Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

All the individual parts of this game are average at best. Makes a decent enough package overall though, but certainly not the 9 or 10 game it was predictably given.
I don't know about the rating but I agree that the individual parts could be a lot better. I've not done that much but the missions still seem to be very very simple. There's not much challenge or tact to be applied here which is kind of disappointing. I mean, how long will gta have such a simplified mission structure. It's been ages.

I still am enjoying it a lot of course, I've been a fan of the series for quite long. But I think it needs to make more progress on the actual gameplay front.

Comparing the tennis to Top Spin :lol:

You surely cannot have played it to come to that conclusion. The tennis is a big disappointment. Haven't tried golf yet.

I've done so little and I've reached 13%? Usually the storyline is done at about 65%. Strange.

Love this game so far, I've not even found any of these opening missions 'underwhelming' like some... and I'm really enjoying getting involved in the world. Also, the city from the air at night is really quite something.

The game is also far, far more interesting and challenging (not to the point where it's hard or anything mind) with auto aim taken off... I wholly recommend everyone does it (and turns the sensitivity up a few notches, and changes the crosshair).

My only really complaint so far is that it feels a bit too easy to escape the Cops grasp on 3 star or below (I've not gone above that...) just hide out for a bit and everything cools down before too long it seems, but then, maybe I've just had it easy so far.

You surely cannot have played it to come to that conclusion. The tennis is a big disappointment. Haven't tried golf yet.

Golf > Tennis...

It's basically a bit like Wii Golf (if not more basic)... it could have done with being a bit more advanced/harder, but it is what it is.

Love this game so far, I've not even found any of these opening missions 'underwhelming' like some... and I'm really enjoying getting involved in the world. Also, the city from the air at night is really quite something.

The game is also far, far more interesting and challenging (not to the point where it's hard or anything mind) with auto aim taken off... I wholly recommend everyone does it (and turns the sensitivity up a few notches, and changes the crosshair).

My only really complaint so far is that it feels a bit too easy to escape the Cops grasp on 3 star or below (I've not gone above that...) just hide out for a bit and everything cools down before too long it seems, but then, maybe I've just had it easy so far.

Yeah I've turned auto-aim off. It was ridiculously easy with it on, like using some cheat auto-kill bot.

Golf > Tennis...

It's basically a bit like Wii Golf (if not more basic)... it could have done with being a bit more advanced/harder, but it is what it is.

Shame. Golf, tennis, yoga, hunting? All pretty pointless as mini-games if there isn't a certain degree of depth to them that makes you come back.

People expect too much I think at times.

I figure if I get 40 hours entertainment out of it (and it'll be more than that especially when online launches) the cost per hour is cheaper than any other form of entertainment I can think of.

It's meant to be mindless escapism and it is exactly that. I've already laughed out loud a few times already and only played it for 3 - 4 hours so far.

Shame. Golf, tennis, yoga, hunting? All pretty pointless as mini-games if there isn't a certain degree of depth to them that makes you come back.

They're nearly there with Golf to be fair... all they really needed was to make the controls to swing your club a bit harder/more intricate (you just have to pull back on the R stick, and it's fairly easy to get maximum power...) and make the greens a more challenging (for 8 of the 9 holes I did, you just have to aim straight at the hole - there are no inclines or pace issues to worry about). But it's not a terrible mini game at all - When you start it, you'll definitely want to finish all 9 holes, and you may go back for another round at some point (I imagine I will.... just 'cos I know I can get my score down).

Last night I hired a prostitute, spent around $500 on her in the car, let her get out, got out myself, shot her in the face and took my $500 back.

I ain't payin' for sex yo.

Played a bit of GTAV too.

Let's not be silly. The tennis is miles behind the likes of VT and Top Spin.

Thankfully my skills from those games kicked in and I thrashed the missus 6-0.

I suppose there would be nothing stopping them from releasing updates that make the Tennis/Golf games more accurate sims... though I doubt they'd be that arsed about it to that extent, nor is it really neccesary/important to be fair.

They definitley should have put another Golf Course out in the country side though... could have made for a great setting for an early morning round.

People expect too much I think at times.I figure if I get 40 hours entertainment out of it (and it'll be more than that especially when online launches) the cost per hour is cheaper than any other form of entertainment I can think of.It's meant to be mindless escapism and it is exactly that. I've already laughed out loud a few times already and only played it for 3 - 4 hours so far.

The game is exactly what I expected, before GTA4 was released when all the hype was building I said exactly what would happen with that and this game, on this very forum.

Doesn't mean it can't be pointed out though that the individual gameplay elements are typically Rockstar shallow efforts. There's a lot of positives to this game, it's brilliantly designed and realised for a start, but let's not pretend the game mechanics are what we could hope for. If it wasn't gta the shooting, for example, would be called mediocre in any other game would it not? So would the driving, and the flying, and the side games, etc. Luckily it's more than the sum of it's parts and Trevor especially adds something fantastic to the game.

I've not played any of the newer Top Spin stuff and I barely remember the previous ones, it's probably that I just thought it was around VT's level for some reason. Sorry about that.

Virtua Tennis I found pretty average though so there isn't that much between. It's perhaps that I've not played this tennis much so I don't find it particularly terrible, it's not something I'm going to spend much time with but I don't think it's that bad at all.

I was hoping Lambs was going to avoid this one. He does his best to make you feel a good game is actually shite.

Loads of problems, but nothing to concern yourself with. Thanks for asking though.

Well one by one you'll get through them matey.

Oh and I'm not dissing this game at all, just being honest as always. I'm reserving final judgement until I'll played it a lot more though, which I will if only to see more of Trevor's facial expressions :)

I was hoping Lambs was going to avoid this one. He does his best to make you feel a good game is actually shite.

That's just a moronic statement :lol:

What have I said that's wrong, where have I said it's shit, and mostly why the feck would I do that? Sort it out man. Shame you can't seem to respect opinions that don't fall in line with your own.

I've not dissed it though have I? Just talking about the game as I experience it just like everyone else. Obviously the negative comments get looked at more because it's me, and I kind of get that, but that's hardly my fault and I certainly don't try to put people off! :lol:

Besides we had this exact thing over GTA4, people were creaming over it, I got slagged off for saying it was a bit dull and stripped compared to the previous one, a few months down the line when the dust settled people started agreeing. It happens, it's all about opinions.

Last night I hired a prostitute, spent around $500 on her in the car, let her get out, got out myself, shot her in the face and took my $500 back.

:lol:

Im loving this game, barely started it and I love it, also, LMAO at the gay dog humping instead of tracking the guy in the railyard.

Besides we had this exact thing over GTA4, people were creaming over it, I got slagged off for saying it was a bit dull and stripped compared to the previous one, a few months down the line when the dust settled people started agreeing. It happens, it's all about opinions.

They are like arseholes, they all support Chelsea.................No..........wait...........I mean everyone has one!

it's a vastly superior game to GTA4 though (which I never particularly liked), that was obvious to me within an hour of playing it.

That's just a moronic statement :lol:

What have I said that's wrong, where have I said it's shit, and mostly why the feck would I do that? Sort it out man. Shame you can't seem to respect opinions that don't fall in line with your own.

You have to say though, this world is a lot more vibrant. There seems to be a lot more going on around you, and the map is brilliantly varied that it allows for great changes in scenary. The driving is also much, much better then 4, and I think the shooting mechanics have definitely moved up a level (when you take auto-aim off). It's also just less grim/dour... which helps I think.

Ultimately though, the feeling I get from this game is more of a cross between Vice City and San Andreas on the PS2... The livliness/vibrancy/characters of VC mixed with the great world they created in SA.

it's a vastly superior game to GTA4 though (which I never particularly liked), that was obvious to me within an hour of playing it.

The lighting and draw distance alone make it far more comfortable to play, lighting in IV during the night was unbearable, you could barely see the car in front of you nevermind people and other stuff. It was an impressive game easily worthy of a 9 or 9.5 for me but V takes it to a whole level, it's been incredible so far.

The lighting and draw distance alone make it far more comfortable to play, lighting in IV during the night was unbearable, you could barely see the car in front of you nevermind people and other stuff. It was an impressive game easily worthy of a 9 or 9.5 for me but V takes it to a whole level, it's been incredible so far.

Don't know about those scores, but the engine is very very well done. It's a great send off for these consoles.

Don't know about those scores, but the engine is very very well done. It's a great send off for these consoles.

I'm not really much into giving games scores, I do this once in a while but I'm not sure they're very accurate - for example I enjoyed Assasins Creed 3 but I'm not sure if it was an 8 or a 9 to me, it was just a good game that entertained me for 10 hours, it wasn't ground breaking and it wasn't spectacular but it did the job it was designed to do. In GTA V case it meets my expectations perfectly - a massive open world, a good plot that keeps me interested (which hasn't always been the case with GTA games IMO), lots of things to do and visuals I wouldn't accuse PS3 of being capable of.

:lol:

Played about 12 hours straight last night, just woke up, gotta pop into town then getting back on this!!

Was anyone else (bar Cina) a bit disappointed that you can't shoot some hoops? I was hoping to do some ballin' with Franklin you know? Fo sho.

I'm not really much into giving games scores, I do this once in a while but I'm not sure they're very accurate - for example I enjoyed Assasins Creed 3 but I'm not sure if it was an 8 or a 9 to me, it was just a good game that entertained me for 10 hours, it wasn't ground breaking and it wasn't spectacular but it did the job it was designed to do. In GTA V case it meets my expectations perfectly - a massive open world, a good plot that keeps me interested (which hasn't always been the case with GTA games IMO), lots of things to do and visuals I wouldn't accuse PS3 of being capable of.

Does it get better? Because I got about an hour or so in and was finding it to be a bit of a chore...

I'll get back to it at some point, once I'm done with this game I imagine... which will be quite a while away I'd guess.

Was anyone else (bar Cina) a bit disappointed that you can't shoot some hoops? I was hoping to do some ballin' with Franklin you know? Fo sho.

Does it get better? Because I got about an hour or so in and was finding it to be a bit of a chore...

I'll get back to it at some point, once I'm done with this game I imagine... which will be quite a while away I'd guess.

It gets much better and when you eventually get into it properly, it ends almost abruptly which is a shame as I thought it could carry on for a good few hours. First 2-3 hours are pretty painful though, I was getting very annoyed at one point as there was literally nothing of note going on.

It's free for PS Plus members this month so well worth getting anyway.

Ass 3 is utter turd. Avoid.

Michael is basically Max Payne 'Sopranoified'..

But Trevor.. there's somebody, an actor/character that he really reminds me of. His voice especially but I really can't think who.

Woody Harrelson is one he kinda reminds me of, but it's not him I'm thinking of.

Michael is basically Max Payne 'Sopranoified'..

But Trevor.. there's somebody, an actor/character that he really reminds me of. His voice especially but I really can't think who.

Woody Harrelson is one he kinda reminds me of, but it's not him I'm thinking of.
Damn I was wondering who Michael was like. H