Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

I did tell you about the stupid installs. Before people for some reason decided to mock me for getting the game early!

I swore I wasn't going to get a PS4 or Xbone for at least another year or until the prices came down but I don't know how long I'm going to be able to hold out after looking at those screenshots and videos. The nights we had a good crew going and were on for hours was a lot of fun.

Mine was all installed ready to go this morning. Played for (literally) 5 mins before work, but need to spend time adjusting the control settings I think - want to reduce the sensitivity etc and see what different control layouts there are, adjust FOV and DOF...

But first impressions v good - love how it looks - and that was only in the prologue! Everything looks razor sharp - no more jaggies and able to read signs etc. The shooting in first person felt v good also - even with my settings being too sensitive.

Really looking forward to playing more this evening - and brining my online character across and maybe changing how he looks etc.

I pre downloaded on xbox and it required no additional install, I gave it a test run this morning and played some of the prologue

I will have time on my hands during the weekend and I have Thursday and Friday off but have no idea what to play - either this, Far Cry 4, Assassins Creed or Dragon Age, feck knows.

Sigh, this is ridiculous.

After three hours it was at 30%, drifted off to sleep... woke up to see my PS4 had gone into rest mode
"Shit, hope it managed to finish in time" (couldn't remember what my settings were)
Opened the application up... nope, back on 4%. See you all in 15 hours

So what's up with the install times? Is there a big update or something? I was thinking about picking it up on disc today.

Why do people still bother about these pre-orders from PS Store? It's blatant that it's broken and has caused so many issues over the last few months.

On 27% now so going faster

I prefer to download so don't have to keep switching discs

I still have 500GB so I won't bother, I can barely keep my games intact now without deleting everything.

These mega slow downloads you guys are suffering through, is that because you downloaded the full game? If my PS4 and GTAV bundle arrives today as expected will I still have to install this crazy sized file if I'm playing with a disc?

These mega slow downloads you guys are suffering through, is that because you downloaded the full game? If my PS4 and GTAV bundle arrives today as expected will I still have to install this crazy sized file if I'm playing with a disc?

Someone else asked similar question earlier. Long install times only happen to those who've preloaded/downloaded from the store.

Someone else asked similar question earlier. Long install times only happen to those who've preloaded/downloaded from the store.

Ah, cheers, sorry missed that.

My fecking ps4 went into power safe mode back to 8%... Oh feck off..

I should hopefully be picking my console and game disc up in about 6 hours, at this rate I might be playing before you!

I pre-ordered from the store.

The game pre-loaded on Sunday, and I was able to start it this morning at 0600 and go straight into the game.

:( Have you changed the settings now so power save mode is off?

You can still download stuff and install games when in rest mode though. How come it keeps resetting? And where's my Orcas and/or Blue Whale pictures, brother Damien! :mad:

Also;

Xbone got no grass!

B2rcWIpCMAAzlu5.jpg

B2rbzbWCAAEint9.jpg

I pre-ordered and pre-loaded too but still required me to install again. Weird.
Did you pre-load it all? It'll only show the progress of the install file but if you hit options>info over the game then it'll show the real download time.

Eh? Are you all Americans? This isn't out till Friday :(

Also, my gf has taken this weekend off work so we can spend some time together... What a weekend to take off work. Looks like it'll be Monday night (half 10 or so) before I get a chance to play.

Did you pre-load it all? It'll only show the progress of the install file but if you hit options>info over the game then it'll show the real download time.

Yes I did.

You can still download stuff and install games when in rest mode though. How come it keeps resetting? And where's my Orcas and/or Blue Whale pictures, brother Damien! :mad:
B2rbzbWCAAEint9.jpg

Still installing, on 92%

I'm now jealous, I should have got this.............but DAI on Friday......resist!