Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Quite funny that they pre-spoiled their own show :lol: Not for you, of course...

Think they said 3 or 4 seasons.
Little shit was staring RIGHT at the camera laughing too. As if he's laughing at us for spoiling it. There's no end to his depravity

Well not only Joffrey but Stannis daughter spoiled the Dance of the Dragons too..even more in the history and lore videos of GoT the whole story about House of the Dragon is being told narrated by the some of actors from GoT...

I saw a scene in Game of Thrones discussing what happens and speaks about this timeline. Goddammit Joffrey! Even when your not in it, I hate you.

In spite of that. How the feck does that happen?! I can't wait to see how it gets to that point. Did the showrunners say how many seasons HOT is going to have?
Think this is the spoiler I read. And it's annoying because at its discussed in the show, it's not a spoiler in the most technical way. But it's a fecking spoiler.

I saw a scene in Game of Thrones discussing what happens and speaks about this timeline. Goddammit Joffrey! Even when your not in it, I hate you.

In spite of that. How the feck does that happen?! I can't wait to see how it gets to that point. Did the showrunners say how many seasons HOT is going to have?
In fairness, what we see in the HOTD series is what “actually” happened. In the song of ice and fire books (and GOT TV series) the houses still argue about what really happened, based on what side they were on at the time and no one really knows the details.

I’ve not read all HOTD book (got really bored a hundred pages in) but even that gives the showrunners a bit of license to come up with their own stuff, as the book is “written” by maesters with a bent view on history - think Herodotus or Gibbon.

What Joffrey says could well happen though :lol:.

Another meh episode but at least things are now in motion to get really interesting.

Is that fella Corlys son? The one who faked his death and fecked off in season 1. Im crap with names in this show. The one Dreamfyre at the end was looking at

Bold move to hear a woman talk about her father raping, impregnating, then trying to murder you, and then being the trigger to get your freak on

Another meh episode but at least things are now in motion to get really interesting.

Is that fella Corlys son? The one who faked his death and fecked off in season 1. Im crap with names in this show. The one Dreamfyre at the end was looking at
I don't think so because he was afraid. The person you're referring to wouldn't be afraid.

Isn't he the bastard? The brother of the guy who saved Corlys?

Can't be any more obvious that the blond guy with the sick kid has some Targ in him and will end up a dragon rider

Lame how Daemon has turned into such a brooding pussy this season

Isn't he the bastard? The brother of the guy who saved Corlys?

Can't be any more obvious that the blond guy with the sick kid has some Targ in him and will end up a dragon rider

Lame how Daemon has turned into such a brooding pussy this season
I thought that guy who saved him was the bastard? I can't keep up on who's who. Yeah I'm annoyed they have pushed Daemon to the side. Waste of a good character. Its like sending Floki from Vikings to Iceland. Hated that storyline.

Hopefully he'll stop being a paranoid twat and start getting back to doing what he does best.

I thought that guy who saved him was the bastard? I can't keep up on who's who. Yeah I'm annoyed they have pushed Daemon to the side. Waste of a good character. Its like sending Floki from Vikings to Iceland. Hated that storyline.
He is, but he's got a brother. You see them both earlier in the episode

I just realized that Simon Strong (the Harrenhal guy) is Lavrentiy Beria from The Death of Stalin. I've been wondering where I know him from.
He was class in that film and he's well good in this too.

No. The one shown shaving his head is definitely Corlys' bastard son based off the way they interact and the way Rhaenys spoke about him.
The conversation between the two brothers this episode suggests that they might both be good bastards.

The son that faked his death and got sent away was legitimate and Corlys' heir. They also have no idea he's alive.

How many episodes can Daemon spend in a state of self-pity and confusion in Harrenhal? Get on with it. Also, it's crazy how much they recycle from Game of Thrones at times. This time it was the starvation fueled riot, complete with one of the main characters being hit in the face with something nasty.

Bit of a slow episode, but at least in ended with some action :smirk:

forget that early GoT existed and this is a very good show, just a bit slower in comparision and obviously, lesser. GoT is simply an outlier in modern television and you probably won't experience something similarly massive ever again.

HoD will never top GoT, but it's certainly better that such shows exist because it's not like there are alternatives out there.

I actually don't mind Daemon's story as it's clearly building to a big climax. He needed more complexity to his character otherwise he'd fall into the pantomime villain arc and be too similar to Aemond.

Guessing the large Dragon on the Vale will become the babysitters. Seasnakes rider is interesting, must be a Targ bastard. So who's is it? The Princess that died recently? Must be a male as a female Targ could not hide the pregnancy. Probably Daemon's, right?

I actually don't mind Daemon's story as it's clearly building to a big climax. He needed more complexity to his character otherwise he'd fall into the pantomime villain arc and be too similar to Aemond.

Guessing the large Dragon on the Vale will become the babysitters. Seasnakes rider is interesting, must be a Targ bastard. So who's is it? The Princess that died recently? Must be a male as a female Targ could not hide the pregnancy. Probably Daemon's, right?

If you mean Seasmoke, isn't it pretty clear the it is Corlys' bastard (he's called Addam) that is the rider? Pretty much the only way to interpret that final scene, and he's the half-brother of Seasmoke's previous rider.

If you mean Seasmoke, isn't it pretty clear the it is Corlys' bastard (he's called Addam) that is the rider? Pretty much the only way to interpret that final scene, and he's the half-brother of Seasmoke's previous rider.

Are they both his bastards? The shaven head lad is the bastard no? I thought they made it pretty clear this episode that a rider needed immediate Targ blood? I don't know any book lore and it's not been made clear who the previous rider was.

Are they both his bastards? The shaven head lad is the bastard no? I thought they made it pretty clear this episode that a rider needed immediate Targ blood? I don't know any book lore and it's not been made clear who the previous rider was.

I think one of them explicitly said something about Corlys never wanting to acknowledge them as his sons. I haven’t read the book either, but I’m pretty sure they are brothers and both his bastards.

Pretty sure during head shaving the stubble is clearly white, which I thought was a cool touch. I assumed their both bastards of the sea snake.

I thought that Seasmoke was riderless, no? And that it kind selected Alyn’s brother (who is also Corlys bastard) as its rider? I wasn’t sure if that’s how it tends to happen though. I thought the rider had to approach it and jump on, like breaking in a horse on Red Dead

I’m surprised there’s so much activity in this thread compared to other shows. I mean I’m watching it too but finding it a little dull because the characters are so uninteresting. Are people generally excited about the show?

I’m surprised there’s so much activity in this thread compared to other shows. I mean I’m watching it too but finding it a little dull because the characters are so uninteresting. Are people generally excited about the show?
Based on the activity in this thread I would say some people are definitely excited about the show. Is this the type of show you typically watch?

Based on the activity in this thread I would say some people are definitely excited about the show. Is this the type of show you typically watch?
I was a huge GOT fan and I see many of the same qualities in HotD but for me it’s just sorely lacking in fascinating characters. There were at least 20 GOT characters I cared more about than any HotD character. I’m not trying to shit on other people’s opinions at all, just genuinely curious as to what it is I’m not getting about the show, and which characters others are latching onto and why.

That's such a weird way to come into a thread about a piece of media. It's like a phrase that is solely designed to start an argument. What are people supposed to say?
See my latest post, I realize it may have sounded like that but I’m not trying to be Pogue in the Taylor Swift thread.