Gaming Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)

There was some controversy on reddit yesterday as the detail of Aloy's face means she has peach fuzz.

The usual dick heads, likely from r/TLOU2, obviously couldn't hack that. The usual "woke agenda" bullshit was posted. My guess is those pricks have gone on another crusade to review bomb it.

That's amusing.

Most of the critics rate it highly which is what matters. I'm assuming it's the user score that people bomb?

There was some controversy on reddit yesterday as the detail of Aloy's face means she has peach fuzz.

The usual dick heads, likely from r/TLOU2, obviously couldn't hack that. The usual "woke agenda" bullshit was posted. My guess is those pricks have gone on another crusade to review bomb it.

What a bunch of little incels :lol:

Anybody playing on PS4 Pro?

An hour ago my entire Monday and Tuesday freed up. Do I just go for it or will I regret not waiting for PS5?

Ah sound, managed to go about half hour - 45 mins without saving and died underwater. feck swimming in any game ever. It's shit.

Climbing high shit, companions... "She's so high up" ... "Don't fall Aloy!" ... Anyone want to guess what I did next?

The neckbeards are hilarious :lol:

There should be a site to verify if you've bought a game, only then you can review it. Maybe cross reference with psn / steam / Xbox live to check you've got atleast a couple hours playtime on the game before submitting reviews.

Wouldn't stop it completely, but atleast you'd not be able to review bomb something you hadn't played.
That would be the best way to do it. It's ridiculous that you can post a review without even having played the game. It should be pretty simple to link your PSN/XBL/Steam to Metacritic, so it can cross reference your trophies/achievements on the game. When there is proof you own the game and have played it, you can leave a review.

Wait, Aloy has facial hair??

After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.

Made the stupid mistake of clearing the map without progressing any of the story and half the stuff is inaccessible as I don’t have the tools unlocked, nice giant waste of time :lol:

I’m enjoying the combat where you can link the grapple to glide to strike from above.

Made the stupid mistake of clearing the map without progressing any of the story and half the stuff is inaccessible as I don’t have the tools unlocked, nice giant waste of time :lol:

I’m enjoying the combat where you can link the grapple to glide to strike from above.

Yeah, I realised as soon as you needed the grapple to open stuff there would be more, so doing story, then clearing little areas surrounding it, then back to story :lol:

Anybody playing on PS4 Pro?

An hour ago my entire Monday and Tuesday freed up. Do I just go for it or will I regret not waiting for PS5?
Asking the important questions

I'm still using the basic bow, and the sharpshot one, not bothered buying and new ones yet. Getting to the point nothing is tearing off machines now though.

Wait, Aloy has facial hair??

After reading the spoilers, leaker actually saved me some money, cheers, I am skipping this, not going to be even close to the quality of the original. Plus all the agenda pushing in it...bloody hell.

:lol:

Forgot how good the cauldrons are, one of the coolest things in the game.

Really enjoying it so far.

They've made quite a lot of changes and improvements. The glider for me is a big plus, love yeeting it off the side of mountains or tallnecks and being able to go where you want.

The facial and character animations are insane, probably the best I've seen in a game. Makes a big difference compared to the first where characters felt a bit static and lifeless at times when talking to them.

I'm still in the first open area, but enjoying it more and more now as I unlock more. it's a shame they had to go and spoon feed shit so slowly at the start but such is the nature of AAA games I guess. Mounts still feel a bit crap compared to running around and I'm not gone on the swimming mechanic, oh and yeah Aloy basically voice guiding you the whole time can be irritating, but those are minor quibbles. I like some of the new combat features like the valor thing and special attacks.

Just made it into the real open world & absolutely loving it. Only annoyance is I'll go wandering off searching for stuff & then get told I can't explore here yet because I don't have special gear to get through the blocked path :(

Really enjoying it so far.

They've made quite a lot of changes and improvements. The glider for me is a big plus, love yeeting it off the side of mountains or tallnecks and being able to go where you want.
Gliders should be mandatory in all open world games!

Do head shots not one shot humans?
Some of them wear helmets or masks so you need to shoot them multiple times or shoot them in the back of the head if they're wearing a mask. Just had an entire base alerted because the person I was shooting an arrow at turned his head at the last second so the arrow hit his mask and I couldn't get a second shot in time as I was using the precision bow and/or I suck. Fun times.

Some of them wear helmets or masks so you need to shoot them multiple times or shoot them in the back of the head if they're wearing a mask. Just had an entire base alerted because the person I was shooting an arrow at turned his head at the last second so the arrow hit his mask and I couldn't get a second shot in time as I was using the precision bow and/or I suck. Fun times.
I've only really started to come across human enemies at the 10 hour mark. How are you finding the human AI? They were a notable weak point in the first Horizon I seem to remember

I've only really started to come across human enemies at the 10 hour mark. How are you finding the human AI? They were a notable weak point in the first Horizon I seem to remember
I think there has been some improvement, seems to be less corpse blindness and the searches are a little more of a threat but they still just go back to the regular patrols after a minute or two and it's still a bit too easy to just hide and lure people into the bushes for a quick stab.

The difficulty in this one is higher than the first game. I'm not complaining as it seems a better planned approach to combat.

Haven't even got into it with any humans yet :confused:

Yeah, it's not that common so far, I thought the tenakth were gonna be a lot more in your face, I'm not even sure I've seen any of three factions yet :lol: think I'm 20 hours in too.

Do head shots not one shot humans?

They're all wearing superhuman masks, takes a shit ton of body shots. They have a knack of moving just as you fire for a headshot. Same as machines tbh, line up the perfect shot and they move just in time.

Speed of the machines is ridiculous, all of them have super speedy jump attacks, once you've got 3-4 to deal with, they'll all just jump attack one after the other.

Also, had a huge machine constantly jumping on me at super speed. Feels ridiculous. Starting to piss me off.

Also how many different arrow / trap / bomb types you need is out of hand, they've all been made so you got one good elements together with a useless element on each weapon so need to swap out more often.

Dont really get the machine weakness ATM, when you highlight parts they never show a weakness unless it's a canister. Does the machine weakness just mean all parts are weak to that element. You don't really have enough time to try stuff out with their speed :lol:

Although all I appear to do is complain, I am enjoying the game, I reckon I've probably uncovered around 25% of the map now. Only done 2 tallnecks.

The difficulty in this one is higher than the first game. I'm not complaining as it seems a better planned approach to combat.

See, I find it harder, but in a cheaty kind of way. Super speed jump attacks you can barely dodge, machines constantly moving just as you take the perfect shot. Parts which need 20 arrows to tear off, by which time the machine is nearly dead anyway so waste if time tearing the part off unless you wanted the resources.

Just feels as though they've forced the difficulty with stupid methods.

I've noticed the machines have levels now? Or is that a level for that machine type?

13 Watcher
20 red-eye watcher

Like that? All watchers lvl 13 and all red eyes level 20?

It's REALLY annoying when you shoot off a rare upgrade resource from a tough machine in a story quest fight - and then a cutscene comes and takes the thing away from you. Aaaargh.

See, I find it harder, but in a cheaty kind of way. Super speed jump attacks you can barely dodge, machines constantly moving just as you take the perfect shot. Parts which need 20 arrows to tear off, by which time the machine is nearly dead anyway so waste if time tearing the part off unless you wanted the resources.

Just feels as though they've forced the difficulty with stupid methods.

I've noticed the machines have levels now? Or is that a level for that machine type?

13 Watcher
20 red-eye watcher

Like that? All watchers lvl 13 and all red eyes level 20?
The machines always had levels. It's fixed for each type I believe.

I think there has been some improvement, seems to be less corpse blindness and the searches are a little more of a threat but they still just go back to the regular patrols after a minute or two and it's still a bit too easy to just hide and lure people into the bushes for a quick stab.
I put my first 6 or 7 skill points in melee so I'm hoping to go in like Donnie Yen first chance I get to go at it against humans.

Yeah, it's not that common so far, I thought the tenakth were gonna be a lot more in your face, I'm not even sure I've seen any of three factions yet :lol: think I'm 20 hours in too.

They're all wearing superhuman masks, takes a shit ton of body shots. They have a knack of moving just as you fire for a headshot. Same as machines tbh, line up the perfect shot and they move just in time.

Speed of the machines is ridiculous, all of them have super speedy jump attacks, once you've got 3-4 to deal with, they'll all just jump attack one after the other.

Also, had a huge machine constantly jumping on me at super speed. Feels ridiculous. Starting to piss me off.

Also how many different arrow / trap / bomb types you need is out of hand, they've all been made so you got one good elements together with a useless element on each weapon so need to swap out more often.

Dont really get the machine weakness ATM, when you highlight parts they never show a weakness unless it's a canister. Does the machine weakness just mean all parts are weak to that element. You don't really have enough time to try stuff out with their speed :lol:

Although all I appear to do is complain, I am enjoying the game, I reckon I've probably uncovered around 25% of the map now. Only done 2 tallnecks.

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the combat as well, so much so I knocked the difficulty down :nervous:

I'm feeling overwhelmed by the combat as well, so much so I knocked the difficulty down :nervous:

I think by end game we will be pretty much destroying stuff at a good rate. Just early game there is so much and so many new enemies. All their weak points seem tiny too :lol:

If you're struggling with the combat try adjusting some of your settings in the accessibility menu.

I'd recommend adjusting the aim assist and make setting the weapon wheel timer to slowest.

If you're struggling with the combat try adjusting some of your settings in the accessibility menu.

I'd recommend adjusting the aim assist and make setting the weapon wheel timer to slowest.
any idea how the aim assist works? I mean, does it just aim for bodies of the machines. Would be a pretty hard thing to get right in this because everything is fine margins. Wonder if it locks to parts you "tag"