Is Casemiro Cooked?

Is Casemiro a washed up write off?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
A once great player who has been caught by Father Time. His first half today was atrocious, with him giving the ball away about six times, including twice that led to a goal. It’s sad to see a great player decline, but this league is now too fast for him. He could probably still do a good job in La Liga, where the physical demands are less intense, but he doesn’t have the legs for English football now. To be immediately replaced by Ugarte.

Ugarte and Collyer ahead of him in the pecking order now.

It was a fun evening when everyone tried convincing themselves he was back after the community shield match

He was cooked after his initial 5 months let’s get it right. Suspensions, injuries and bad form have been the norm ever since

Another complete waste of money on a ridiculous wage. Let’s hope Saudi come in or he wants to piss if back to Brazil in January

He should have been moved on in the summer

Let’s hope Saudi come in or he wants to piss if back to Brazil in January
Saudi don’t sign players who don’t add anything to the quality or image of the league. He wouldn’t get into the the top 4 teams there that spend money, and doubt he’d take a pay cut to play for one of their mid table teams.

All good things come to an end. Great player for Madrid.

I was really against this signing given the fee, his age, and the wage, but as usual I got slated, not going to mention names. However, his first season proved me wrong, which is fine. What he's delivered for us in the past season and a bit has been so disappointing, consistently giving the ball away, this surprises me so much. Pace goes with age but the eye for a pass should be still there.

Hopefully he goes the Saudi whilst there's still time.

It was a fun evening when everyone tried convincing themselves he was back after the community shield match

Brighton and Liverpool aren't easy ties.

Casemiro has no legs and Ugarte has just signed. Højlund is injured, Zirkzee needs time and we are still bedding in new players with Yoro out.

Give it time, this will take a few months of adjustment.

Brighton and Liverpool aren't easy ties.

Casemiro has no legs and Ugarte has just signed. Højlund is injured, Zirkzee needs time and we are still bedding in new players with Yoro out.

Give it time, this will take a few months of adjustment.
I pray this post is parody but fear it is not.

Casemiro showed his current worth today. Under the most fainted press he gets dispossessed. 10-15 misplaced passes under no real pressure, resulting in goals. So shit it is laughable that he starts such game. Ugarte can't come soon enough into the side. The problem is I don't know who will replace Bruno who is equally shit at passing and expert at loosing ball in dangerous areas.

Still a few more weeks of the Saudi transfer window - I’d accept a free at this stage

Must have been depressing after all that effort to get ready for the season but surely the penny must have dropped for him today. Hope he's willing to leave the club sooner rather than later unlike some of our clingers on.

I think he is done, but completely isolated and no passing lanes from the awful setup we have. It’s a disgrace that Ten Hag has dug him out when it’s his horrendous setup that forces so many turnovers of possession.

We need a new coach to really know if players like him can still do a job.

Sad to say but I would get him off the wage bill before the Saudi window closes even though we can't get a replacement.

Cooked? More like barbequed and turned to charcoal. Even Matic was more useful towards the end of his time here.

He was cooked after his initial 5 months let’s get it right. Suspensions, injuries and bad form have been the norm ever since

Another complete waste of money on a ridiculous wage. Let’s hope Saudi come in or he wants to piss if back to Brazil in January
Saudis have changed tack and won’t allow their league to be used for retirement any more. They’re targeting younger players or those in their prime, like Toney and Osimhen. They’d have no interest in some washed up Brazilian on huge wages.

Not only is he cooked but he never seemed to get the memo and hasn't adapted his game at all. You can live with a guy who's lost a step but is canny enough to pick his spots and get more cerebral. Casemiro ain't that

Not only is he cooked but he never seemed to get the memo and hasn't adapted his game at all. You can live with a guy who's lost a step but is canny enough to pick his spots and get more cerebral. Casemiro ain't that

Yeah, this combined with his passing it makes him a complete liability at the moment.

Poor passes aside, you can't continue to risk playing a player who looks ruined within half an hour.

I'm not sure exactly why he's tiring so quickly whether it's age, lack of fitness, his exposure in our set up, or a combination of the three but it's horrible to watch.

Taking a player off at half time is the least Ten Hag thing ever and even he knew he had to do it.

The guy has shown he had decent vision and can certainly ping a pass at times, so the horrendous passing mistakes and mistimed tackles probably come down to being absolutely gassed so early in the game.

Can't be playing in the Premier League anymore unless it's as a sub with 15-20 minutes to go when the other team is tiring.

I'm not sure he is done or not. I just don't understand ETHs tactics. It could be a case of he has some left in the tank at the club but under some different structure.

I'm not sure if you even put a prime Kante and much would be different. We only seem to have form of structure against City. Any other team and we are playing chaos ball.

Today was definitely his 'West Brom' moment. No coming back from this - he's done and shouldn't play more than a bit-part role (late sub appearances / League Cup games) for the remainder of the season.

I'm not sure he is done or not. I just don't understand ETHs tactics. It could be a case of he has some left in the tank at the club but under some different structure.

I'm not sure if you even put a prime Kante and much would be different. We only seem to have form of structure against City. Any other team and we are playing chaos ball.

Dont think tactics had to do much with Casemiro just passing the ball to Liverpool for the first goal or getting brushed off the ball for the second goal. Those are individual mistakes that no tactic is going to fix.

Casemiro had options to pick a different option than what he decided to do. He could have decided to pass it to a Manchester United and not to a Liverpool player for example. He had the options of passing to Mainoo, Bruno, towards Mazraoui on the right wing or pass the ball over the two Liverpool players he decided to pass to and reach Dalot or Rashford on the left wing with a pass. For the second goal he could have shielded the ball and kept control instead of starting some attempt at a dribble, he could have attempted a first time pass to Bruno or Zirkzee instead of losing the ball and falling onto the ground. He could even have cut back and passed the ball towards any of Onana/de Ligt or Martinez.

The tactic did offer him options, Casemiro just did everything wrong.

Has he played a worst game in his career? When he turned and left the ball and just backed away and just gave Liverpool possession instead of trying to press and when it back. For me, that’s enough to feck him off to Saudi

Yup, he's playing Power league not Premier League

We’ve already bought his replacement so I think it was known before now. What this manager hasn’t been able to do is buy a player who nails down a position and looks the part. If his new midfielder can’t..he’s done here.

After today’s showing I bet we are stuck with him. Saudi clubs have been directed to not sign older/past it players. I think the only “old player” the clubs signed was Ivan Toney.
Back to Case, that maybe the worst outing I have seen by a United player at OT.

Cooked or not, he’s clearly not comfortable being the defensive midfielder in the so called best transition tactics in the world. There might be some more life in him but it’s not going to happen in this system.