Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Are there any dragons kicking about in Kings Landing? They’re telegraphing that there’s going to be new dragon riders but whilst two candidate guys are there I thought that big boy Daemon woke up with his song was in Dragonstone. Same with Laenor’s old one that Mysaria mentioned being lonely in a previous episode.

I expected stronger episode after everything that happened in previous one and I'm not talking about action or anything like that.

there are 3 episodes left but I'm afraid we already saw the best part.

I'm pretty sure that it was another guy.
Oh I thought it was that dude. So we've only seen the drunk guy in the bar the once?

The dude with the sick child is obv a bastard of some description. They haven't gave him the long (dirty) white hair for no reason

Oh I thought it was that dude. So we've only seen the drunk guy in the bar the once?

The dude with the sick child is obv a bastard of some description. They haven't gave him the long (dirty) white hair for no reason
I’ve made a mistake of googling him in order to confirm that it was a different guy and stumbled upon some spoilers (should’ve known better!).

But yeah, those were two different guys with similar-ish hair and we’ve only seen the latter once in the tavern scene.

Didn't Meleys kill loads of small folk at Aegon's coronation? Not sure why they'd they'd all be like; "Tut tut..." at her being paraded through the streets.

I think it was more of a superstition thing. One guy said "I thought dragons were gods?" So if they think their leaders are in the business of killing divine beings, you can see why they see it as a bad omen.

I think it was more of a superstition thing. One guy said "I thought dragons were gods?" So if they think their leaders are in the business of killing divine beings, you can see why they see it as a bad omen.

It's been 80+ years since any dragon died of non-natural causes, and it's not like this is a literate population that would know their history (especially given that the Targaryens have played up their quasi-godhood).

Plus on top of that I do think it's fair for them to be worried about Rhaenyra seeking revenge by attacking King's Landing.

I like Aemond. I can't really figure him out and he looks fecking badass with that eye patch.

Also a proper Habsburg chin is exactly what I would expect a Targaryen to have. This guy is born for this role.

Liked Daemon so much more in season 1. He was badass and a chaos starter. This season he is just a wimp.

I like Aemond. I can't really figure him out and he looks fecking badass with that eye patch.

Also a proper Habsburg chin is exactly what I would expect a Targaryen to have. This guy is born for this role.
Do you like the character or the actor that plays the character?

Criston Cole is such an annoying cnut. I know it's on purpose, but my god, feck him.

The talking-action ratio is a bit off this season. There arent enough interesting characters or schemes to spend 80% of the season talking.

Showed him for 2 seconds in the recap at the beginning of the episode. He's one of the guys who sought an audience with Aemon when he first became king, and I think Aemon said the weapons he made were important for the war and promised him some money.

Showed him for 2 seconds in the recap at the beginning of the episode. He's one of the guys who sought an audience with Aemon when he first became king, and I think Aemon said the weapons he made were important for the war and promised him some money.

I think you mean Aegon.

Was Daemon shagging his mum in that dream? :nervous:
FB-IMG-1721232025565.jpg

The Targaryen names have been a nightmare for me
After playing Elden Ring, I'm convinced GRRM does it to troll readers.

Renna, Rennala, Rellana, Ranni, Radagon, Radahn, Rykard.

Godfrey, Godwyn, Godrick.

Margitt, Morgott, Mohg.

Marika, Malenia, Melina, Miquella.

Piss take.

I'm quite enjoying the spooky castle to be honest. I reckon it'll get moving next 2 episodes.

Just read a massive spoiler on Reddit by a fecking book reader on a TV show only thread.

You lot really can't help yourselves.

Up until reading your reply I thought he was just called Alan. Like a normal bloke from 2010.
That's one of the advantages of watching with subtitles. At least you get the names right. And then you get frustrated with all the people watching without subtitles who cannot spell characters' names for shit. It's like the football forum and player names.
Who is the guy in Kings Landing with the sick child? Is he meant to be important?
I've just assumed it was to show the plight of the small folk. Although I'm struggling to really care to be honest.
Status of all the dragons.

wez541pjc4dd1.png
I thought they said Sunfyre took a while to die in the most recent episode?

So far I'm not really that invested. Daemon's visions annoy me. I guess it's because in all of his scenes you don't really know if it's real or not and it's been like that for a while now.

He used a phrase about ‘long in the dying’ I’m pretty sure. Which sounds like grievously close to death in their speech.
Just read a massive spoiler on Reddit by a fecking book reader on a TV show only thread.

You lot really can't help yourselves.
That’s odd; usually reddit is more civilized with spoilers than Redcafe.

That's one of the advantages of watching with subtitles. At least you get the names right. And then you get frustrated with all the people watching without subtitles who cannot spell characters' names for shit. It's like the football forum and player names.

I've just assumed it was to show the plight of the small folk. Although I'm struggling to really care to be honest.

So far I'm not really that invested. Daemon's visions annoy me. I guess it's because in all of his scenes you don't really know if it's real or not and it's been like that for a while now.
Maybe none of it is real and it's just been him and the witch the whole time...

I saw a scene in Game of Thrones discussing what happens and speaks about this timeline. Goddammit Joffrey! Even when your not in it, I hate you.

In spite of that. How the feck does that happen?! I can't wait to see how it gets to that point. Did the showrunners say how many seasons HOT is going to have?

I saw a scene in Game of Thrones discussing what happens and speaks about this timeline. Goddammit Joffrey! Even when your not in it, I hate you.

In spite of that. How the feck does that happen?! I can't wait to see how it gets to that point. Did the showrunners say how many seasons HOT is going to have?
Quite funny that they pre-spoiled their own show :lol: Not for you, of course...

Think they said 3 or 4 seasons.