Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

gtavsign.jpg

What have people found as the most effective ways to gain money? Is it stealing the armoured vans? Or manipulating the stock market?

I'm getting into this now.

Do those random street events take place again if you messed one up? I died during one of them and didn't get to retry.

Is iFruit the app where you can design your own custom cars n shit?

Is it on Apple devises only?

Is iFruit the app where you can design your own custom cars n shit?

Is it on Apple devises only?

Ya, design your car. Train Chop the dog too, so he does what he learns on the console game then. It on android aswell, phone and tablet.

Going to try and get a refund from PStore. They legally can't take my money for nothing.

I think that's your best bet. I've read that some people have issues like texture pop-ins etc with the PSN version, similar to the 360 version if the user installs the play disc.

What have people found as the most effective ways to gain money? Is it stealing the armoured vans? Or manipulating the stock market?

Stocks for sure.. not so much manipulating though (buying stocks then shooting allys, haven't tried it) but Lester gives you clues and so do the radio stations about stocks. Sometimes they'll be subtle, saying that a certain company plans to sue the government and has great lawyers - shit like that.

Ya, design your car. Train Chop the dog too, so he does what he learns on the console game then. It on android aswell, phone and tablet.

Just looked, it's "coming soon" to android and winmo.

So Rockstar's seeming pisstake of Apple is available only to Apple users.

The boat mission with franklin and Michael reminded me heavily of the San Andreas one with Sweet and Cj and the fire engine.

It was good fun, but I had to play that San Andreas one about 10 times. I thought sweet had to fall into the car, not onto the bonnet!

Btw I'm sure I heard someone refer to franklin as Cj

It isnt solid by any means on apple devices, prob better off it aint on Android yet then!

Yep it seems to have ongoing errors - am assuming much of this is caused by sheer demand?

If they do get it fixed, then think its a cool app - The first car that I got to drive properly as Franklin was the car I had customized in the app - which was a very cool touch. I had expected the car to just appear in my garage, but it very cool how it was the one they gave me ingame to drive. I like the idea of being able to customize cars via your phone - the only problem is that you don't get a visual representation of the changes you are making which is a pity - so some of it is guess work (at least the colors are!).

Also, if you do customize your license plates in the app, then it looks as though they are used on all the characters own cars - so both Franklin's and Michael's cars have my own licence plates.

Stocks for sure.. not so much manipulating though (buying stocks then shooting allys, haven't tried it) but Lester gives you clues and so do the radio stations about stocks. Sometimes they'll be subtle, saying that a certain company plans to sue the government and has great lawyers - shit like that.

Cheers - will keep an ear out for any hints on stocks!

Spoilers where by the storyline is given away. Just knowing who is in it isn't really a spoiler is it?

You wouldn't go "hmm.. I fancy watching Titanic"
"Oh Leo Di Caprio is in that"
"Arrgh well now you've ruined it. feck"

Well either way there is not much of a need for spoilers for titanic anyway. The fecking ship always sinks in the end.

If i was to give hints to anyone starting i would tell them to do the strangers and freaks missions. They're the ones marked with a ?, as you will bump into people who can help on heists or give you a bit more money your way.

I have barely heard the radio so far. Maybe I need to turn it up. What's change radio on ps3? I miss R2 and L2

I have barely heard the radio so far. Maybe I need to turn it up. What's change radio on ps3? I miss R2 and L2

Left button to switch stations, hold it to bring up the radio wheel.

Anyone finding the controls awkward? I think I'm too used to L1/R1 aiming and shooting so the first couple of missions were a bit messy. I've changed the controls now so it's a bit better.

Turned on free aim too, I hate aim assist.

Just started it, early days but very much same old, same old. I like the characters so far though and it is obviously huge, so plenty of time is needed with it :)

Shame they don't seem to have bothered progressing the gunplay though.

It's always been the same with GTA. The start just involves boring drive from A to B missions and it eventually picks up both story, and action wise.

Wait till you get to Trevor, that's where things really get going.

Trippin' right now. Monkeys n aliens n shit. Although this goes on for a bit too long -_-

The nerve!

It's also pretty much like I said, better texture management on the PS3 version, though unsurprisingly slightly better fps at times on the 360.

Oh and a lot of the screens and videos that came out were clearly PC version. This game definitely will benefit from a better draw distance and more stable framerates. Plus the bloody FOV is typically shite.

Hoping to complete my first heist this eve, and then want to try and make some money...stock market here we come!

Is anyone else having issues with taking pics in-game...as in not being able to?

It's v strange that the game needs to connect with the social club, rather than save images on the hard drive, but there you go.

Would be interested in seeing other peoples cars - so if you have a pic maybe share it here?

Left button to switch stations, hold it to bring up the radio wheel.

Anyone finding the controls awkward? I think I'm too used to L1/R1 aiming and shooting so the first couple of missions were a bit messy. I've changed the controls now so it's a bit better.

Turned on free aim too, I hate aim assist.
Massively awkward. In missions, I've died more times so far than in SA altogether. I'm getting it though slowly, it's funny though because most of the controls are where I think they should be. Triggers for guns is good, R1 for getting into cover is a bit weird. Is L1 for changing weapon? Not used to that. It's a shame you can't accelerate/break with the right analogue stick, although you obviously couldn't wield a weapon with it then. Not sure what duck or even jump is from memory. Duck is square presumably.

I'm sure within a few hours it will seem natural. Cars feel very very natural, maybe too easy

First thing I did was turned off the "auto GTA" aiming for aim assist, but it's still annoying. Will try free aim later. The cross hair it comes with is crap.

First thing I did was turned off the "auto GTA" aiming for aim assist, but it's still annoying. Will try free aim later. The cross hair it comes with is crap.

Change the cross hair to "expert" or whatever it's called - miles better.

What that do yo?

The crosshair at the start which is that little dot, I found to be barely visible at times during that opening mission... you can change the crosshair in the settings to something thats way more prominant and is more like a + symbol.

The crosshair at the start is a little dot, which I found to be barely visible at times during that opening mission... you can change the crosshair in the settings to something thats way more prominant and is more like a + symbol.

What does that have to do with being an expert?