Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Forgot about daemon. 7 vs 1 is it? And then there is 1 flying around unclaimed in the vale?
Technically the Greens also have Aegons dragon, which is mending after the last battle, and Helaenas, which I don't think we've seen much of. And in the last episode they just mentioned that Alicent's son's dragon in Oldtown had taken flight, but then it will be very small still.

Probably not a popular opinion but I really liked Silverwing's rider flying over KL in that scene. Let's face it, most characters in the show aren't very relatable but he is what I'd be like, and I've got a fan blowing at the moments so it felt very immersive, haha

Probably not a popular opinion but I really liked Silverwing's rider flying over KL in that scene. Let's face it, most characters in the show aren't very relatable but he is what I'd be like, and I've got a fan blowing at the moments so it felt very immersive, haha
Ffs we just spend a page arguing about it :D I thought it was made too silly. Just a normal "slightly excited" flyover would have been enough.

I thought he'd basically defected and was going to park his dragon outside the pub. Bit dissapointing really

One thing i wondered: is Aemond a fkin Elf or something? How did see all those dragons from a few miles up?

Also: Vermithor seems to be much more of a badass than saggy tits Vhagar

Don't know why Rhaenyra didn't just claim Vermithor for herself and give up her's to be claimed. Surely that strengthens her position?

Or is there a lifelong bond thing? Folks seem to readily inherit dragons, so didn't think it would be a big deal.

Those dragon keepers must feel pretty worthless right now after their public strop made no difference :lol:

Don't know why Rhaenyra didn't just claim Vermithor for herself and give up her's to be claimed. Surely that strengthens her position?

Or is there a lifelong bond thing? Folks seem to readily inherit dragons, so didn't think it would be a big deal.

Those dragon keepers must feel pretty worthless right now after their public strop made no difference :lol:

It's a lifelong bond, supposedly. You definitely don't give up your dragon.

Yeah, I liked it. He's like Alan Davies on QI - the relatable human element. Which means he'll probably end up dead in an episode or two.

I thought he'd basically defected and was going to park his dragon outside the pub. Bit dissapointing really
At least his drunk buddies could have been shown fist pumping and high fiving and screaming woo-hoos outside the pub.

Rather morbid but the bold decision to call all the bastards killed 2 birds with one stone.

For one, they got new dragon riders, and secondly, killed off a whole host of potential pretenders to the throne.

Relatable my arse. One sharp turn from a dragon and I'd fall to my doom!

Are the riders strapped in or do just hold on to the handles and pray?

It's a dragon, not a car.

Large parts of the season finale have leaked online already. Be careful about where you might see spoilers.

Relatable my arse. One sharp turn from a dragon and I'd fall to my doom!

Are the riders strapped in or do just hold on to the handles and pray?
There is a reason why so often you see cowgirl in GoT universe sex scenes. Its all kegel exercises for the off chance they need to ride a dragon.

It's a dragon, not a car.
Neither is a skateboard, bike, nor even a horse, and they can all be changed so the point you may be trying to make is lost on me.

Annoyingly, there's no dragon DVLA handbook laying about with big red warning letters saying "no backsies" in bold red so bar @nimic's answer (thanks nimic!) I have little context. :)

I also genuinely, don't see why not. Trying to remember if Khaleesi always rode the same dragon (drogon?). She probably did, but it's not something I took notice of.

Large parts of the season finale have leaked online already. Be careful about where you might see spoilers.
I’m finding this sorta stuff all over. If you don’t see things opening night you’re screwed as there are minutes long clips of important scenes everywhere. Don’t even have to go looking anymore, just SURPRISE here’s a spoiler for the show you like to watch.

Is this show based on books or are directors putting their own spin on things?
I haven't read the book, but the way I understand it is that they are way less detailed than the show. More like a historical account than an actual novel. So the showrunners are adding a lot and making up some of their own stuff as well.

I’m finding this sorta stuff all over. If you don’t see things opening night you’re screwed as there are minutes long clips of important scenes everywhere. Don’t even have to go looking anymore, just SURPRISE here’s a spoiler for the show you like to watch.
I do find it easier to avoid it in general you avoid hitting links to spoilers or articles about said shows. The algorithm seems to keep it away from me that way.

Is it the full episode that leaked? Can you let me know if so as it's shameful behaviour, I'll try to find it so I can report it

I read that about 60% of it has been leaked. Something to do with a cock up by HBO Max in Iceland leaking it by accident apparently.

I’ve accidentally come across a few major spoilers :(

I read that about 60% of it has been leaked. Something to do with a cock up by HBO Max in Iceland leaking it by accident apparently.

I’ve accidentally come across a few major spoilers :(
Ah... well 60% isn't worth my reporting time so I won't bother investigating.

I've spoilt a few things myself reading up on some character wikis... it's so easy with this show!

2qtkc96k6ufd1.jpeg

It's a lifelong bond, supposedly. You definitely don't give up your dragon.
In GoT they said, dragons can have multiple riders during their long life, but no one has ever rode two dragons. Your first dragon is your last.

This show has fallen off hard this season. Say it again but Alicent and Rhaenyra are the main problem with the show now, the show-writers have removed a lot of their interesting features, they both have a lot of Cersei in them, but for some reason the showriters have chosen to remove a lot of their viciousness and made them passive victims. A waste.

This show has fallen off hard this season. Say it again but Alicent and Rhaenyra are the main problem with the show now, the show-writers have removed a lot of their interesting features, they both have a lot of Cersei in them, but for some reason the showriters have chosen to remove a lot of their viciousness and made them passive victims. A waste.
This season has been good. Yes there are slow parts to it but they can’t have an action scene every episode. And while I agree Alicent’s character is pretty useless and Olivia being bad at acting doesn’t help but Emma is a very good actor and her character is getting interesting.

Decent episode but it bugs me how predictable it is. The two randoms we’ve shown you scenes of all season are the two that claim a dragon. Could’ve chucked a surprise in or something. Just like when the darkwing tried it was obvious he’d get burned.
Well the surprise was Alyn’s brother.

I haven't read the book, but the way I understand it is that they are way less detailed than the show. More like a historical account than an actual novel. So the showrunners are adding a lot and making up some of their own stuff as well.
They are doing a better job of making up storylines where the books don’t help than they did with GOT.

This season has been good. Yes there are slow parts to it but they can’t have an action scene every episode. And while I agree Alicent’s character is pretty useless and Olivia being bad at acting doesn’t help but Emma is a very good actor and her character is getting interesting.

I think they are both good with Emma having the potential to be excellent if they were better at writing for the character.

Hmmm no cause everyone looks up when a dragon flies cause they are curious if they are going to get burned.
They did not show everyone doing it though. In any case it wasn’t a suprise to me because of that. As soon as they started talking about bastards riding dragons 2 became obvious to me and he was one of them

Hmmm to be honest it was a bit obvious when the previous few episodes we saw him looking up at dragons
It was the same dragon that was always flying over. Seasmoke was like that guy who fancies the girl who works at Greggs, so walks up and down outside the shop 10 times a day.

The series isnt terrible by any means but it lacks what made prime GOT great. Having Aemond with a eyepatch as the main villain brings me back to that villian with an eyepatch from GOT. Greyjoy something?

The series isnt terrible by any means but it lacks what made prime GOT great. Having Aemond with a eyepatch as the main villain brings me back to that villian with an eyepatch from GOT. Greyjoy something?

GOT is untouchable and sadly I can't see anyone putting a similar effort into a show any time soon.

we are at the end of the S2 now.

GOT, just in the first couple of episodes of S1, gave us Tyrion, Tywin, Hound, The Mountain, Varys, Baelish, Drogo, R. Baratheon, Ned and his sons + Theon, Jaime Lannister, Renly, Loras, Jorah Mormont, Alisser Thorne, Bronn etc :lol:

eyepatch? are you sure it was villain and not Berric?