Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

aegon-sunfyre-v0-dssscd63y7bd1.gif

That was incredible. I just hope no real dragons were harmed in the making of the episode because the fiction was brutal enough.

"Nooo Rhaenys, it's a trap! Get away! Get away! Oh she's fine. Wait... Noooo get away get away! Oh wait, it's all good. Nooo not that way FFS! That's literally the only place the big bastard could be! And... Neck snap." Sad times. Just how is it that a castle-sized dragon is also the best hide-and-seek player in Westeros? That's just unfair.

I already thought the episode was really good just for the Harrenhal scenes. Through all of GoT and this we've heard of it being a haunted place, so the Daemon bits feel like a bit of a payoff for that. I don't know what the hell is going on in them, but I like them.

That was incredible. I just hope no real dragons were harmed in the making of the episode because the fiction was brutal enough.

"Nooo Rhaenys, it's a trap! Get away! Get away! Oh she's fine. Wait... Noooo get away get away! Oh wait, it's all good. Nooo not that way FFS! That's literally the only place the big bastard could be! And... Neck snap." Sad times. Just how is it that a castle-sized dragon is also the best hide-and-seek player in Westeros? That's just unfair.

I already thought the episode was really good just for the Harrenhal scenes. Through all of GoT and this we've heard of it being a haunted place, so the Daemon bits feel like a bit of a payoff for that. I don't know what the hell is going on in them, but I like them.
Maybe the hallucinations eventually cause Daemon to break psychologically and he attacks kings landing? Or even crazier.. attacks rhaenyra??:wenger:

Yeah, Otto was going to Oldtown to mentor Alicent's other son.
Feel like brother we've seen is purely a plot vehicle for the other one. Cole's gonna get him killed or kill him and unseen brother will take his revenge. Well try to. Cole's that cnut that will stay alive till the final episode I feel.

I'm itching so badly for the next episode of this but I think HBO shows are the best evidence that weekly release schedules are still the best delivery method for television.
Would be so shit if this was all released at once

If he's alive, there's going to be some internal conflict within the Greens isn't there as he knows one-eye tried to kill him?

I've read up story plot online being impatient and all.

This does look like either 3 or 4 season wrap up.

Good mid season episode, finale will have a decent bar set

FFS book readers can’t help themselves. It’s like they have the urge to show watchers that they have more ‘knowledge’ and want to show this off like the guy in the gym changing room with a massive penis. No one wants to see it.
:lol:

FFS book readers can’t help themselves. It’s like they have the urge to show watchers that they have more ‘knowledge’ and want to show this off like the guy in the gym changing room with a massive penis. No one wants to see it.

I think it's a bit sad really.

We get it, you have read a book detailing the history of a fictional family. Congratulations. (Though it's a pity you cant put some of that herculean intellectual effort into reading and comprehending the thread title).

Us mere mortals have to be spoon fed the information weekly through the idiot box with shiny cartoon dragons and boobs etc, rather than fervently devouring the text by candlelight like you brainiacs.

Is 1 eyes massive dragon the dragon from the egg Dr who stole in season 1 that the rhaenyra went back and retrieved?

Maybe the hallucinations eventually cause Daemon to break psychologically and he attacks kings landing? Or even crazier.. attacks rhaenyra??:wenger:

It's definitely suggesting the latter but that seems mad. Then again he's clearly gonna be a bit of a different character once Harrenhal is done with him, if it ever is. I did love how he just shrugged off that he'd tripped out after the weird tea and was like "oh, I'm at an important meeting now? Game face!"

Great episode!

Does anyone have any idea why Rhaenys had such a resigned look on her face the whole time? It was like she’d accepted death very early on despite nearly taking down Aegon and then Aemond’s dragon? Why did she keep going back?

Also think Aegon will still be alive but badly injured. Maybe he won’t be able to speak for a while so he can’t tell everyone that Aemond was the one who attacked him

Great episode!

Does anyone have any idea why Rhaenys had such a resigned look on her face the whole time? It was like she’d accepted death very early on despite nearly taking down Aegon and then Aemond’s dragon? Why did she keep going back?

Also think Aegon will still be alive but badly injured. Maybe he won’t be able to speak for a while so he can’t tell everyone that Aemond was the one who attacked him
Yeah I didn’t really get it either. I assume because she figured out it was a trap once she saw the big boy dragon and resigned herself to being fecked and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory?

Great episode!

I think it's because she knew who she'd be facing? It's the same expression just before she went to attack Vhagar. She kept going back because the job wasn't done and I guess she isn't the kind of person to run from a fight.

Agree about Aegon, his body looks badly burnt but pretty sure his dragon saved him from a hard landing.

Great episode!

I guess she'd gone there to defend the castle having been sent there by Rhaenyra, who she's sworn too. So trap or no, if she flees is it desertion? Maybe Daemon's barbs about how she could have ended the war before it started could also have been at play once she saw Aegon?

I thought she should have bailed too, but those were my rationalisations.

I'll be shocked if Aegon isn't alive. If there is ambiguity it usually means that the character isn't dead.

Yeah I didn’t really get it either. I assume because she figured out it was a trap once she saw the big boy dragon and resigned herself to being fecked and wanted to go out in a blaze of glory?
Her demeanour changed after she met 'Alan', I'm assuming he's her husband's bastard?

I think it's because she knew who she'd be facing? It's the same expression just before she went to attack Vhagar. She kept going back because the job wasn't done and I guess she isn't the kind of person to run from a fight.

Agree about Aegon, his body looks badly burnt but pretty sure his dragon saved him from a hard landing.
she has been criticised heavily by Daemon for not burning the Greens when she had the chance that time she burst through the floor.Maybe that's been weighing on her and she didn't want to return to Dragon stone and be criticised again?

Her demeanour changed after she met 'Alan', I'm assuming he's her husband's bastard?

Yeah she made a comment about his mother being beautiful so I assumed it makes him his son. As in “she must’ve been beautiful for him to cheat on me with her”.

Great episode!

She's tired, Robbie.

The one thing I don't get. Why would Team Dragons go up against the Greens using just 1 dragon when Team Green has the biggest and most powerful dragon? Strength in numbers no? Instead you're sending a dragon in one at a time and getting butchered.

Makes me laugh if he does survive though. They're so high up and the dragon plummeted with no control like a bloody downed spitfire. I know it's fantasy and a show about dragons and magic, but come on. It's a roll your eyes type moment. At least attempt to show the dragon trying to slow itself down as it goes down.

The one thing I don't get. Why would Team Dragons go up against the Greens using just 1 dragon when Team Green has the biggest and most powerful dragon? Strength in numbers no? Instead you're sending a dragon in one at a time and getting butchered.

Makes me laugh if he does survive though. They're so high up and the dragon plummeted with no control like a bloody downed spitfire. I know it's fantasy and a show about dragons and magic, but come on. It's a roll your eyes type moment. At least attempt to show the dragon trying to slow itself down as it goes down.
They didn't except the dragon to be there

well i’m sure the director wanted all that to happen, but you try reasoning with a dragon and getting one to behave. there’s a famous hollywood saying;

“don’t work with children or dragons. and stay away from the weinsteins.”

But that's just silly on their part. To be fair team Dragons have been a mess so understandable they feck up.
Their scouts didn't see a dragon. The reports were an army of men led by cole.

This annoys me also. You'd deploy your dragons together to concentrate your forces. Especially when they can be picked off individually by Vhagar. Dumb strategy in a series concerned with strategic believability.

Great episode otherwise, and the action was brilliant!

She kept going back because she could have ended the war that day. And because shes enough of a badass to take on vhagar and win against an inexperienced rider. I think the dragon kind of signalled to go back the last time itself.

This annoys me also. You'd deploy your dragons together to concentrate your forces. Especially when they can be picked off individually by Vhagar. Dumb strategy in a series concerned with strategic believability.

Great episode otherwise, and the action was brilliant!

Vhager is powerful but slow and Meleyse could outrun her. It was a decision to stay and fight when she could have retreated triumphant.

Great episode!

I think that she had had enough of seeing her family die around her and decided she had lived long enough. I think strapping herself in and going back was a suicide mission. Either she finished the war there or the war finished her. Her real mission in the series was stopping her family tearing itself to pieces and she failed to do it.

It makes the whole scene sadder if you think of it like that.