Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

I'm exploring the countryside now with Trevor. Found a cool little remote beach at night and I'm just watching the waves in the sea. No homo.

Free Aim <3... Much fecking better
Definitely.

Just started the Trevor missions and I'm not sure why he's such a hyped up character. So far, I preferred the other two and am not liking not being able to switch to them.

Like a scene from Castaway.

0_0.jpg

Definitely.

Just started the Trevor missions and I'm not sure why he's such a hyped up character. So far, I preferred the other two and am not liking not being able to switch to them.

Jesus, stop moaning and just play it.

Just snuck into a Government Facility and found my first helicopter. It has missiles and everything.

Jesus, stop moaning and just play it.
Is this like a "praise gta endlessly" only thread? Why aren't we allowed to moan? It's not a 10 out of 10 game game so far in my mind. It has it's ups and downs for me so far, but I, definitely liking it (being a fan of the series). So when I see something that deserves a moan, why not?

Is this like a "praise gta endlessly" only thread? Why aren't we allowed to moan? It's not a 10 out of 10 game game so far in my mind. It has it's ups and downs for me so far, but I, definitely liking it (being a fan of the series). So when I see something that deserves a moan, why not?

Because it's pretty much all you seem to do.

Nothing about the map seems to register though. It's odd. I'm like posh place, countryside, rural place etc. I don't feel the size of the map though.

I don't know about the rating but I agree that the individual parts could be a lot better. I've not done that much but the missions still seem to be very very simple. There's not much challenge or tact to be applied here which is kind of disappointing. I mean, how long will gta have such a simplified mission structure. It's been ages.

I still am enjoying it a lot of course, I've been a fan of the series for quite long. But I think it needs to make more progress on the actual gameplay front.

Everything else excellent but I find the game mechanics in the missions bit dull.

Not impressed by the start. Hope it gets better.

Got it.

The opening mission was lame.

I think one post in here was just for praise. You do it in other threads too. Nobody likes to hear you moan about stuff all the time.

Definitely.

It's like your natural reaction is to be negative towards anything remotely "hyped up."

I don't know what you're hoping for, it's like your expectations become ridiculously high as soon as people praise a certain aspect of the game or the game as a whole. Are you trying not to like it because everyone else does?

Maybe that's because there's enough praise anyways and me praising it wouldn't be adding anything.

I did say that the multiple characters has been implemented superbly. Don't see that in the quoted posts!

Maybe that's because there's enough praise anyways and me praising it wouldn't be adding anything.

I did say that the multiple characters has been implemented superbly. Don't see that in the quoted posts!

Why would I quote praise when I was trying to point out your moaning? I did mention that post though.

Bottom line is moaning is fine but people get sick of it when it's nearly all you do, and trust me it's not just me.

It's like your natural reaction is to be negative towards anything remotely "hyped up."

I don't know what you're hoping for, it's like your expectations become ridiculously high as soon as people praise a certain aspect of the game or the game as a whole. Are you trying not to like it because everyone else does?
Nah, I'm not one to do that. I think it's more due to always having loved this franchise and now having changed my tastes in gaming or explored different types of games, not being as satisfied or in love with it as I used to be, or maybe seeing flaws in it that I wouldn't have 5 years ago.

Why would I quote praise when I was trying to point out your moaning? I did mention that post though.

Bottom line is moaning is fine but people get sick of it when it's nearly all you do, and trust me it's not just me.
If your going show the negative slant of my posting then it really should cover either all posts or enough of a random sample rather than just the negative ones. But yeah, I'll admit my posting on this has been negative not that I'm apologetic for it. I also think my posting hasn't reflected my complete enjoyment or opinion of he game, so far.

Nah, I'm not one to do that. I think it's more due to always having loved this franchise and now having changed my tastes in gaming or explored different types of games, not being as satisfied or in love with it as I used to be, or maybe seeing flaws in it that I wouldn't have 5 years ago.

What games meet your criteria then or match your new found tastes? I might be wrong here but I thought you said earlier in the thread you hadn't played since GTA 3, that might have been someone else though.

Nobody is pretending the game doesn't have flaws, it's just an overall fantastic experience and I pity anyone who is playing this looking for the faults with it rather than appreciating everything it does right. Everyone knows there is actually no such thing as a 10/10 game because no game is perfect, it's just people's way of saying that a game is extremely good and up there with the best around in terms of the depth and vastness of the experience.

I actually got pissed off in the first couple of hours of the game, constantly giving you the shittest vehicles ever to chase down motorbikes and shit was just annoying.

What games meet your criteria then or match your new found tastes? I might be wrong here but I thought you said earlier in the thread you hadn't played since GTA 3, that might have been someone else though.

Nobody is pretending the game doesn't have flaws, it's just an overall fantastic experience and I pity anyone who is playing this looking for the faults with it rather than appreciating everything it does right. Everyone knows there is actually no such thing as a 10/10 game because no game is perfect, it's just people's way of saying that a game is extremely good and up there with the best around in terms of the depth and vastness of the experience.
I'm not "looking for faults", I'm finding them along the way. They're not actually so well hidden that you don't pick them up.

As for the kind of games, i think three things have caught my imagination:

1. A brilliantly told story
2. Gameplay that let's you play it the way you want to
3. Something off beat and unique

On the first count, I'll have to wait and see regarding this one. On the second point, like I said, a small part of me wished they gave more depth and variety to the gameplay rather than it being so linear and simplified. On the third,well, it seems to have not changed since ages so I can't it's unique.

But like I said, gta as a series, has always given me so many ours of fun. I love the atmosphere, I love a world you can sink yourself in so I'm really enjoying it. At the same time, I'm probably not as gaga by it as I used to be by gta games when I was younger.

I'm loving the driving in this too. Hitting ramps and twisting the car all over the place in the air is great fun.
Driving is much improved this time.

Funnily enough the biggest positive, for me, is what people were most worried about early on, which three playable characters. It adds so much to the game.

I wasn't keen on that midair control thing at first, I fecked up more than anything else :lol: Takes some getting used to. I've turned into an expert driver in it though, rarely crash anymore, and do everything fast as hell. I love reversing out of something to spin and take straight off :drool:

Helicopters are mental to control.

I think Franklins car (That white one) is probably my favourite in the game so far, it's nippy, good handling, and strong. Good all rounder.

Holy shit Fort Zancudo.

One of the first places me and my mate visited. We didn't manage to get out alive too often, my mate managed to nick a plane, smash into another plane so we lost most the landing gears, but he still somehow managed to take off JUST before he went into the water... he then proceeded to smash into a cliff face.

I spent ages (and paid for 3 dances) to get Niki in a good mood at the strip club, then crashed the car and killed us on the way to hers :(

Looking at the photos up there, I discovered the "selfie" option in the middle of a mission where you have to send photos of something to a guy to organise a robbery.

So I took one and stuck it in there, then giggled to myself at the idea of him looking through them and just having one of Trevor grinning like a maniac in the middle of them.

For a man as easily amused as myself, GTA gives endless pleasure.

Chastity is a tease, don't bother spending money on her. Even if you get the "like" bar up to the top and try to leave with her, she'll say no.

Bitch.

I spent ages (and paid for 3 dances) to get Niki in a good mood at the strip club, then crashed the car and killed us on the way to hers :(

:lol: Noob. Nikki is the stripper I hooked up with on night one. Franklin must be missing her because I've been locked into these Trevor missions all night.

He's brilliant.

"You can jerk me off on the way if I get bored... I'm joking... You can suck me off"

Said with a pink vest and handlebar moustache...

I've played 4 hours and still not come across Trevor yet. Where the heck is he?

Has anyone dome any of the paparazzi missions yet? The 2nd one is funny