Harry Maguire | Signed

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ok bro. Just come out clean. I know opposition fans are laughing at this.
We are paying 80 million for Harry Maguire.
Yes, you read it correctly.
WE ARE PAYING 80 MILLION FOR HARRY FECKING MAGUIRE.
My Sunday is ruined.
I thought VVD for almost the same was ridiculous. It's now Jose, possibly Pep and now Ole going after the guy. Dare I say it, but they might know better than the pessimists in here.

Maguire would be our best CB by far and away, probably the best we could realistically sign. I think both this and AWB are cases where people need to see them play for us before realizing how good they actually are. We’re always overpaying anyway, the most important thing is to get the players we need.
Even though I still wish we got Issa Diop for ~55m - 60m, I'm beginning to think that this is the case. He is good on the ball and also great in the air. He has good pace when he gets going and we can pair him up with someone quick to cover him. There isnt anyone else on the market. 80m is 20m too much, but who else is there to get?

My Sunday is ruined.

My lord… way back to where you crawled out of, you wet wipe.

Thanks for confirming that you never watch us.

Isn't this literally one of the hallmarks of Pep's football philosophy?

Along with tactical fouling as soon as the opposition attempt to counter attack of course :D

The doom and gloom you're trying to push is a bit OTT.

Maguire and AWB will improve the team and there are more signings to come.

Arsenal are a basketcase and Chelsea can't sign anyone so there's every reason to be optimistic about getting top 4 next season and improving from there.

Our local paper reporting nothing has been agreed

Club want all up front with no add ons, which is what is currently being offered it seems like

Maguire would be our best CB by far and away, probably the best we could realistically sign. I think both this and AWB are cases where people need to see them play for us before realizing how good they actually are. We’re always overpaying anyway, the most important thing is to get the players we need.

The reaction to AWB from what I've seen has been overwhelmingly positive though?

The fee is ridiculous, he’s not a top class defender or even close to it but we’re desperate and our existing options are poor so there isn’t much point dwelling on the fee.

We now have to go and get a mobile DM because Maguire does get caught out of position a lot and can’t get back into position and that’s in teams that don’t play with high lines.

He isn’t VVD and the key with him being a success or not is going to be getting the right players around him to maximise his strengths and compensate for the weaknesses.

I think a lot of people have convinced themselves he isn’t good. He is.

My Sunday is ruined.
Poor you

Along with tactical fouling as soon as the opposition attempt to counter attack of course :D

Arsenal are a basketcase and Chelsea can't sign anyone so there's every reason to be optimistic about getting top 4 next season and improving from there.

Ignore the other guy, he is a clear WUM. Signing AWB has already improved us. If we sign Maguire it will improve us further. Very few people doubt this. The main aggrevation from some fans is the fee being touted, but it is what it is.

You won 2 of your last 9 games as the team gradually looked less and less cohesive with each passing week, and neither of the wins you got during that bad patch were even remotely convincing. Watford played you off the park and were unlucky to get nothing from that game. And this was after Solskjaer initially got a tune out of them - but even during that run of wins you had when he first started, all the data suggested you were heading for a bad run when the luck ran out. Lo and behold, that's exactly what happened. He'll be given until Christmas when, in truth, he should already be gone.

Nonsense. They outperformed Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in the league since he took over. He has earned a preseason and transfer window to show what he can do.

Fitness & Injuries were a major factor in the bad finish to the season last season. That's being addressed right now. He's now addressing the deficiencies in the squad. I'm more than happy with his performance as manager so far.

My Sunday is ruined.

Good, make it £100 million, surplus money will only end up going on debt, dividends, or to make the balance sheet look great at the end of the year.

£55 million for Longstaff next hopefully.

The fee is ridiculous, he’s not a top class defender or even close to it but we’re desperate and our existing options are poor so there isn’t much point dwelling on the fee.

We now have to go and get a mobile DM because Maguire does get caught out of position a lot and can’t get back into position and that’s in teams that don’t play with high lines.

He isn’t VVD and the key with him being a success or not is going to be getting the right players around him to maximise his strengths and compensate for the weaknesses.

We aren't going to replace Matic this season sadly. Probably next season - but don't be surprised to see the club renew his contract either. We may have another Young situation on our hands.

That price is insane. Concerned that while Wan-Bissaka and Maguire could be great for us, if we do flop this season people will tear us apart for spending £130m on those two alone.

My Sunday is ruined.

Diddums.

That price is insane. Concerned that while Wan-Bissaka and Maguire could be great for us, if we do flop this season people will tear us apart for spending £130m on those two alone.

People are already laughing at us. An expensive signing who flops won't make that much of a difference.

I actually fancy Leicester to challenge for top four this year, although if they lose Maguire it will be a blow for them. I doubt they will be able to replace him like for like.

My Sunday is ruined.

Relax, it's not coming out of your bank account. Fine if you don't rate him at that price but I wouldn't worry about overspending a bit on him given our pressing need for a decent CB.

Price really is irrelevant tbh.

When dunk is going for 45m that shows just how inflated everything is.

£60m is decent and the add ons will be about qualifying for the champions league and stuff. It's not that bad.

Great news. Get him in, get him integrated. For the first time in too long we will have a starting defence that is strong and be a real foundation for the team.

I am not totally pleased about getting Maquire, but he is better than any CB we have. If we are being realistic, the top experienced CB's weren't coming here and the young upcoming CB's would have needed the time we don't have to blend in. Maquire is premier league tested and should hit the ground running. He is also not injured much, which with our history of injury prone CB's is a huge plus. Under our present circumstances, I am not sure we could have done better than Maquire.

No I won't, we still need a decent DOF, oh and one or 2 midfielders. I think if Ed gets that done he will shut a lot of mouths including mine. But a DOF is essential for the future direction of the club.

All about patience my man ;) That could well follow during next season. With such a tight time frame to work getting players in, perhaps they've put it on delay for now?

I'm not convinced with Maguire but if this is what Ole wants as well so be it.

I love this signing - he's exactly what we need. A youngish international no nonsense player with hunger and desire to play for us who has come on leaps and bounds in the past 2-3 years. He'll be solid and more for us.

If this goes through then you expect to see
De Gea
AWB Lindelof Maguire Shaw

However knowing Utd we will still see this
De Gea
Young Smalling Jones Shaw

My Sunday is ruined.

Oh boohoo. Have a lollipop there’s a good boy

Status
Not open for further replies.