ICC T20 World Cup 2024

Buttler wants top spot - 32 runs from that over. 11 overs? Too easy.

Nice one Jos, I’m starving and can get tea started quicker now. Ridiculous batting.

Fair play to England making the semis. Whatever happens now it's been a respectable defence of the trophy.

We didn't look great in the group stages in the last T20 WC before turning it on for the knockouts, hopefully the same again.

Last edited:
Weird tournament by us so far. Brutal v the small teams, not firing the big ones.

But we have made the semis. Different tournament from here and it feels like we have some momentum.

Weird tournament by us so far. Brutal v the small teams, not firing the big ones.

But we have made the semis. Different tournament from here and it feels like we have some momentum.
Tbf we've only really played 3 'big' teams. Bad against Australia, SA could've gone either way and a good performance vs the hosts.

Edit: So basically we finish 2nd regardless of the WI/SA result. If WI win they'll most likely overtake our NRR anyway.

Last edited:
The irony. SA unbeaten throughout, but if they lose this next one, they're out

Somehow a combination of this format and the pitches are producing exciting matches. Now potentially Aussies/SA can go out, before the semis.

The inexperience of the US team got exposed towards the latter stages of the tournament. They will get better if they play some of the big guys.

side question- in the next IPL, if one of these Indian origin (and citizen) players who played for US are in the auction pool, do they get listed under overseas quota?

Is it though? I mean they could get out in the semis or even in the finals. India did that in the recent ODI World Cup too. So it’s more common.
It was more along the lines of, no matter how good SA are, they can always seem to find a way to end up going home before they should.

One thing you can say about Reeza Hendricks is, he doesn't monopolize the strike.

Luck really seems to be on South Africa's side! Though seemed to have bowled really well too tbf

Nothing against SA and they have a side that is great to watch. But I'm hoping the Windies sneak through.
I'm actually hoping the opposite. If England don't win it, then SA would be my next choice.

Jansen is the Pat Cummins equivalent in South Africa's batting line-up. He'll plod and plod and take them home :D