Is Casemiro Cooked?

Is Casemiro a washed up write off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
In a 1 man midfield yeah.

So much for this resurgent Casemiro we were all going to see this season.
This is the second season in a row that's failed to materialise. A lot of people seem to have banished the fact that he was shite in the second half of his debut season from their memory, but I certainly still remember the excuses about him being "tired" and how it wasn't his fault because the entire team was struggling and that he'd be back with a vengeance after the summer break. Then last season happened. He's been awful for a solid 18 months. At some point you have to accept that this is just his level now, and that signing a 30 year old Real Madrid cast-off on astronomical wages has been a disaster.

Another short-sighted signing that's left us in a shit position. Way too much spent on a player that's given us about 6 months of good form. Arguably as bad as the Maguire transfer in leaving us with a huge hole to fill. That first transfer window under Ten Hag looks worse and worse. So much wasted money on Casemiro and Anthony.

I thought he may have turned a corner, started slow in the City and Fulham games but improved in both. But was gassed early on in the second half against Brighton and todays performance was one of the worst individual performances I can remember in a while.

It was obvious last season that he was washed. He was shocking in so many games.

We needed a replacement for him as an absolute priority this summer. It took us until deadline day to get one.

You’re all being very harsh. As performances by a bloke who’s been dropped off at the pitch by the minibus after a 4 day stag go, it wasn’t the worst. And he’s known Wet Hands Dan since primary school, so it’s not like he could just not turn up. .

I don't want to see him as a deep midfielder anymore. We need to avoid him receiving the ball under pressure in deep areas, as it so often ends in tears. We have Ugarte to play behind Mainoo, and his deputy should be Collyer. Casemiro should be a box-crashing #8 and shouldn't start very often for us. And he should leave next summer.

Beyond, honestly just sell him to a Saudi club for 10m and be rid of him and his wages. He's completely useless, there are plenty of free-agents not playing right now who would do a much better job.

Should be an investigation into this deal. Why so much money given to real Madrid?

Dont think tactics had to do much with Casemiro just passing the ball to Liverpool for the first goal or getting brushed off the ball for the second goal. Those are individual mistakes that no tactic is going to fix.

Casemiro had options to pick a different option than what he decided to do. He could have decided to pass it to a Manchester United and not to a Liverpool player for example. He had the options of passing to Mainoo, Bruno, towards Mazraoui on the right wing or pass the ball over the two Liverpool players he decided to pass to and reach Dalot or Rashford on the left wing with a pass. For the second goal he could have shielded the ball and kept control instead of starting some attempt at a dribble, he could have attempted a first time pass to Bruno or Zirkzee instead of losing the ball and falling onto the ground. He could even have cut back and passed the ball towards any of Onana/de Ligt or Martinez.

The tactic did offer him options, Casemiro just did everything wrong.
Oh without a shadow of a doubt, his performance was inexcusable!

Im just saying that even last year, it was clear he had to cover so much ground and players are gliding past him, is he even offered any help with the tactics or is he thrown to the wolves.

I certainly think his age is catching up with him, and it's increasingly been shown now that he's not in a Madrid team that no how to take care of a ball. I'm not sure he tried as many Hollywood passes while he was with Modric and Kroos. I'm not saying the attacking players are useless for us, but in comparison to the likes of Rodrygo and Vini, ours are complete clowns.

At what point does this club become ruthless and take on the approach of Madrid? You should be given little time to leave your mark or you're gone. Madrid would have sacked ETH by Christmas, and a few players would have been shown the door.

Luka Jovic wasn't cheap and he was gone the next year due to the fact is was useless. The fans don't tolerate it and neither do Madrid. But here at United, we sign them to long term deals although they have been bang average just to try get some form of money back.

Should be an investigation into this deal. Why so much money given to real Madrid?
What?! He was obviously shit today and has been for a while too but I wouldn't say an investigation in to the deal is necessary ffs :lol: some of ye overreact so much it's actually hilarious.

I've got to say - even though he had one great season here - Casemiro's career change alongside players like Varane will be why i always rate PL careers over La Liga Careers where everyone seems living a life of comfort alongside nachos & salsa.

He is done here, its not about his age - its about the intensity of the PL.

i still think he will have a useful role but should obviously be second choice to ugarte. i can see him doing ok in some games with ugarte present too.

Absolutely cooked. It showed all of last season. He doesn’t have the legs to compete in this league. Teams target him on the press and easily run past him in transition. ETHs tactics aren’t doing him any favors, but his legs are gone.

Hard to say how he actually ever was tbh. Carried by the Real midfield.

Feck that. He isn't in his prime, but I'm sure he can still do a job, and you can tell he has put in the work this summer. Definitely not good enough to justify the absurd financials, but still useful to have at this level.

But not under a complete fraud of a manager and his clown football. A manager that makes the team less than the sum of its parts.

Casemiro isn't the one to blame that this manager can't set up and coach a team.

Schweinsteiger MKII.

We're at the point of stop buying older players that have accomplished everything.

This is the second season in a row that's failed to materialise. A lot of people seem to have banished the fact that he was shite in the second half of his debut season from their memory, but I certainly still remember the excuses about him being "tired" and how it wasn't his fault because the entire team was struggling and that he'd be back with a vengeance after the summer break. Then last season happened. He's been awful for a solid 18 months. At some point you have to accept that this is just his level now, and that signing a 30 year old Real Madrid cast-off on astronomical wages has been a disaster.
Real don't sell top players unless their data is telling them they're declining.

Players run so much more than they used to, many will age out of the top level sooner than we're used to.

I think his body just can't do what it used to.

Shades of Ronaldo now, hopefully player and club can accept where things are at and do the right thing parting on good terms.

Best thing for him probably to keep him doing CB drills every week in case backup needed there. He may still be able to play in a midfield but definitely not in this one.

His wife must be friends with Thiago Silva's wife. I always liked her getting involved on Twitter, it must be hard for the partners of players not to do this kinda thing.

This window is the only chance for us to sell him and we should have according to last season. The ship has sailed now. He will probably leave on a free at some point.

His legs are gone so his wife has to fight his battles for him. Sad.