Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Aw shiiieeetttt. That was a good episode. But Daemon, get the FECK out and commit war crimes already.

So. Much. Setup.

It's still watchable because of the dialogue, acting, and production value are really good, but the plot moves along at a snails pace. With just one episode left this season, I really hope for a banger of a last episode.

Highlight of this one (apart from the dragon sequence) was Oscar Tully. For someone literally named after a muppet, he's quite the badass.

So Rhaenrya has Syrax, Vermithor and Silverwing + Caraxes if Daemon doesn't betray her

Doesn't look good for team Green they only have Vhagar right?

Thought it was a bit meh. Enjoyed last season and the early episodes of this season, but it's dragging now. We get it, all the dragons will be claimed (likely leading to a dragon battle royal in next week's finale). The exclusivity of dragons/dragon riders in GoT made it feel special. There's just too many dragons now. Holding dragon rider tryouts where any chubby blond could be a potential dragon rider is just taking the piss. Daemon being verbally outdueled by the young Tully was the highlight of this week.
We all wanted to see house Targaryan at their peak with all their dragon power and now we finally get it and some people still find something to complain about. The dragons are the coolest part of the whole show FFS :lol:

I actually thought the young Tully lad was the best part of this episode. Don't get me wrong the end was fun and all, but nothing better than seeing a well acted character talking shit and putting a character firmly in their place.

Thought it was a bit meh. Enjoyed last season and the early episodes of this season, but it's dragging now. We get it, all the dragons will be claimed (likely leading to a dragon battle royal in next week's finale). The exclusivity of dragons/dragon riders in GoT made it feel special. There's just too many dragons now. Holding dragon rider tryouts where any chubby blond could be a potential dragon rider is just taking the piss. Daemon being verbally outdueled by the young Tully was the highlight of this week.
It's the height of the Targaryen dynasty after almost a century of peace. Of course there are a lot of dragons?

Agree that it’s been dragging on a bit; they must be confident of multiple future seasons. I was hoping they’d revive the tradition of the penultimate episode of GoT being the climax, but at least we can be confident the finale will be a banger.

Did anyone else notice the use of clouds? Not sure if that’s ’fog of war’ or meant to be a premonition of smoke. Or if I’m just making things up…
Only 1-2 more seasons. They don't have the GOT of no defined end in sight.

Decent episode but it bugs me how predictable it is. The two randoms we’ve shown you scenes of all season are the two that claim a dragon. Could’ve chucked a surprise in or something. Just like when the darkwing tried it was obvious he’d get burned.

Decent episode but it bugs me how predictable it is. The two randoms we’ve shown you scenes of all season are the two that claim a dragon. Could’ve chucked a surprise in or something. Just like when the darkwing tried it was obvious he’d get burned.
It was predictable, and we didn't see enough of them to actually care about them and I've no idea what their names are.

That cnut from the bar deserved to get burnt.

The music and atmosphere had me convinced Allicent was doing a Virginia Woolf.

Great episode overall, for me. I'm loving the season on the whole, but even Rhaenyra finally had a pretty good episode for once which was nice.

Looked like an egg to me.

This season is really dragging on. They could’ve condensed everything that’s happened so far into 4-5 episodes. The Daemon storyline was wearing thin a few episodes ago.

Very glad to see that cnut Daemon humbled by the little shit. Apart from this, the shows appears both slow in some parts and very rushed in others. In peak GoT, from riders being chosen to the show of force above King's Landing, would have been at least three episodes.

Good episode but the Daemon plot line is terrible. The kid is a bad actor as well. Not sure what they were thinking doing that with such a good character.

agree that it was all a bit predictable and annoying it took 7 episodes to get to this point. Very little of note has actually really happened this season overall, just feels like all setup.

this season will have fewer episodes than the first one and you can see those 2 episodes are missing. these new riders got very little time before this episode so they end up being just a two randoms with dragons. they should have been given more time instead of Daemon doing nothing in Harrenhal for the whole season. he's been so long inside that castle now that I don't even remember him ever being outside or riding a dragon.

Nice end to the episode but what the hell was Rhenayra thinking of with letting all those people loose in front of Vermithor.

The episode was definitely predictability though in terms of what was going to happen with the dragons.

Last edited:
That was a brilliant episode. The cave scenes were spectacularly tense and well done.

this season will have fewer episodes than the first one and you can see those 2 episodes are missing. these new riders got very little time before this episode so they end up being just a two randoms with dragons. they should have been given more time instead of Daemon doing nothing in Harrenhal for the whole season. he's been so long inside that castle now that I don't even remember him ever being outside or riding a dragon.
Exactly, Daemon got far too much screen time for having to finally come to terms that he doesn't want to be king.

That was a brilliant episode. The cave scenes were spectacularly tense and well done.
Probably my favourite bit. I was sort of groaning at it at first like "come on, death by dragonfire is so last episode" and then Vermithor goes and shows us just how badly the whole affair can really go.

Actually that was my second favourite bit. The fact that there's a dragonrider called "Alan from Hull" is my favourite bit. It's like a pub landlord with a WMD in his garden shed.

The noises Vermithor made were well done, I thought. Reminded me of the original T-Rex from JP.

It's mitigated by the legacy of early GoT a bit though. Up until the scene ended I still thought Hugh would be toasted. The legacy could've made the Darklyn roast a surprise though.

I also liked the Ulf thing. The dragon (dunno that one's name) seemed to think, ha, what a goofy little dude, I'll take him.

We all wanted to see house Targaryan at their peak with all their dragon power and now we finally get it and some people still find something to complain about. The dragons are the coolest part of the whole show FFS :lol:
I actually always liked the "magic" parts of this universe the least. I'm in for the backstabbing and cocks. I mean boobs.

I thought nothing will come close to GoT but i was mistaken. Damn, this is great show. Not GoT level (nothing is and ever will be) but it is close.

I am hard core "book purist" but i must admit that ecranisation of Velaryons is top notch. Lord Corlys especially. Best character in this show.

Last edited:
So Rhaenrya has Syrax, Vermithor and Silverwing + Caraxes if Daemon doesn't betray her

Doesn't look good for team Green they only have Vhagar right?

I think it's pretty obvious that Rhaena is going to take the dragon from The Eyrie, so that will probably be another one

The casting of alicent just doesn’t work now. They needed to age Olivia Cooke - she’s 1 & 3 years older than the guys playing her sons and it just doesn’t work.

Thought that was class. Really enjoying it. Think the cooke and darcys acting is superb

I'm avoiding this thread based on the negativity. Though avoiding this thread means I haven't seen anyone be negative about the last episode (which I thought was great), so I'll take your word for it.
Definitely a good episode, it’s just that not an awful lot has happened over the entire 7 episodes and it’s already the finale next week, I guess. A lot of faffing around, especially with Daemon.