Television House of the Dragon (GoT Prequel) - No book spoilers allowed

Good episode.

Shock alicent realises she was utterly wrong and the cause of this whole mess and doesnt care. She didn't once stop to think, hang on, this 300 year old man has been saying it's his daughter for centuries now, but he changed his mind on the shot clock, game 7 to my son and that's not weird? Silly.

I haven't dipped into this thread before, and I haven't seen any of this show. So questions for those of you who are fans: how does this compare to the good seasons of GoT? Is it getting better as it goes along, or are they running out of material?

I haven't dipped into this thread before, and I haven't seen any of this show. So questions for those of you who are fans: how does this compare to the good seasons of GoT? Is it getting better as it goes along, or are they running out of material?

I don’t think it’s reached those heights yet but it’s still very good on its own merit.

Not good enough. The showrunners took the baffling decision to rewrite the story in their own image. Because the source material is been told as a fake history book by 3 different "witnesses" the show has the claim to be the "real" story, what really happened. So most of the key events are altered and toned down in this image and it sort of kills the excitement of the whole Dance of the Dragons..

Personally think the show has more consistent high quality without reaching the highest of highs of game of thrones, though shit goes down in the last couple of episodes in season 1.

It's excellent and should watch.

Not good enough. The showrunners took the baffling decision to rewrite the story in their own image. Because the source material is been told as a fake history book by 3 different "witnesses" the show has the claim to be the "real" story, what really happened. So most of the key events are altered and toned down in this image and it sort of kills the excitement of the whole Dance of the Dragons..
Hard disagree. You just don't like it because they've made changes from the books and you don't like that, it's a fantastic show in its own right and I know many book readers who love it.

It scratches the game of thrones itch and they can't run out of material because thankfully this story is already fully told :lol:

It’s solid entertainment even if not hitting the heights of peak GoT. They nailed much of the key casting who is now really hitting their stride in the shoes of their characters and have a better writing room than certain other fantasy shows so it is getting better.

The common criticisms are valid enough I guess but it’s still really good.

Did it annoy anyone else in episode 2 that your man killed himself?

Would’ve been a great move for them to act as though his brother had been successful and had him return to Kings Landing the hero, only to kill Aegon instead.

Did it annoy anyone else in episode 2 that your man killed himself?

Would’ve been a great move for them to act as though his brother had been successful and had him return to Kings Landing the hero, only to kill Aegon instead.

No way he would have done that. Maybe not even if he was ordered to, which he probably wouldn't be.

I thought maybe that spooky chick at Harrenhal would become a love interest of Daemon but she's not silver haired or related to him so probably not

I despise Alicent & Cole. Hope they get what they deserve.

Felt the whole conversation in the Sept at the end was pointless and was not really needed. Rhaenyra didnt need to know Alicent thought Viserys was talking about her Aegon.

I'm enjoying it and it looks like it is building towards some serious dragon action. My biggest criticism is that it is all a bit too po-faced. We need some characters like Tyrion and Bronn to bring some light to the shade.

Felt the whole conversation in the Sept at the end was pointless and was not really needed. Rhaenyra didnt need to know Alicent thought Viserys was talking about her Aegon.
Its the other way around? It's about alicent realizing she was wrong all this time but does nothing about it.

I'm enjoying it and it looks like it is building towards some serious dragon action. My biggest criticism is that it is all a bit too po-faced. We need some characters like Tyrion and Bronn to bring some light to the shade.

Are you missing the constant cock jokes from Season 5-8 of Game of Thrones?

I agree. I'm not sure if that revelation will be used later in the story, but it didn't need to be clarified between the two of them. Especially because it wasn't even that decisive in terms of the Greens wanted to place Aegon on the throne - Otto had planned that regardless.

I think surely that has an impact going forward. Alicent now knows deep down this was all started on a misunderstanding (and it may sway her in future), and Rhaenyra will now feel even more emboldened knowing for sure the throne is rightfully hers.

This is set in129-131AC, while Robert's Rebellion happens in 282-283AC so about 150 years which is coincidentally when the next book will be released.
Aha, upcoming Knight of the Seven kingdoms goes on after the House of Dragon?

Its the other way around? It's about alicent realizing she was wrong all this time but does nothing about it.

Yeah could be. Either way its not needed in that sceanario either, the Dance of the Dragons is better story wise imo as both sides believed they were right and justified. Alicent knowing she misunderstood Viserys dying words and doing nothing takes away.

Yeah could be. Either way its not needed in that sceanario either, the Dance of the Dragons is better story wise imo as both sides believed they were right and justified. Alicent knowing she misunderstood Viserys dying words and doing nothing takes away.
So you're coming into this with the book on your mind?

Bloody book readers.