Gaming Horizon Forbidden West (PS4/PS5)

Amazon had a re-stock of the PS5 today and I managed to get one. Also bought the PS4 version of this game. How does the free upgrade to the PS5 version work? Do you have to go to the online store to download it or will it prompt you when you insert the disc?

Amazon had a re-stock of the PS5 today and I managed to get one. Also bought the PS4 version of this game. How does the free upgrade to the PS5 version work? Do you have to go to the online store to download it or will it prompt you when you insert the disc?
The second one.

It downloads the digital version in full, though, so around 97gb or something.

30% of the way through and already getting sad at the thought of it ending. Always hate completing games because I want more more more!

@TheReligion

Started this yesterday evening and ended up staying up half the night. One of those games.

Even better than the first one thus far - Feel the characters have a lot more personality.

As much as I'm loving the game, I agree with others about her monologue the whole time. What's the point in giving me a puzzle to figure out if you're going to tell me exactly what I need to do?

As much as I'm loving the game, I agree with others about her monologue the whole time. What's the point in giving me a puzzle to figure out if you're going to tell me exactly what I need to do?

You should be able to turn this off. It's strange because they've given us so much more flexibility in the settings to tweak stuff. You'd think this would've been an easy one.

You should be able to turn this off. It's strange because they've given us so much more flexibility in the settings to tweak stuff. You'd think this would've been an easy one.
I've literally tuned it out, I barely notice it. Never bothered me in ZD either though so maybe that stuff doesn't affect me.

One of those games.
Yup. It's hard putting it down when you know you gotta get some sleep so you aren't a zombie at work the next day...

I'm presuming later on in the main quest you get some sort of swimming aid as i've found plenty of underwater places but can't swim long enough for them.

should be able to get this game finished by the end of the week just in time for elden ring.

I've literally tuned it out, I barely notice it. Never bothered me in ZD either though so maybe that stuff doesn't affect me.

It's only annoyed me a couple of times to be fair, when she's told me how to solve something I would've preferred to have worked out on my own. Definitely not a big issue.

I'm presuming later on in the main quest you get some sort of swimming aid as i've found plenty of underwater places but can't swim long enough for them.

should be able to get this game finished by the end of the week just in time for elden ring.

Yeah I came to the same conclusion after almost drowning myself in that Sunken Cave place!

Yeah that would be great. Its not ruining my experience or anything, it just gets kind of annoying.

Agreed for me personally I absolutely love the feature because I find puzzles annoying and I feel like I can somewhat understand a character talking to themselves in that manor, it’s realistic to me. That being said for those that don’t want it on then it should be an option.

That’s impressive it’s a massive game!

I envy you i have to slog through a single game until i play another just been like that forever :D
I think with single player games that is the best way, I just okay a lot of fifa as well so I always go back to that for afew games.

Playing this on an OLED in resolution mode on PS5 and holy fcuk is it gorgeous.

The tutorial level was kinda noisy, visually, and I wasnt impressed by the overall image quality but once you get to the Daunt it really shines.

Wish HDR wasnt so finicky. Seems impossible to find the correct values.

Agreed for me personally I absolutely love the feature because I find puzzles annoying and I feel like I can somewhat understand a character talking to themselves in that manor, it’s realistic to me. That being said for those that don’t want it on then it should be an option.
I do it all the time :nervous:

On another note, I'm really digging the melee improvements so far ...

The weakest part of the game is dodging whereas a sekiro/dark souls it feels like there’s a skill or a technique to avoiding getting hit.

Horizon you feel cheated constantly that you did dodge or it is just impossible to avoid, it’s not a big issue as you end up with such a huge amount of heals but that’s the biggest flaw for me

The weakest part of the game is dodging whereas a sekiro/dark souls it feels like there’s a skill or a technique to avoiding getting hit.

Horizon you feel cheated constantly that you did dodge or it is just impossible to avoid, it’s not a big issue as you end up with such a huge amount of heals but that’s the biggest flaw for me
Yeh I’d like that to feel a little tighter overall. It’s slightly less of an issue because you are often fighting at range but I’d love more options to fight hand to hand and feel like I have minute control on my character.

Just spam dodge? I'm not getting hit unfairly, when I get hit it's my fault. Or does it get much harder and cheap later on?

Fair play to Guerrila, seems whenever a Horizon game is released it directly coincides with an all time great open world game :lol:

I'm doing a level 20 story quest but I'm already level 27. And it's not like I've been in full tryhard completionist mode: I'm just exploring around the world, murdering machines and climbing mountains.

I'll have to ignore side quests to avoid becoming massively overlevelled :(

I'm doing a level 20 story quest but I'm already level 27. And it's not like I've been in full tryhard completionist mode: I'm just exploring around the world, murdering machines and climbing mountains.

I'll have to ignore side quests to avoid becoming massively overlevelled :(
Why not just up the difficulty to match?

Mostly because the bigger machines are already quite tanky and I'm worried that fights would become a bit tedious.
In zero dawn I didn't find the bigger robots more tanky. I found them more aggressive, relentless. You kind of had to be sneaky in the beginning but at a point I was playing more aggressive too. Plan to play hardest difficulty on new game+ as to me, ultra hard is the best way to play that game.

I plan to do the same with this...

Anyone going to go for the platinum in this?
Not for me this time. Hoping to finish before Elden Ring but there's so much talking in this game compared to the original :lol: It's starting to make Vampyr and MGS look laconic.

Machine Strike is really fun.
Yes, though I'd suggest a couple of changes. Most importantly, allow me to check what piece the opponent put on the board before having to put down one of my own. To me, they are nowhere near distinguishable enough to tell which piece is which and even if I could tell them apart at a glance, I don't remember their capabilities off the top of my head.

If there is a way and I'm too stupid to have noticed then let me know. I know I can check the opponent's set before the game starts but I'm talking about when you actually put the pieces down on the board.