Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Anyone find a Buggati Veyron ripoff yet? I'm tiring of my Audis. Need that Buggati

Really looking forward to see the Trevor storyline progress. From the reviews and the initial mission, he looks the most fun to play.

Went for a drive around the coastal roads today, some of the views looking out to the sea and driving around some of the mountain areas are stunning.

I keep getting mixed up with what direction on the d-pad do I hit to change radio stations/change characters. I know up is for your phone, but I keep forgetting about the others. Driving is pretty weird when you go from Forza one day and then GTA the next day :lol: Huge difference but it's still good.

Love some of the random, unscripted stuff that you come across while just roaming. I was walking around downtown Los Santos, when I hear a huge explosion behind me. An 18 wheeler must have ploughed straight into a concrete wall, it's on fire and there are screams etc. I hang around as I can hear sirens in the distance. Sure enough, a fire truck bursts onto the scene, and the water cannon starts trying to douse the flames. I decide to run in front of it, to see if the water is powerful enough to cause damage. It knocks me off my feet and into the next lane of the street, where a nearby car hits and kills me :lol:

Have hardly been in the air yet, tried the blimp but it was too slow. I've found the airbase but I don't think I'm anywhere near prepared enough to take that on, so I'll keep looking for smaller airstrips that have planes I'll be able to nick.

Managed to heroically fly a plane under a bridge, tilting just enough to avoid it. Then crashed into a hill mid-celebration :(.

Love some of the random, unscripted stuff that you come across while just roaming. I was walking around downtown Los Santos, when I hear a huge explosion behind me. An 18 wheeler must have ploughed straight into a concrete wall, it's on fire and there are screams etc. I hang around as I can hear sirens in the distance. Sure enough, a fire truck bursts onto the scene, and the water cannon starts trying to douse the flames. I decide to run in front of it, to see if the water is powerful enough to cause damage. It knocks me off my feet and into the next lane of the street, where a nearby car hits and kills me :lol:

Have hardly been in the air yet, tried the blimp but it was too slow. I've found the airbase but I don't think I'm anywhere near prepared enough to take that on, so I'll keep looking for smaller airstrips that have planes I'll be able to nick.

Managed to heroically fly a plane under a bridge, tilting just enough to avoid it. Then crashed into a hill mid-celebration :(.

:lol:

The mission where Michael and his son have the bike race to the bottom of the pier, I was thrashing him and was easily there in time but crashed into a hotdog vendor just yards away from the point and lost the race as I was on the floor injured :lol:

Anyone find a Buggati Veyron ripoff yet? I'm tiring of my Audis. Need that Buggati

Have a look in the carpark on whatever they call Santa Monica pier, I went up there whilst just wandering around and the carpark was chock full of awesome sports cars.

Finished my first round of Golf at Par... it's a fairly easy Golf sim all in all, should be fairly easy to finish below Par after you work it out the first time round. The deviations on the green mean barely nothing when it comes to putting... but all in all, it's not a bad little mini game to have in there - better then the Tennis anyway

Is it me or does this run choppy as shit on the PS3? I might have been spoiled by playing Sleeping Dogs on the PC at >100fps recently but it seems really sluggish which is killing the immersion for me.

Is it me or does this run choppy as shit on the PS3? I might have been spoiled by playing Sleeping Dogs on the PC at >100fps recently but it seems really sluggish which is killing the immersion for me.

It does get a bit choppy for me as well but I can't say it bothers me a huge amount. It's a little bit jarring at times when you're driving really fast through traffic but it doesn't make it unplayable or anything. Hopefully they will release an update or two to improve performance.

I doubt they can fix that. Just gonna have to wait for a PC version if that bothers you so much. It really doesn't for me, but I will be getting a PC version anyway(well as long as my Macbook Retina is good enough for it, GTA4 is a killer at times), for mods.

Found a buggati spawn point though....but has only spawned for Trevor so far, kinda wanted it in Michael garage, dunno why I waste a spot for the R8, theres a spawn spot that has like 5 of them in a row in different colours everytime.

Anyone else watched 'the loneliest robot in Great Britain'?

That was odd.

Pulled off my first heist yesterday (stealth style). They're really well put together.

Anyone else watched 'the loneliest robot in Great Britain'?

That was odd.

Pulled off my first heist yesterday (stealth style). They're really well put together.

Did the first heist last night too - very cool! Now just waiting for the money to hit Franklin's account...

Love the flying in the game too - feels more twitchy and un forgiving than in GTAIV, but better for that.

I also found my first armoured van - happened to pass it randomly at a gas station. Does anyone know if there are regular places you can try and find them?

I'm 5 hours in, having barely finished any missions, exploring a lot and I cannot see myself getting bored with it anytime soon. There's so much stuff going on in the game that even after I've finished the story line I will probably stick around for a while just driving around, parachuting, playing tennis etc. I actually tried tennis yesterday and it was quite good, obviously it's not perfect but it isn't really much behind games like Top Spin or Virtua Tennis which is quite impressive because it's supposed be just a gimmick in this one.

What? You haven't played top spin, the tennis on gta is like phone games.

Everything else excellent but I find the game mechanics in the missions bit dull.

Dunno I thought the tennis was terrible. Don't see myself playing it ever again.

They've built an incredible world but they need to find a way to reward sight seeing. There's so many times I stumble across cool locations hoping I find something unique or special about them or just something to do apart from taking in the sights.

Dunno I thought the tennis was terrible. Don't see myself playing it ever again.

They've built an incredible world but they need to find a way to reward sight seeing. There's so many times I stumble across cool locations hoping I find something unique or special about them or just something to do apart from taking in the sights.
Yeah I think it'd a bit shit. At best it's okay.

You can't compare something so simple to a quality game like top spin.

What? You haven't played top spin, the tennis on gta is like phone games.
I only played Top Spin on previous generation so I'm not qualified to comment but compared to Virtua Tennis it was alright.

Should I get Top Spin btw? I was thinking about it, I love tennis and if it works well with Move it could be great for me.

I'm 8% in and no Trevor yet. Michael's alien bit is the highlight so far.

The game is hilarious, something GTAIV was lacking.

I only played Top Spin on previous generation so I'm not qualified to comment but compared to Virtua Tennis it was alright.

Should I get Top Spin btw? I was thinking about it, I love tennis and if it works well with Move it could be great for me.
Top spin 4 is awesome. One of my favorite sports games. Not sure it works well with move if it does at all.