ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Towhid Hridoy is the kind of name that looks tantalising like a word on your scrabble rack.

I see that absolutely awful team of no hopers India have absolutely walked it to the semi finals.

Not hard when all 6 of our games so far haven't involved a half decent opponent!

Which is part of the reason you were comfortable pre tournament Favs!

Going to be a semi final line up of the big boys. Should be fun.

Which is part of the reason you were comfortable pre tournament Favs!

Going to be a semi final line up of the big boys. Should be fun.
Indeed, and couple of good matches coming up before it too!

And about us, I've faith in our bowling. They've given a decent showing so far. The batting can/will fail spectacularly at some point.

Absolutely buzzing for them they were superb
Same thought it was slipping a bit when Maxwell and stoinis starting getting a partnership going but some great bowling in the end.Really makes the india vs Australia game a bit of a decider now for the aussies if afghanistan get past Bangladesh.

Same thought it was slipping a bit when Maxwell and stoinis starting getting a partnership going but some great bowling in the end.Really makes the india vs Australia game a bit of a decider now for the aussies if afghanistan get past Bangladesh.

Just hope Afghanistan can get themselves down from the massive high of such an historic win

Just hope Afghanistan can get themselves down from the massive high of such an historic win
True could be a risk but also maybe go the other way and boost their confidence more,they do seem to have good characters in the team and also having the experience of trott and bravo helping out is great for them

In essence this was very similar to the Scotland game, Australia picked an extra spinner & decided to field( absolutely insane decision). Very sloppy in the field and kind of underestimated the Afghans. Afghanistan batting is basically their openers and somehow someone in the Aussie management decided to drop their biggest new ball threat. What we thought in the Scotland game was Aus not wanting to win in the field actually turned out to be their new average level. Australian batting is very heavily dependent on boundary hitting and there isn’t enough knocking it around for 1-2 at all. Great win for Afghanistan and Australia are right on the edge of going out now

Forecast doesn't look great for Barbados today, thundery showers all day

Some of the catching by Afghanistan was exceptional. Noor seemed to get panicked every time the ball came to him in the field and there were one or two poor misfields that gave runs away, but they basically took all the chances in the crunch moments. Very impressive stuff from them and great to see Bravo living every ball too.

In essence this was very similar to the Scotland game, Australia picked an extra spinner & decided to field( absolutely insane decision). Very sloppy in the field and kind of underestimated the Afghans. Afghanistan batting is basically their openers and somehow someone in the Aussie management decided to drop their biggest new ball threat. What we thought in the Scotland game was Aus not wanting to win in the field actually turned out to be their new average level. Australian batting is very heavily dependent on boundary hitting and there isn’t enough knocking it around for 1-2 at all. Great win for Afghanistan and Australia are right on the edge of going out now
They really miss Steven Smith. If the openers don't make a good start, they need somebody to steady the ship. Smith does this as well as anybody and can still score at a decent rate.

He also takes catches about as well as anybody in this current Australian team.

apparently England are through if they chase whatever USA put up in 18 overs

I wish Rashid could play test cricket
I think I don’t know enough cricket to know why he’s so good for England. Looks normal to my eye but consistently so effective. Strangely almost never plays in the ipl

I can imagine all ten of the Americans watching this angrily going outside to shoot at clouds or something

Was that really top class bowling?

He just bowled back of length top of off stump 5 deliveries in a row and nobody knew how to deal with it :lol:

Commentator just said 18.4 overs to guarantee semi's.

Okay, seems pretty doable.

So England most likely finish 2nd regardless? If SA win, they will be ahead of England on points. If WI win, they will likely be ahead of England on NRR.

EDIT: Just seen your post about 12 overs for top spot