as a conspiracy theory. Now, this leaked audio has come out in addition to the Blinken and Romney conversation.
Here's a timeline of efforts to ban Tik Tok. Although a few politicians are linking it to the current conflict in Gaza, the government have been working on a ban since 2020 under Trump, then continued under Biden pre 10.7

https://apnews.com/article/tiktok-timeline-ban-biden-india-d3219a32de913f8083612e71ecf1f428

Last edited:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Here's a timeline of efforts to ban Tik Tok. Although a few politicians are linking it to the current conflict in Gaza, the government have been working on a ban since 2020 under Trump, then continued under Biden pre 10.7

https://apnews.com/article/tiktok-timeline-ban-biden-india-d3219a32de913f8083612e71ecf1f428
Under Trump, the Democrats did not support the ban - it was done via executive order.

But the Democrats have now joined the Republicans and another leading Democratic country, India, which is at the front lines of pushing back the Chinese Communist menace from the free world :)

Giggsyking

It has been years in discussion, but it only took a pro Palestanian wave on the app to gather forces and concentrate all these years in few weeks to ban it. People are not naive and know very well the main motive of the ban is sensoring Palestanian enormous support.

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine

Organ harvesting like the Nazis.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
That's hardly news...
I think it's hardly news to you or me.

It does still seem however to be news to some on here, who will blame any lack of ceasefire deal on Hamas solely, even as Netanyahu repeatedly says he is going into Rafah, deal or no deal and global indignation or not.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
I'm struggling to make this make sense in my head when they've said repeatedly they're going into Rafah regardless of any deal?
Did they really say that though? I don't quite recall it that way.

Mehdi Hasan criticized Israel for walking back its argument that the war will stop if the hostages are released. Then Eylon Levy said "no no, we were always clear that we'd continue the war regardless".

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
I'm struggling to make this make sense in my head when they've said repeatedly they're going into Rafah regardless of any deal?
You lie more than israel. You didnt struggle a second

4bars

Supports
Barcelona

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Right. But was that their official position all along in the last months?
Well, ben gvir said before that netanyahu promised that would be no deal, because if so, the coalition was over.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Whole statement worth reproducing here:

Our just war in Gaza continues with the exact same goals: the release of all hostages and the defeat of Hamas. Yesterday, we received a reminder from the Nazi terrorist organization Hamas, firing from a civilian population near the Rafah Crossing towards the Kerem Shalom Crossing, intended for humanitarian aid. Israel has agreed to significant concessions to bring the hostages home, but Hamas has repeatedly refused. Everyone understands that Sinwar has no intention of releasing all hostages, even in exchange for everything. He believes that the world will pressure Israel to stop the war unconditionally, and he will be able to continue to control Gaza - with hostages as bargaining chips and with the ability to continue the attrition war against Israel and plan the next attack. Today, on Holocaust Remembrance Day, the slogan "Never Again" takes on a special meaning. The people of Israel say: "Never again."

https://twitter.com/Israel_katz/status/1787375002280501662

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Right. But was that their official position all along in the last months?
They (both Israel and US) have never offered a "cease-fire" longer than 6 weeks and the logical next step after those 6 weeks is the invasion of Rafah. They have rejected every single permanent offer.
I hope the liquidation of the ghetto is as costly as it can be.

Idxomer

Al Mawasi has been one of the safe zones where civilians have been attacked repeatedly after they were told to move there.

Idxomer

The areas that the occupation is asking us to evacuate and go to are barren, destroyed areas with no water connections and no foundations for life. People are going to live in tragic conditions.

Jericholyte2

That would be valid if an Israeli Cabinet member hadn’t dismissed the idea of ‘trading 20 or 30 hostages’ as a waste of their time.

This is nothing more than the ethnic cleansing of a people who’s median age is 18!!!

Amir

That would be valid if an Israeli Cabinet member hadn’t dismissed the idea of ‘trading 20 or 30 hostages’ as a waste of their time.
She's a minister but not a Cabinet member.

Still, she's vile and is against stopping the war even if it means all the hostages return.

Kaos

So they ban Al Jazeera right before proceeding to invade Rafah. Can't have any major outlets documenting the massacre that's about to unfold. Look! anti-semitic Jewish protestors in college campuses!

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
Watched a clip of leaflets being dropped on rafah streets filled with children playing around, and you know what comes next... so fecking heartbreaking.