Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Of course it wasn't real.

its-still-real-to-me-dammit-wwe.gif

So you're coming into this with the book on your mind?

Bloody book readers.

Not really.

The whole stupid plot of Viserys telling Rhaenyra about the prophecy is a show only plot to begin with and even then Alicent still didnt need to be aware of her mistake.

Believing her son should be king because of Westeros tradition etc.is fine, knowing he definitley shouldnt because she hadnt a clue what Viserys was on about and got it wrong and just continuing on anyway just takes away some of the tragedy of the story imo.

Just felt like the scene wasnt needed, and if its that easy to sneak in and out of Kings Landing, it would be easy enough to keep sending assassins after Aegon, especially considering his new Kingsguard appear utterly useless and brothels/bars arent exactly a safe place.

Pretty sure *that* scene in the brothel didnt need to be in it either. Even HBO must adhere to some guidelines surely :lol:

People are saying the actor has a small dick? That's cnutish. Takes serious guts to film a scene like that.

Who was the guy hanged at King's Landing with a crow pecking his eye out? The way the camera lingered on him it feels like we're supposed to know him. The ratcatcher was hanged last episode.

People are saying the actor has a small dick? That's cnutish. Takes serious guts to film a scene like that.

Who was the guy hanged at King's Landing with a crow pecking his eye out? The way the camera lingered on him it feels like we're supposed to know him. The ratcatcher was hanged last episode.
I really need to rewatch this episode. I missed that too.

Yeah, it's unnecessary.

Yeah, it's unnecessary.
Just to clarify I was referring to the character not the actual actor.

I thought it was still the ratcatcher. Maybe we'll get a weekly update on him. He can be like a game of thrones calendar letting us know how much time has passed.

Had to rewatch the first season. I remembered it not so bad but gosh it's bad. Almost Night Country bad.

Started watching from the beginning yesterday. It has potential. That Deamon guy is going to be trouble, right?

Of course there was nudity and sex just for the sake of it but it was similar in Game of thrones so its just something which goes hand in hand I guess.

Started watching from the beginning yesterday. It has potential. That Deamon guy is going to be trouble, right?

Of course there was nudity and sex just for the sake of it but it was similar in Game of thrones so its just something which goes hand in hand I guess.
He's my favorite

It's good because it's in the world of Game of Thrones and has more of the political backstabbing and scheming of the earlier seasons rather than the Hollywood trash the latter seasons turned into, but the characters are all just so unlikable. There's no Tyrion or Bronn, hell, there's not even a charismatic villain like Tywin, it really lacks quality characters. I think Aegon is about the best of them as he plays the brat quite well, and Rhys Ifans does a decent Tywin-lite, but that's it.

It's good because it's in the world of Game of Thrones and has more of the political backstabbing and scheming of the earlier seasons rather than the Hollywood trash the latter seasons turned into, but the characters are all just so unlikable. There's no Tyrion or Bronn, hell, there's not even a charismatic villain like Tywin, it really lacks quality characters. I think Aegon is about the best of them as he plays the brat quite well, and Rhys Ifans does a decent Tywin-lite, but that's it.

That's a fair criticism. I think Daemon is a likable character as well - or at least interesting. I'm hoping the younger generation can take more focus in upcoming episodes, because I think there is some potential there (Rhaenyras oldest, for example).

That's a fair criticism. I think Daemon is a likable character as well - or at least interesting. I'm hoping the younger generation can take more focus in upcoming episodes, because I think there is some potential there (Rhaenyras oldest, for example).
Young Rhaenyra was easily the best character in the show. They made older Rhaenyra much more dull and drab. Not sure if it's the actors or what.

Young Rhaenyra was easily the best character in the show. They made older Rhaenyra much more dull and drab. Not sure if it's the actors or what.

Yeah, she’s very burdened by it all, which makes sense, but is also not a lot of fun. If you compare to GoT, there was something very likable about Ned Stark, even if he was also very serious. We got to see a bit more of his fun side with Bobby B, and his love for his family. There isn’t a lot of that going on for Rhaenyra.

Feel like they've changed the make-up this season. She looked a lot more similar to the younger version in Episode 2

Yeah, she’s very burdened by it all, which makes sense, but is also not a lot of fun. If you compare to GoT, there was something very likable about Ned Stark, even if he was also very serious. We got to see a bit more of his fun side with Bobby B, and his love for his family. There isn’t a lot of that going on for Rhaenyra.
God's the characters were strong then

Targaryey inbreeding makes a tough task of concluding who's whose what.
When you're using the term "Sisterwife" you know things are dodgy.
Helaena is likeable, even if she's mostly a background character whose purpose is to suffer.

Same guy. Just an update of how much he's rotted so far.

Feel like they've changed the make-up this season. She looked a lot more similar to the younger version in Episode 2
It's not really about the looks, she's just boring, I think it's probably the actors, I dunno.

Like, who am I actually supposed to root for? I kinda want Aegon to win cause he's a bit of a laugh and hilariously petulant, I guess?

It's not really about the looks, she's just boring, I think it's probably the actors, I dunno.

Like, who am I actually supposed to root for? I kinda want Aegon to win cause he's a bit of a laugh and hilariously petulant, I guess?

Oh I know. Was just something I noted as the difference felt stark after the jump in S1.

Otto Hightower is a decently layered character that would fit the mold, I'd say.