Height: 194cm
Position: Defender - Centre-Back
Foot: Right
Player Agents: Triple S Sports
Squad Number: #5
Contract until: Jun 30, 2025
Contract option: Option for a further year
Outfitter: Puma​

It seems he's still not fully fit, haven't seen him train with the rest of the team yet.

https://www.skysports.com/football/...d-defender-says-he-is-part-of-man-utds-future

Man Utd defender Harry Maguire to Sky Sports News: "Everything I've heard and the action I've been shown from the club, I'm part of the future and it is time to crack on and make this club successful again, challenging for the big trophies. That's what this club demands."

I guess that's the right sided of the defense sorted with Yoro and him. Hopefully, we'll get a decent back-up for Martinez.

Depressing, he should be gone. Ridiculous keeping him on that money as a back up. Got to be careful though regarding criticizing him, especially with the great season he apparently had last year.

So basically he wants to leave for free at the end of next season. What a great transfer he was

I'd be more concerned with getting Lindelof out.

If they can make that Branthwaite deal happen, you then have him and Martinez who can play left and Maguire and Yoro for the right side. I think Maguire will be good for Yoro too.

If they can make that Branthwaite deal happen, you then have him and Martinez who can play left and Maguire and Yoro for the right side. I think Maguire will be good for Yoro too.
Let me ask you a question, Between Lindelof and Maguire who's had more mistakes leading to goals?

For me Between to both Whosoever has had more should be the one to go not the other way round.

Let me ask you a question, Between Lindelof and Maguire who's had more mistakes leading to goals?

For me Between to both Whosoever has had more should be the one to go not the other way round.
But then you'd have to go into how many minutes they played etc. I'm not too fussed about that.

Watching Lindelof get outmuscled by every single opponent he faces gives me hives and he is the player I most wish to leave

Both represent a certain amount of money, money that can be invested in the squad but will be lost in 6 months time. Not to forget that we'll be paying crazy salaries on two players that aren't really very good. These sort of players are crippling our chances to top 4

Same, if push came to shove between the two.

It's sad that we're still stuck with so many players who are nowhere near the level we need. With him, Rashford, Antony and McTom seemingly clinging on forever, we can't really move forward.

It's sad that we're still stuck with so many players who are nowhere near the level we need. With him, Rashford, Antony and McTom seemingly clinging on forever, we can't really move forward.
Blame Murtough. He’s been the architect.

Yoro & Maguire for the RCB role is fine for another year.

In a perfect world you would overhaul the squad this summer, but we just need to accept it's going to take time.

If he leaves for free next year it really would be poor business on our side given how much he cost back in 2019. Perhaps club will trigger one year extension.

So basically he wants to leave for free at the end of next season. What a great transfer he was

But is getting a fee at the other end the ultimate value generation of a player ?
In theory you're paying for on pitch production that translates to tickets sold, games won, trophies, etc
We overpaid, arguably dramatically, for Our Captain, but so far while his on pitch production couldn't live up to the transfer fee (not his fault) and wages (also kind on MU) he's played ok to good for the majority of his time here, I feel ? Shows up, reasonably fit, overcame a lot of hostility and plugged holes in a terrible season.

Not money well spent but far from the catastrophic stretch of a Martial.

Maguire had 2 good seasons, especially his first when he was really solid. It then followed by 2 awful seasons, but I felt he recovered last season.

Lindelof have had good games, but I’ve never felt he’s had a solid season. That said, his lows have not been as bad as Maguire.

At this point of time, I’d rather Maguire stay than Lindelof

Although I wouldn’t mind to see him go, I respect Maguire for the fact that he took all the abuse and came back with decent performance without any fuss.
He’s not perfect nor the level we aspire to be at, but I could live with him staying for another season.

Lindelof is the one I’d get rid of between the two. He’s just too weak, both physically and mentally.

But is getting a fee at the other end the ultimate value generation of a player ?
In theory you're paying for on pitch production that translates to tickets sold, games won, trophies, etc
We overpaid, arguably dramatically, for Our Captain, but so far while his on pitch production couldn't live up to the transfer fee (not his fault) and wages (also kind on MU) he's played ok to good for the majority of his time here, I feel ? Shows up, reasonably fit, overcame a lot of hostility and plugged holes in a terrible season.

Not money well spent but far from the catastrophic stretch of a Martial.

How many tickets sold can be attributed to Maguire? How many trophies had we won thanks to him? I don't blame Maguire for the fee and the salary but his performance is nowhere near to an 80m + 190k a week player. Actually that salary and fee is hurting us big time both in terms of FFP and in terms of first teamers having all the right in the world to come knocking at the gaffer's door and asking for that same salary (or even an upgrade).The reality is that we're stuck with probably the most highly paid reserve defender in the world, with little means to get that CB that can really challenge for a first team place and next year he'll probably walk for free. That's disastrous.

We were in a similar situation with Martial. His salary was ridiculous, he hasn't justified that salary for years and towards the end he also became injury prone (the only difference). Martial's career is basically over at this point, Maguire will leave United as a free agent and will probably hurt us (he's still a valid player in a deep defensive line)

United seem to have learnt about contracts and fees but needs to become more ruthless with its players. Take Chelsea for example who made it obvious towards their rejects by keeping them out of the tour. The same should happen to the likes of Casemiro, Maguire and co. It might or it might not work but what certainly wouldn't work is if we give them the impression that they are still part of the squad, no matter what.

How many tickets sold can be attributed to Maguire? How many trophies had we won thanks to him? I don't blame Maguire for the fee and the salary but his performance is nowhere near to an 80m + 190k a week player. Actually that salary and fee is hurting us big time both in terms of FFP and in terms of first teamers having all the right in the world to come knocking at the gaffer's door and asking for that same salary (or even an upgrade).The reality is that we're stuck with probably the most highly paid reserve defender in the world, with little means to get that CB that can really challenge for a first team place and next year he'll probably walk for free. That's disastrous.

We were in a similar situation with Martial. His salary was ridiculous, he hasn't justified that salary for years and towards the end he also became injury prone (the only difference). Martial's career is basically over at this point, Maguire will leave United as a free agent and will probably hurt us (he's still a valid player in a deep defensive line)

United seem to have learnt about contracts and fees but needs to become more ruthless with its players. Take Chelsea for example who made it obvious towards their rejects by keeping them out of the tour. The same should happen to the likes of Casemiro, Maguire and co. It might or it might not work but what certainly wouldn't work is if we give them the impression that they are still part of the squad, no matter what.

Won't disagree we didn't get our money's worth out of him but really at this point we're probably better riding this contract out and use his skills on the field unless an absurdly good offer comes in that would allow the club to seek at little cost a good replacement.

I'm not sure there was ever an optimal time to transfer him out without taking another accounting hit and last summer he reportedly wasn't convinced by whatever West Ham offered.

Luxury rotation option, as you say, but the financial sin cannot be undone. He could come in handy this season again.

He gets a lot of stick and we definitely need better from a starter but last season was good from him. He's not going to reach the levels to justify the transfer but he's way better than Lindelof. I don't think we'll ship both out so rather keep him than Lindelof.

Probably will be offered a contract on lower wages and it'll be his decision wether to accept it or leave on a free, giving massive wages to players that don't deserve them have come back to hurt us again. Hopefully under this new regimen we learn a bit about that.

Won't disagree we didn't get our money's worth out of him but really at this point we're probably better riding this contract out and use his skills on the field unless an absurdly good offer comes in that would allow the club to seek at little cost a good replacement.

I'm not sure there was ever an optimal time to transfer him out without taking another accounting hit and last summer he reportedly wasn't convinced by whatever West Ham offered.

Luxury rotation option, as you say, but the financial sin cannot be undone. He could come in handy this season again.

There are few transfers that highlight the inadequacy of United's structure more then the Maguire's transfer. It didn't take a genius to notice that the CB was poorly suited to play at Manchester United. The guy was painfully slow and his scanning was poor. That wasn't an issue for a club like Leicester were they play a deep line and they defend in numbers. Space is limited against such clubs, and there was always going to be someone ready to sweep the ball behind him. Yet that changes at a club like United were a high line was a must.

So the Maguire deal is down to the manager who believed that he bought one dimensional players (Maguire, James and AWB) and he expected them to adapt, it was on the football people who appointed a manager who only did well at Molde and basically allowed him to do whatever he wants and then it was down to the negotiation team who offered a silly fee and salary. Fast forward to present time and we've got a 30m player who is ill suited for our game, who is fighting tooth and nail to remain because no one is going to match his salary and will walk on a free next summer. That's 40m gone (in fee and salary).

There's very little to do about it. However what you can do is to have an adult conversation with the player and to tell him he's surplus to requirements. Since we're serious about it then he isn't needed for the tour and should therefore stay in Manchester to focus on a move.That would give Maguire time to get his shit sorted, set his priorities right and maybe harass his agents for a move. If it doesn't work then the player will be reintegrated in the squad and everyone would act like professionals. Its within Maguire's interest to get as many good games as possible because in 6 months time he'll be out of a job. Football has a very short memory and a bad season can spell disaster to a player heading towards the end of his contract. Just ask the golden glove of 22/23

I'm fine with this. A more senior option in place of Yoro and a decent player to learn from. Honestly Yoro might the kind of player that would make Maguire work, we've never paired him with decent pace. There'll be teams and games you wouldn't want to use him but if we have a decent selection thats fine. There'll be teams and games when he'll be really, really bloody useful too. I'd even go as far as looking to negotiate a new deal. It'd be much lesser wages but i wouldn't mind keeping him.
I'm a bit surprised to be happy to keep him as i've been pretty critical but i think we need some experienced players in the mix and last season was individually good. Last 20 mins rearguard defend the box he'd be pretty good too.

You wish. He is chasing new contract. Which he will get.
Most of our "deadwood" which we want to sell will get it.

Bottom line is that we were never replacing Varane, Lindelof and Maguire in one window. Best case scenario is we get two replacements in and so one of the three needed to stay and with Varane gone on a free it becomes a straight choice between the other two. Lindelof should be a lot easier to shift, he is younger than Maguire and on a significantly lower salary also which should make him more attractive to potential suitors.

That’s a flawed way of looking at things because Lindelof doesn’t do very much at all which reduces his chances of making mistakes.

He’s the centre back version of Scott. Their priority is to avoid being in a position to make mistakes and just screw everyone else over.

But if someone comes to me and says the club doesn’t want me, I will definitely look at other options.”
“But nobody has told me that at all, so I’m staying with United and focusing all my energy on winning trophies here.”

Where are now all those people who argued with me how you can't force players to leave?
New hierarchy, same shit.

Maguire's scored twice any many goals. Being useful on set pieces, unlike Lindelof is quite handy.

There are few transfers that highlight the inadequacy of United's structure more then the Maguire's transfer. It didn't take a genius to notice that the CB was poorly suited to play at Manchester United. The guy was painfully slow and his scanning was poor. That wasn't an issue for a club like Leicester were they play a deep line and they defend in numbers. Space is limited against such clubs, and there was always going to be someone ready to sweep the ball behind him. Yet that changes at a club like United were a high line was a must.

So the Maguire deal is down to the manager who believed that he bought one dimensional players (Maguire, James and AWB) and he expected them to adapt, it was on the football people who appointed a manager who only did well at Molde and basically allowed him to do whatever he wants and then it was down to the negotiation team who offered a silly fee and salary.
They didn't let him do whatever he wanted though, did they? Ole told the club to sign Haaland (twice) and they ignored him. He was also only allowed a maximum of 3 first team transfers every summer window. Signing Maguire was a mistake but let's not rewrite history - Ole wasn't given free rein to do whatever he wanted in the transfer market.

It is time Harry Maguire called it a day. He has gone from ridicule to comeback and then to desperation. He has essentially forfeited his England career to play second fiddle at united. I think it comes down to money really. He doesn't want to take a pay cut to revive his career. It is up to Ten Hag to get tougher and demand more. His team finished eighth and he is clinging on to his managerial career. In order to get things moving, he needs to set higher standards for himself and the club. Speak to these players and send them packing.

It is infuriating him claiming that nobody has ever told him he wasn't wanted

We had offer accepted for him last summer and he was 5th choice CB. Get a clue, m...f...er, stop pretending you have no idea

It is infuriating him claiming that nobody has ever told him he wasn't wanted

We has offer accepted for him last summer and he was 5th choice CB. Get a clue, m...f...er, stop pretending you have no idea
5th choice in United (with 2 of them injury prone defenders) is still better than Fulham 1st choice.

They didn't let him do whatever he wanted though, did they? Ole told the club to sign Haaland (twice) and they ignored him. He was also only allowed a maximum of 3 first team transfers every summer window. Signing Maguire was a mistake but let's not rewrite history - Ole wasn't given free rein to do whatever he wanted in the transfer market.

I am referring to the Maguire's deal mate. For the rest what can I say? Murtough had a knack in sticking to bad advice while ignoring the good ones

5th choice in United (with 2 of them injury prone defenders) is still better than Fulham 1st choice.
Right, and the money is way better which is why he is playing dumb but it is not what English international should aspire to, so he is lying saying all is fine

I see people Keep making excuses for him, not gonna lie I did do that too but That Sevilla Europa game were he came on for Martinez I think and totally screwed us over both legs was it for me, he should have been forced out a longtime ago.

We are in Hag third season and people are okay with the idea that a 200k a week player is okay as squad depth. I just don't get the logic behind that.

Right, and the money is way better which is why he is playing dumb but it is not what English international should aspire to, so he is lying saying all is fine
He is not even playing dumb maybe. Erik said multiple times how Harry is in his plans.
So, it is easy choice for every player; better be rotation player in a big club than first choice in middle table club. It is not even a contest these days when big clubs play 60 games per season. Rotation player will get at least 30 games. Even more if his rivals for position are injury prone.