Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

I don’t know how some people put this put this on the same level as RoP. This has been excellent.

Yeah was a bit more of a ‘setup’ episode (I hate the term filler) but still very watchable. Aegon is good yeah. I dislike the white worm actress as I think she’s so wooden but she was ok in this ep. Rhys Ifans is great.

Thought it might’ve been cool to carry on that which twin thing once one was dead. And he would have to try and convince them he’s the right one. That could’ve been an interesting quandary.

Wouldn't it be very easy to sort out?

Thought it might’ve been cool to carry on that which twin thing once one was dead. And he would have to try and convince them he’s the right one. That could’ve been an interesting quandary.

I was thinking about what they might do during the fight. If one survived they’d pretty much have to imprison or banish him, I guess. But perhaps it would also be a bit unbelievable that there wouldn’t be a single distinguishing factor in their appearance, clothing or anything.

I was thinking about what they might do during the fight. If one survived they’d pretty much have to imprison or banish him, I guess. But perhaps it would also be a bit unbelievable that there wouldn’t be a single distinguishing factor in their appearance, clothing or anything.

Or just ask him what their last conversation was.

Yeah was a bit more of a ‘setup’ episode (I hate the term filler) but still very watchable. Aegon is good yeah. I dislike the white worm actress as I think she’s so wooden but she was ok in this ep. Rhys Ifans is great.

None of that was filler, think it was subtly a very good episode.

Or just ask him what their last conversation was.

None of that was filler, think it was subtly a very good episode.

I never said it was and made a specific point of not doing that because I hate when people use it to describe anything that isn’t action.

I was thinking they would end up killing the good one regardless...as is the GoT way. Did he off himself just because of his grief at killing his brother then?

Says a lot that you can order the brutal execution of an infant and still not be the biggest cnut in this show. Cristin Cole has got it on lock.

The actor playing Aegon is great. He's a little shit but you can't help but kind of like him.

Agreed. He didn't even want to be king. His grandad basically put him on the throne. If him and Rhaenyra just had a 5 minute conversation together in a room the whole conflict would be over (at least if the conversation was back in S1).

I don’t know how some people put this put this on the same level as RoP. This has been excellent.

That's mad. At worst, this show is just good. At best, ROP is average.

I was thinking they would end up killing the good one regardless...as is the GoT way. Did he off himself just because of his grief at killing his brother then?

Says a lot that you can order the brutal execution of an infant and still not be the biggest cnut in this show. Cristin Cole has got it on lock.

Shit Harrington.

Okay there have been little scenes that are leading me too think that there is going to be something deeper going on.
Aemond finding the coin was an oh shit moment that should have led to find the murders, but the guy walks out the gate with the head in a sack and spills all making the coin irrelevant. The White Worm walking past Arryk should have led to a trap being set, and a trust forming between her and Rhaenyra.
I'm loving it but it does seem like they are setting up something clever just to have people stumble into the answer unwittingly.

Okay there have been little scenes that are leading me too think that there is going to be something deeper going on.
Aemond finding the coin was an oh shit moment that should have led to find the murders, but the guy walks out the gate with the head in a sack and spills all making the coin irrelevant. The White Worm walking past Arryk should have led to a trap being set, and a trust forming between her and Rhaenyra.
I'm loving it but it does seem like they are setting up something clever just to have people stumble into the answer unwittingly.

In hindsight it seems incredibly dumb to be caught with the head in a bag. It's not like he needed proof that they got the job done (sort of), because the greens so willingly spread the news as propaganda.

Don't you love how he's being painted as a sad little victim?

I was catching up with last years "gems" and my god, it feels great when you remind yourself how it feels when someone actually puts effort into movie or show you're watching. it will never be as good as early GoT, but after torturing myself with Oppenheimer, Poor Things, Maestro and Killers of the Flower Moon in the last two weeks and even trying The Acolyte, as far as I'm concerned, this is the best thing around atm. I almost forgot how it is to watch something without checking Wan Bissaka for sale thread in the same time. it's so great it's finally back.
Interesting opinion If you think Oppenheimer didn't have effort put in.

Solid episode. The Otto-Aegon scene was really well done.

Things are moving along nicely, but I'm still a bit concerned they'll find a way to feck up the plot/pacing with it being an 8 episode season.

First two episodes have been very good.

Cristin is a gigantic piece of shit.

Aegon’s actor is great, as noted above. He’s sort of like if Joffrey had a lovable side.

I didn't like Otto last season, can't remember why maybe I thought he was too scheming. Now I feel sorry for him, he's surrounded by morons

Bit formulaic having a new (old?) Geoffrey and a new Tywin. With a couple of ancillaries. I guess they wanted people to feel it similar to GoT in some aspects.

Bit formulaic having a new (old?) Geoffrey and a new Tywin. With a couple of ancillaries. I guess they wanted people to feel it similar to GoT in some aspects.
There's only so many traits and goals a character can have. It seems logical that a father like Otto will be obsessed with family legacy much like Tywin. They are different enough for me not to feel like a rip off. Also Aegon so far is nowhere as evil as Jofferey. He's a bit of a shit but doesn't get off on torturing people (so far)

There's only so many traits and goals a character can have. It seems logical that a father like Otto will be obsessed with family legacy much like Tywin. They are different enough for me not to feel like a rip off. Also Aegon so far is nowhere as evil as Jofferey. He's a bit of a shit but doesn't get off on torturing people (so far)
Did you watch the last ep? I think he's getting there.

Are we to assume that the white worm did spill the beans when she saw Arryk? Was that supposed to be implied that she'd gone to warn them? Or was that scene pointless

Are we to assume that the white worm did spill the beans when she saw Arryk? Was that supposed to be implied that she'd gone to warn them? Or was that scene pointless

I mean, he barged into Rhaenyra's room as if he was looking for him, and there was nothing prior that set the alarm off, so I'd imagine she gave the tip off

Can't bother spoilering it so I'll mention to pay attention that a bunch of guards came into the room near the end of that scene.