6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
What? Mourinho's handling of Mkh has been absolutely disgraceful

You don't know why Mourinho handled him the way he did. People thought he was just making an example out of him like some deranged lunatic, yet here he is, back playing well, looking fitter and more confident and Mourinho is singing his praises. That pretty much puts to bed any of the shite from posters on here that thought Jose just had it in for him.

Credit to Mourinho for sorting him out.
To be honest it was his one and only start since September or however many matches, so credit to Miki for not melting, being too rusty and taking his chance in very adverse circumstances. If he had played a lot e.g. when Ozil 1st came, then I would agree, but the fact that he has spent the last 2 months in the stands, we just don't know what he could have brought to the team

You don't know why Mourinho handled him the way he did. People thought he was just making an example out of him like some deranged lunatic, yet here he is, back playing well, looking fitter and more confident and Mourinho is singing his praises. That pretty much puts to bed any of the shite from posters on here that thought Jose just had it in for him.
When you say looked more confident, compared to what? Are you saying that yesterday, he looked more confident than when you saw him eating his chow mein in wings restaurant? or does he look fitter than when you saw him walking to Asda? because personally, I haven't seen nearly enough of him kicking a ball to suggest he has improved in all these areas. I just saw him in the stands since the "half of football" vs Man City and common sense dictates that a half of football is pretty meaningless. Many great players have had shite halves of football, even Zlatan.

It's almost as if Mourinho knows how to manage the player he sees in training almost constantly. I mean, don't the fans always know what's going on behind the scenes.

:lol: Really? protecting a player not ready for PL football and bringing him back at the right time, fitter, stronger, more confident? The football/management brains of some on this forum is beyond belief...Jose would have you down as one of the Einsteins.
Think you're buying into what Mourinho said too much. Mourinho is overly cautious with players like him and has been at previous clubs. Other managers would throw him in from the start and he would probably be fine.

It's almost as if Mourinho knows how to manage the player he sees in training almost constantly. I mean, don't the fans always know what's going on behind the scenes.

:lol: Really? protecting a player not ready for PL football and bringing him back at the right time, fitter, stronger, more confident? The football/management brains of some on this forum is beyond belief...Jose would have you down as one of the Einsteins.
To be honest, I knew this would be the reaction. It was a win win for Jose. Miki plays bad, "he's not ready, see?" Miki plays well "It was genius from Jose again. leaving a player in the stands for months made him a better footballer." etc etc. Fact is we will never know. Just be grateful he didn't fold

Played very well against useless opposition. Should get him minutes against proper opposition to prove his real worth. Don't forget Memphis looked like a superstar against this level, so we can't draw conclusions just yet.
This is my feeling too, you have to consider the opposition.

Think you're buying into what Mourinho said too much. Mourinho is overly cautious with players like him and has been at previous clubs. Other managers would throw him in from the start and he would probably be fine.

Other than what is being said what else can we go by?

Just guessing at anything else.

I don't care anymore anyway. he's back playing and playing well. The end of this nonsense saga is near.

This is my feeling too, you have to consider the opposition.

I do agree that the oppositon could be better however, we recently lost to this team and looked absolutely dreadful.

Regardless of opposition you can see he is outstanding and has a career in the Bundesliga to back it up

I wish we had random people on the internet in charge at United, we'd clearly be doing so much better than we are with this current clown running the show. I mean, the sheer arrogance of the man thinking he knows more about the player he works with every day than a bunch of people who've never met him.

Shambles.

To be honest, I knew this would be the reaction. It was a win win for Jose. Miki plays bad, "he's not ready, see?" Miki plays well "It was genius from Jose again. leaving a player in the stands for months made him a better footballer." etc etc. Fact is we will never know. Just be grateful he didn't fold

He was absolutely awful when he was thrown in against City - I know the team was bad, but he was an absolute liability, mentally just completely not there! No wonder Mourinho was cautious - anybody would be after that performance!

And this idea a player not in the starting line up is doing nothing but be segregated behind the scenes is ridiculous, he'd have been working hard with the coaching team to get ready to return.

According to a poster on the Red Issue forum (partytown, who works at Carrington, and has given good information on different things in the past), he had a falling out with someone and according to what partytown was told, Henrikh was totally justified. He said the problems hadn't anything to do with his mental state or anything to do with him.

Thought he played well considering how little football he played since he arrived at UTD.

For me he looked a little bit rusty in his decision making, but I think thats down to lack of playing time, but he was showing glimpses of genuine top class talent.

Can totally understand why people were raving about him when he first signed. Hopefully he can get a good run in the team, find some real form and be the catalyst to turn the season around...seemed to bring the best out of Rooney last night too!

Just a question to those who seen a lot of him at Dortmund. Was his performance last night typical of what we can expect from his style of play, or was that an above/below average performance from him?

I wish we had random people on the internet in charge at United, we'd clearly be doing so much better than we are with this current clown running the show. I mean, the sheer arrogance of the man thinking he knows more about the player he works with every day than a bunch of people who've never met him.

Shambles.
Kevin De Bruyne. Jose seemed to know so much about him, that he swiftly left to become the best player in Germany after getting no airtime.

He was absolutely awful when he was thrown in against City - I know the team was bad, but he was an absolute liability, mentally just completely not there! No wonder Mourinho was cautious - anybody would be after that performance!

And this idea a player not in the starting line up is doing nothing but be segregated behind the scenes is ridiculous, he'd have been working hard with the coaching team to get ready to return.
Maybe, just maybe he was carrying an injury which subsequently got aggravated.......A complete lack of involvement for such an extended period is unusual

Exciting performances. Showed glimpses of the player who last season had 23 goals and 32 assists in all competitions. Time for him to catch fire.

Just a question to those who seen a lot of him at Dortmund. Was his performance last night typical of what we can expect from his style of play, or was that an above/below average performance from him?

I watched him a lot at Dortmund as I watch Dortmund most weeks i would say it was similar enough to his Average performances at Dortmund. but he is capable of so much more, and as he starts getting on the same wave length as the rest as I said yesterday could very well be the missing Piece of the jigsaw. For me this team is only beginning to click into place and Mkhi will be a huge part of the second part of the season. its nice to be excited about United again.

Let's not forget Filipe Luis either. Even Salah is probably the best winger in the Serie A nowadays.

Mourinho does have previous for mismanging good players recently, so it's not just a case of armchair fans piping up and not seeing the full picture. Like a lot of things fans complain about, it's probably a nuanced balance between both spectrums.

Kevin De Bruyne. Jose seemed to know so much about him, that he swiftly left to become the best player in Germany after getting no airtime.
So now we just work on the assumption that he gets everything wrong?

Brilliant.

I watched him a lot at Dortmund as I watch Dortmund most weeks i would say it was similar enough to his Average performances at Dortmund. but he is capable of so much more, and as he starts getting on the same wave length as the rest as I said yesterday could very well be the missing Piece of the jigsaw. For me this team is only beginning to click into place and Mkhi will be a huge part of the second part of the season. its nice to be excited about United again.
If that is his average Im very excited to see what he can really do once he gets going. As you say exciting times ahead.

I'm not having that. He was great in pre-season, looked fine in his cameos before and was actually very good against Hull.

Lingard played just as badly as Mkhitaryan in that game (and some others too, as you mentioned) but none of them ended up on the sidelines for weeks. There's definitely more to the story than the fitness and mentality stuff Mourinho fed to the media but I'm just happy he's getting game time again.

Shambles.

I get where you're coming from but I still find it hard to believe that leaving him out of the team for two months after one bad first half was the best way to manage him. It just feels like we wasted a lot of time.

I get where you're coming from but I still find it hard to believe that leaving him out of the team for two months after one bad first half was the best way to manage him. It just feels like we wasted a lot of time.

It protects the player, both their confidence and also from critics.

Decent performance last night. Some moments of brilliance some lapses of concentration. He'll be able to build on that more than his earlier appearances

The reaction on here does go between extremes at times. I thought he started off well in the first half and faded really badly towards the end of the first half, giving the ball away a few times. I was actually concerned that Mourinho was going to sub him at half time, but fortunately in the end he did not.

In the second half he really stepped it up and produced some special moments. The dribble in particular was Messi-like. Overall a good, promising performance from him, but not anything to get hysterical about. I hope he is able to push on from here. Mourinho's comments post match seem to indicate that he has not yet got complete trust in him for the Premier League matches.

Hard for us to argue with Jose methods when we have seen his results (3 champions leagues) plus he has the full picture where we are guessing. In Jose I trust in this case!

Not seen a player zip around the pitch like that for us for a while... He can only get better from here on in.

I'm not having that. He was great in pre-season, looked fine in his cameos before and was actually very good against Hull.

Lingard played just as badly as Mkhitaryan in that game (and some others too, as you mentioned) but none of them ended up on the sidelines for weeks. There's definitely more to the story than the fitness and mentality stuff Mourinho fed to the media but I'm just happy he's getting game time again.

Well something obviously happened to stop him playing, whether that be an injury or a management decision. I don't believe the blame lies with Mourinho though - particularly as the player is back looking more motivated than before.

I noticed this too. There were a few moments when Mhiki made decent movement down the left but was completely ignored by Shaw.
I'm getting the feeling that no one looks good on the left wing with Shaw behind them. An attacking left back looks a likely acquisition at this point.

It protects the player, both their confidence and also from critics.

Decent performance last night. Some moments of brilliance some lapses of concentration. He'll be able to build on that more than his earlier appearances
Protecting a player is the biggest load of bull I have seen in my life. The guy is a 27 year old, multiple captain, international footballer earning 100k per week. Why should an experienced pro need protection from the job he is paid to do? Critics is part of football. silencing critics is only done on the football pitch

Well something obviously happened to stop him playing, whether that be an injury or a management decision. I don't believe the blame lies with Mourinho though - particularly as the player is back looking more motivated than before.
More motivated than when though? when he was flicking through the match day program in the stands?

I can't believe some people are saying yesterday's performance vindicates Mourinho and dismissing the possibility he has badly mismanaged him.

Glad for Mkhi but, Mourinho's comment about him needing to replicate the performance in the premier league is perplexing because how is he supposed to when he can't even get on the bench for most premier league games. He's got to at least start getting him involved in them so he can in fact get used to the difference. Not going to be able to do that from the stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.