Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

I thought that guy who saved him was the bastard? I can't keep up on who's who. Yeah I'm annoyed they have pushed Daemon to the side. Waste of a good character. Its like sending Floki from Vikings to Iceland. Hated that storyline.

Hopefully he'll stop being a paranoid twat and start getting back to doing what he does best.

To be fair thats based on real life as Iceland was discovered by Floki.

If you’re all watching the season you will notice how the character remarked about how wild she was as a youth before the weight of falling the king fell on her
Yeah, it makes sense, I just don’t think that’s a good argument for making your protagonist rather dull. You could make that same character development while keeping your character captivating.

Another slowish episode for me. They could do with introducing more characters fighting for the factions. For example they introduced the Lannister guy at the beginning and nothing else. We've seen nothing regarding the Starks as well from episode 1. Hopefully things pick up for the final 2 episodes.

If you’re all watching the season you will notice how the character remarked about how wild she was as a youth before the weight of following the king fell on her
I don't really blame the actress, I just don't really like the character anymore. I get that she is supposed to be frustrated and boxed in, it's just, meh.

Really finding lezzer lady's accent and accentuation grating. I know she's supposed to be exotic. But it's shit.

She's a bad actress, but she was worse in Devs. At least she's doing something here. I can live with it.
She’s shite, yeah, best thing she’s done is Ex Machina, put it all on the line amirite?

It was a very slow episode, trying to figure out who’s who and which dragon is where and does what is quite tedious as well. Daemon has turned into such a nothing character.

She’s shite, yeah, best thing she’s done is Ex Machina, put it all on the line amirite?

It was a very slow episode, trying to figure out who’s who and which dragon is where and does what is quite tedious as well. Daemon has turned into such a nothing character.

Do you watch Alt Shift X? Good videos about the episodes, non-spoilery (for book stuff). A bit slow, but hey, that fits.

I wish they would show a few more of the battles that are happening with the various houses. It's too focused on the 3 primary locations with the rest of the plot progressing off-screen and only being mentioned in conversation. I also think they've not got any character that has the screen presence Viserys & Otto had in season 1.

I wish they would show a few more of the battles that are happening with the various houses. It's too focused on the 3 primary locations with the rest of the plot progressing off-screen and only being mentioned in conversation. I also think they've not got any character that has the screen presence Viserys & Otto had in season 1.
Yep the battles situation is one of my gripes as well. You wouldn’t think there was a war going on.

I actually liked how they just jumped right to the end of the Battle at the mill; it was effective and the battle didn’t involve anyone we care about anyway.

What it’s missing, as opposed to another season of a show which often had battles largely off-screen (GoT S2), is enough characters with charming wit as well as the occasional humor.

Another meh episode but at least things are now in motion to get really interesting.

Is that fella Corlys son? The one who faked his death and fecked off in season 1. Im crap with names in this show. The one Dreamfyre at the end was looking at
No that guy is Corlys' baseborn son Addam. The brother of Alyn, the one he named as his first mate. The dragon was Seasmoke not Dreamfyre.

Another thing I've noticed. Is it me or is the music incredibly bland in this show? The music in GoT was such an important part of the show, each house with a distinct theme. Yet I'm struggling to think what the music is in this show. Shame.

Another thing I've noticed. Is it me or is the music incredibly bland in this show? The music in GoT was such an important part of the show, each house with a distinct theme. Yet I'm struggling to think what the music is in this show. Shame.
Lazy bastards reused the old theme which was shameless

I can forgive using the same main theme because it's so iconic but the in-episode stuff is bland outside of the reuse of GoT motifs for specific houses.

We need more of this:

And less of this:

I'm finding this season to be a lot more boring than the previous and I'm struggling to put my finger on why that is. Perhaps Viserys carried the show more than I thought. It does feel like there is a lack of interesting characters, but I never remember thinking that during season 1.

I'm finding this season to be a lot more boring than the previous and I'm struggling to put my finger on why that is. Perhaps Viserys carried the show more than I thought. It does feel like there is a lack of interesting characters, but I never remember thinking that during season 1.
He was a bit of a centrepiece for everything to flow around and did rise to the role to put in an excellent performance. I wouldn't be too critical of the other characters but they're not putting in performances that good
I'm not sure comparisons with GoT will do this favours as it just seems much more focused and limited in scope. Which is fine but probably wont have as much appeal as a show that has a bit of everything. Its Kings Landing politics with a bit of extra Danaery's and her dragon stuff.

Viserys basically had some idea what was going on and how to behave. Feels like this season it's just a bunch of angsty teens trying to pretend they're something they're not.

It's been a very average season at best so far.

Agree there aren’t any particularly captivating characters. Daemon was fun but he’s been really drab this season, I quite liked Aegon as well so it’s a shame they’ve bumped him off for now. The rest are decent, but there’s no real standouts leading it.

Another slowish episode for me. They could do with introducing more characters fighting for the factions. For example they introduced the Lannister guy at the beginning and nothing else. We've seen nothing regarding the Starks as well from episode 1. Hopefully things pick up for the final 2 episodes.

This is the problem for me too, but in comparison to how they introduced the leaders of the houses from GOTD they are not leaving a mark on my memory enough. The houses, Brackens, Blackwoods and whoever in the Riverrun etc Daemon’s trying to unite and the lords that sit on both of Aemond and Rhaenerys council are either just boring or forgetful enough on screen you wonder who they are talking about at times.

im quite enjoying it actually, found a good streaming site and it works well. of course you can never have enough battle scenes / dragon fights.
your all a bunch of miserable gits hating on it, but still watching each ep as soon as its out.

flixflare dot to keeps appearing on by brave app, scoundrels with their naughty streams.

Rhaenyra and Alicent aren't interesting enough to be the core of the story that the writers want them to be.

Meant to bea banger of an episode tonight, just about stayed up to watch it..

Thought it was a bit meh. Enjoyed last season and the early episodes of this season, but it's dragging now. We get it, all the dragons will be claimed (likely leading to a dragon battle royal in next week's finale). The exclusivity of dragons/dragon riders in GoT made it feel special. There's just too many dragons now. Holding dragon rider tryouts where any chubby blond could be a potential dragon rider is just taking the piss. Daemon being verbally outdueled by the young Tully was the highlight of this week.

Thought it was a bit meh. Enjoyed last season and the early episodes of this season, but it's dragging now. We get it, all the dragons will be claimed (likely leading to a dragon battle royal in next week's finale). The exclusivity of dragons/dragon riders in GoT made it feel special. There's just too many dragons now. Holding dragon rider tryouts where any chubby blond could be a potential dragon rider is just taking the piss. Daemon being verbally outdueled by the young Tully was the highlight of this week.
The show is called "House of Dragons"

Agree that it’s been dragging on a bit; they must be confident of multiple future seasons. I was hoping they’d revive the tradition of the penultimate episode of GoT being the climax, but at least we can be confident the finale will be a banger.

Did anyone else notice the use of clouds? Not sure if that’s ’fog of war’ or meant to be a premonition of smoke. Or if I’m just making things up…