Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Part of the problem is that there is two very clear sides. With GoT you had so many different arcs and families all wanting a slice of the pie. With this it's just a squabble between the two big families and all others are pushed aside as minor houses with bit parts. I was hoping this Season would introduce a few more families to the table but they've just continued with the same two.

I actually don't mind the characters, even Cole is entertainingly wet, without falling into the pantomime villain role. They're all a pretty believable bunch, just I find there's a lack of spark. Or perhaps a lack of wit that the show needs.

Still, next episode looks like a banger, so I imagine people will probably rave about it next week.
Shit is about to get real. Seeing the eggs of Drogon, Viseron & Rhaegar made me feel sad all over again because of how GoT ended. I still can't figure out which dragon s in the fourth egg though.

Shit is about to get real. Seeing the eggs of Drogon, Viseron & Rhaegar made me feel sad all over again because of how GoT ended. I still can't figure out which dragon s in the fourth egg though.

The one Euron claimed to have that never hatched maybe?

Oh, was that what those eggs were? Hadn't realised.
I didn't also. Because in the book those 3 eggs have different story. I will never again read a book before watching a show first. :)
They changed the story to honor GoT but I figured that's what they were and looks like it was confirmed on an Instagram post. I don't want to link it here because the comments are riddled with spoilers. I'll just include this quote.
“Those are Daenerys’ eggs,” episode three director Geeta Vasant Patel confirmed.
The one Euron claimed to have that never hatched maybe?
Ahh probably. The story can continue with so many different angles if only GRR is willing to write it

Huh, in game of thrones pilot illiyro Mapatis gifts Dany the eggs and says the eggs came from the shadowlands beyond Ashai.

Who do they reckon Criston Cole should end up with? Are they team Team Alicent or Team Rhaenyra?

They seem to hate him hugely and want him dead, unclear to me why. Although they also shout 'Smash' whenever he appears which is a bit confusing. And when the one eyes kid appears it gets even louder. Never had this problem with GoT.

They seem to hate him hugely and want him dead, unclear to me why. Although they also shout 'Smash' whenever he appears which is a bit confusing. And when the one eyes kid appears it gets even louder. Never had this problem with GoT.
Obviously you have to retaliate by watching it with them and saying stuff like; "Get those feet out, Alicent, you slaaaaaag." or "Rhaenys can ride my dragon any day."

Obviously you have to retaliate by watching it with them and saying stuff like; "Get those feet out, Alicent, you slaaaaaag." or "Rhaenys can ride my dragon any day."

Controversial opinion possibly but neither of those two would make top five hot female characters in Game of Thrones. And nor would anyone else in the show. Male gaze is not a thing this time round.

I didn’t realise Aegon is only a year younger than Olivia Cooke in real life :lol: the ageing in this is so weird. In fairness he pulls teenager off a bit better than Aemond does.

What would you call it now? Did you read the books?

Yes. But the way GoT ended and then the day GRRM ceased wanting to be a novelist pretty much killed my excitement about A Song of Ice and Fire. I find myself genuinely not caring if he ever finishes the series.

The worst part is actually that he'll never finish Dunk and Egg. At least we'll get a TV series.

Yes. But the way GoT ended and then the day GRRM ceased wanting to be a novelist pretty much killed my excitement about A Song of Ice and Fire. I find myself genuinely not caring if he ever finishes the series.

The worst part is actually that he'll never finish Dunk and Egg. At least we'll get a TV series.
I hear ya. I'm still hoping he'll finish the books. That would be the only consolation and the only redemption of the mess they made of the series.

I hear ya. I'm still hoping he'll finish the books. That would be the only consolation and the only redemption of the mess they made of the series.

I think we're getting the next one, but the last one seems a stretch. Doubt he'll do a Robert Jordan and have someone else finish it either. Ah well, there are plenty of great fantasy authors out there who are active right now.

I didn't also. Because in the book those 3 eggs have different story. I will never again read a book before watching a show first. :)
They had the same story as the book in season 1, if you look at the dragon designs it's very clear where the eggs came from. They decided to retcon it for the show in season 2 for reasons.

People are saying the actor has a small dick? That's cnutish. Takes serious guts to film a scene like that.

Who was the guy hanged at King's Landing with a crow pecking his eye out? The way the camera lingered on him it feels like we're supposed to know him. The ratcatcher was hanged last episode.
It was Cheese. The Rat Catcher who killed the young prince. His body was still hanging.

I think we're getting the next one, but the last one seems a stretch. Doubt he'll do a Robert Jordan and have someone else finish it either. Ah well, there are plenty of great fantasy authors out there who are active right now.
Do you have any decent recommendations that comes close to GoT?

At this stage it is virtually guaranteed that he won’t finish the series.

It doesn’t matter if he lives for another 20 years (highly unlikely), he has just stopped writing.

Do you have any decent recommendations that comes close to GoT?

Close in style or quality? My favourites atm are Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson and Anthony Ryan right now. Sanderson is currently writing his 10 book epic, The Stormlight Archive. I've list count of how many novels he's finished since Dance came out. All of them, really.

First Law series by Joe Abercrombie
Close in style or quality? My favourites atm are Joe Abercrombie, Brandon Sanderson and Anthony Ryan right now. Sanderson is currently writing his 10 book epic, The Stormlight Archive. I've list count of how many novels he's finished since Dance came out. All of them, really.
Thanks I'll get to reading. :+1:

Just watched the first two episodes of season one. I quite liked it. There aren’t any decent historical tv series around and I’m a sucker for medieval settings.

If Aegon is still alive I swear to God...
I don't think so, but plot armor is plot armor. Assuming not, does that mean Rhanera is the official heir again?

S2e4 was good fun; shame we lost two of the best characters.

I want to know how Daemon reacts when he learns Aemond pulled the old end-around on him.

Wow what an episode bordering line GOT level (1 to 6 seasons). Truly shocked and loved the sequence, the dance has truly commenced.

He's dead right? Surely?

Thing is....Aemonds the one that killed him. The gods don't forgive kingslayers and all that.

If Aegon is still alive I swear to God...
I don't think so, but plot armor is plot armor. Assuming not, does that mean Rhanera is the official heir again?
It's a Rhaenyra v Damon situation again from early season 1 but worse with these lot. Though I doubt they'll feck about and risk anything and give it to Aemond from the jump. Probably has to marry his niece when she's of age or something too.