View full 2016-17 profile

6.2 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.
Will he start against West Ham? I wouldn't think so if he played 90 but as he was subbed, perhaps. It will be interesting to see how he does. I think it'll be a far harder game for him, he will get kicked a lot.

Mkhi was off balance as he dodged the first defender. Can see why the ref didn't give it as it would have been a red and realistically he fell because of his own fault rather than the touch.
I disagree. There was a nice replay where you can see hes being held by two sets of hands then pushed from the back. He wouldve stayed up had he not been pushed from the back. it was a 100% yellow, not red, there was another defender to back him up. but i can see why ref made a mistake, looked like a dive because he was off balance.

It's quite funny reading reading through a page or two of psychoanalysis and people saying he's not fit enough after the first half. Just goes to show how long it takes some people on here to form their opinion on a player.

Highlight of the night actually seeing some of his close control. He's like Mata but with a physique
I would say that Mata has a better shooting technique and a bit better on placing a pass. Miki has a stronger shot, faster, better presser and space creator. These two can complement each other a lot on the pitch.

Sometimes, he gets carried away. Look at that run, Ibra was open on the right. There was no need to take on the last defender. But, I'm happy for now:)

Really glad he did great yesterday. Yeah, Feyenoord were awful and you can't draw serious conclusions from a game against a Dutch side at Old Trafford, but he basically took his chance with both hands and should be in contention for a starting place against West Ham on Sunday.

It was very important to play well, otherwise he'd have probably spent another month or two on the sidelines.

There was a 5-10 minute period in the middle of the first half when he lost concentration and made a few unforced mistakes, but he shaked it off and was fantastic after the break. Let's hope he gains some confidence from this performances and finally establishes himself in the starting eleven.

He and Mata will be like Kawasaki and Mata under Moyes, but better of course.

Back to your cell Henrikh. Recreational time is over.
:lol:

I think he'll get some minutes against West Ham, even if he doesn't start. Not even Mourinho can ignore tonight's performance.

Maybe... just maybe, Jose knew what he was doing with him?

maybe he wasnt ready, mentally or physically (especially after starting that City match) and Jose challenged him and Mkhi stepped up.

Regardless, he had a good game but we know he can get better. If he can do this in tough league matches too, it will be great for United.

maybe he wasnt ready, mentally or physically (especially after starting that City match) and Jose challenged him and Mkhi stepped up.

Regardless, he had a good game but we know he can get better. If he can do this in tough league matches too, it will be great for United.

tbh I can see where you're coming from but I don't actually think this was planned from Jose, and I actually think he's handled it pretty poorly.
I'm hoping Mkhitaryan gets a solid run now, he's a great player to watch.

Played very well against useless opposition. Should get him minutes against proper opposition to prove his real worth. Don't forget Memphis looked like a superstar against this level, so we can't draw conclusions just yet.

He was very good indeed! I wish he had got his goal. Hopefully he gets the chance to build on this performance and that he takes it with both arms. Or, well, feet.

tbh I can see where you're coming from but I don't actually think this was planned from Jose, and I actually think he's handled it pretty poorly.
I'm hoping Mkhitaryan gets a solid run now, he's a great player to watch.

I dont think Mkhi being poor against City was planned. I think Jose challenging him was (he basically said he needs to get above the Lingard, Mata, etc). He hasnt just thrown him into any match, I think he was provided a platform where he can make a solid start and have a base to improve.

Regardless, he was given a chance today and Mkhi took the chance imo. I wouldnt have an issue if he doesnt start against WHU cos its 3 days away (and we got WHU in the cup next week which might be a better game for him to start). Maybe sub appearance on weekend?

he will absolutely perfect for those liverpool and arsenal attack

hope JM is patient with him

This is possible, but it's also just as possible that given the chance Mkhi would've put in this type of display months ago.

I dont think Mkhi being poor against City was planned. I think Jose challenging him was (he basically said he needs to get above the Lingard, Mata, etc). He hasnt just thrown him into any match, I think he was provided a platform where he can make a solid start and have a base to improve.

Regardless, he was given a chance today and Mkhi took the chance imo. I wouldnt have an issue if he doesnt start against WHU cos its 3 days away (and we got WHU in the cup next week which might be a better game for him to start). Maybe sub appearance on weekend?

It could be that I'm impatient, and I have heard that while he's a great professional, Mkhitaryan needs to be handled with care so maybe Jose did know what he's doing. I just don't understand why he threw Pogba, Ibra and a 22 year old Bailly right in, whereas Mkhi was forced to prove himself. Then again I do see the advantage to what you've said regarding providing a platform, you'd have to expect Mkhi to now go on a strong run of performances full of confidence like tonight, which will be great for United over the winter period.

This is possible, but it's also just as possible that given the chance Mkhi would've put in this type of display months ago.

Couple months ago was September. September we played City and he started. Erm... who knows :P

It could be that I'm impatient, and I have heard that while he's a great professional, Mkhitaryan needs to be handled with care so maybe Jose did know what he's doing. I just don't understand why he threw Pogba, Ibra and a 22 year old Bailly right in, whereas Mkhi was forced to prove himself. Then again I do see the advantage to what you've said regarding providing a platform, you'd have to expect Mkhi to now go on a strong run of performances full of confidence like tonight, which will be great for United over the winter period.

Maybe its a confidence thing? Bailly, Zlatan and Pogba give of this sense of arrogance which is brought from confidence. Possibly Mkhi was a bit more fragile. TBF, I remember Mkhi coming on against Hull (along with Rashford) which helped us win the game (and was mooted to start the next game). But then it was an international break and he picked up an injury. Maybe he wasnt truthful about his condition? Who knows?

Regardless, it seems Mkhi got some confidence as well as some love from OT which is great. I think him, Mata and Rooney linked up well behind Zlatan and interchanged really well.

Kawasaki was pretty invisible tbh

Not really. Just didn't have a sharp edge going forward, unlike at Dortmund. He was nice and tidy and helped us keep the ball ala Mata but didn't have an impact on the scoreline often enough. Hopefully Miki can continue playing a level or two above like last night.

This. Quite surprised there are people saying he hasn't taken the chance in that regard. I think he's done fine.
Not only that. People can't be patient to wait for the game to finish. Players are only as good as their last minute of play now.

He and Mata will be like Kawasaki and Mata under Moyes, but better of course.

To be honest Kamikaze Kawasaki and Mata did not complement each other well under Moyes. Kawasaki was no where to be seen. Moyes should have played Shinji Kagawa instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.