Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Yeah it won't be any time soon but it will be interesting to see what they come up with. I'd want to see more challenging missions though, it just felt too easy the whole way through.

I think next Summer could be a good bet, didn't they release Episodes a year after GTA4 came out? Although with plenty of focus being put on GTA Online they could hold it off for another year or so.

How are the missions in Online BTW? Do you get to pick from a limited range of missions or do they appear randomly? I haven't properly checked the multiplayer mode yet so I don't know. Are all of them heists you need to do with someone or can you go alone, is there a clear distinction?

How are the missions in Online BTW? Do you get to pick from a limited range of missions or do they appear randomly? I haven't properly checked the multiplayer mode yet so I don't know. Are all of them heists you need to do with someone or can you go alone, is there a clear distinction?

At the start you are given tutorial missions to get you into the game, which you can do by yourself or with others. You then start to get texts from various people and at certain ranks you will get more contacts and therefore missions from more people (that you meet in GTA story). The missions are generally either 1-2 or 1-4 players, however you get more rep doing it with other people and the same amount of money if you do it with other people too, so if you can get people to do it with you, you should. You can also get invited to missions by other people though, so you could be doing missions that aren't accessible for you to host yet.

There is also the races, parachute races, deathmatches, cat and mouse type games to enjoy too. It is brilliant when you play, just the server issues that are annoying.

The missions online are awful - the most fun you have is either messing about in free roam, or in races and survival mode.

The missions are - 'go to location, shoot 5 guys standing behind boxes, pick up drugs, return' or 'go to this car on the map, shoot the driver, steal the car, return the car'. There are a couple of exceptions, but they're mostly the same thing too - yesterday I had to take a lorry to a petrol station, fill up with fuel and return the lorry.

I'm level 22 - was moaning about this at like level 5..

Once I've completed the story and I go to take on the assassination missions for Lester, do I have to wait until he's tipped me off about the shares before I buy them with each character, or if I've found out the relevant shareholdings can I buy them before going to see him? Will it affect the price at all?

Once I've completed the story and I go to take on the assassination missions for Lester, do I have to wait until he's tipped me off about the shares before I buy them with each character, or if I've found out the relevant shareholdings can I buy them before going to see him? Will it affect the price at all?

I think it doesn't make a difference if you buy before or right after the mission.

Not really liking Online, I can't get to grips with it, although I'm desperate to!

I'm more of an offline gamer, but I really like the extra features Online, like the ability to buy apartments etc.. so I attempted a few missions, and whenever one that needs 2+ people to enter, I end up waiting an absolute age for people to join, then I end up being the host, but no one seems to join.

Can't these type of missions be done without other humans online? I know it defeats the purpose, but...

Sometimes it does though, in the Vapid mission he specifically tells you not to buy any shares before you've completed your job and speaking from experience it does make a big difference. Just listen to him and you'll be golden.

There's loads of guides online anyway.

Honestly though, it feels like there's feck all point amassing a fortune, buying properties seems to yield no real decent missions or anything, just "go collect me some weed/booze or make a delivery", I think the only thing I actually did after the final heist that I enjoyed was buying a few supercars and pimping them up to shit for street races with Franklin.

I know GTA:Online was supposed to provide the post-story content but it's a bit meh isn't it?

I haven't been online yet, just concentrating on the single player as for me that's what GTA really is.

I'll give it a look once I've got 100%.

I haven't been online yet, just concentrating on the single player as for me that's what GTA really is.

I'll give it a look once I've got 100%.

I agree with that. I really hope they allow offline players the ability to buy houses and have car insurance and the other little things with an update.

All them things should have been in the full game anyway. I like the way you can carry cash and have money in the bank. Why not include this a from the beginning?!

I tried GTA online. Me and another user were introduced to the world and we went hand in hand to collect some drugs from some place. We were like a team. Buddies, even. Then we were let loose into the open world, stared at each other inquisitively and he killed me.

If you can be bothered to go through my posts in this thread, I posted a website in a spoiler that tells you what to invest in and when. Lester tells you what to invest in, but there's 2 shares he doesn't and one of them goes up 300% so yeah, check out the site. It also tells you what price it peaks at as well so you know when's best to sell.

Oh what a fecking joke. On the last heist I sticky bombed a crew member who then got set on fire but got up again. So I did it again and then threw a grenade on him and and he jumped miles into the air and was motionless on the ground for a while before the twat gets up again. He's desperate for his cut.

The missions online are awful - the most fun you have is either messing about in free roam, or in races and survival mode.

The missions are - 'go to location, shoot 5 guys standing behind boxes, pick up drugs, return' or 'go to this car on the map, shoot the driver, steal the car, return the car'. There are a couple of exceptions, but they're mostly the same thing too - yesterday I had to take a lorry to a petrol station, fill up with fuel and return the lorry.

I'm level 22 - was moaning about this at like level 5..

Missions improve the higher the level you are. Makki's on around level 56 and he gets some good ones.

It is absolutely ludicrous how long that third triathlon takes. My hand is fecking killing me.

Finding the lost submarine parts was a very annoying mission, didn't get anything for it after spending ages fecking around in the sea. Come to think of it, far too many missions end up with no reward.

Apparently there's £23K near one of the wreckage sites, not that I bothered looking, just wanted to complete the mission quickly.

Finished this the other night. $40m each from the final heist. What exactly is the point of all that money though once the main story is over?

Also has everyone seen this...

Not done much in the way of missions recently, just been pissing around a lot.

Has anyone discovered a way into the military fort without a wanted level yet?

Not done much in the way of missions recently, just been pissing around a lot.

Has anyone discovered a way into the military fort without a wanted level yet?

Might have something to do with getting your Stealth level up high enough? That's just a complete guess mind.

Possibly. I mean I know it's a military base so breaking in shouldn't be easy, but it'd be nice if there was a way to achieve it without the wanted level so you could have a proper look around.

One of the golfers looks like Mike from Breaking Bad.

Finished this the other night. $40m each from the final heist. What exactly is the point of all that money though once the main story is over?

Also has everyone seen this...

That's awesome.

And yeah, I've got $2b and nothing to do with it. I think these games should give you the chance to start all over again but with all the money you've amassed.

That's awesome.

And yeah, I've got $2b and nothing to do with it. I think these games should give you the chance to start all over again but with all the money you've amassed.

I've found the money to be pretty pointless anyway. Before I was even half way through I had enough money to buy whatever clothes, hair cuts, and weapons as soon as they were unlocked as well as keeping the ammo stocked up. I haven't really looked into the properties yet but I don't see a great deal of point in those? As for cars you just take what you please anyway or see if they Veyron is there if you need something quick.

I've found the money to be pretty pointless anyway. Before I was even half way through I had enough money to buy whatever clothes, hair cuts, and weapons as soon as they were unlocked as well as keeping the ammo stocked up. I haven't really looked into the properties yet but I don't see a great deal of point in those? As for cars you just take what you please anyway or see if they Veyron is there if you need something quick.

Yeah, it's true. But then it would have been nice to have bought the attack choppers early on and maybe even a tank although it wouldn't have made for a quick getaway.

Finally starting online but this tutorial is tedious.

Had a Final Destination moment before. Was driving up the edge of the wrong side of the freeway then cutting in and smashing into cars. I nailed one and for some reason the guy went nuts and got in another car and started chasing me as I attempted to do it again. I stopped my car and got out to feck him up and he did the same further up the road. This caused all kinds of havoc and cars started hitting his car (which rammed it into him and killed him). A car hit mine which knocked me over and as this happened a 4x4 which had hit one of the other cars came sliding to a stop about a metre in front of me. I thought it was a near miss but as I stood up I saw a massive lorry come flying into the 4x4 full pelt which hit me and slammed me into the barriers. Good times.

The lighting in this game really is impressive:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Held off on getting this on release day as I was up-the-walls busy in work for the last few weeks. I have a week off now so I'm going to grab it tomorrow. I can't wait!

I've finished the single player and have $1.4bn. What to do now? I didn't buy any of the businesses and don't think I've done all of the Freaks and Strangers missions yet. I'll probably start on that.