Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

I'm at a company training until 5 pm then off to hotel for 2-3 hours before official dinner, guess what I'm about to do with those 2-3 hours.

My GTA V Experience so far:

After having the game on pre-order since it was available to pre-order, it hasn't arrived. So last night I took the plunge and bought the digital version from the Playstation store. Immediately they take the funds and you go to download it, now, 4 attempts in, 2 full downloads and 2 corrupted installs, I'm £££'s down with absolutely nothing to show for it.

How will I get a refund from Sony? Chances are I won't. They have zero customer support, they refuse to answer the phone lines, I can't imagine they're in a hurry to respond to emails.

So yeah.

After having the game on pre-order since it was available to pre-order, it hasn't arrived. So last night I took the plunge and bought the digital version from the Playstation store. Immediately they take the funds and you go to download it, now, 4 attempts in, 2 full downloads and 2 corrupted installs, I'm £££'s down with absolutely nothing to show for it.

How will I get a refund from Sony? Chances are I won't. They have zero customer support, they refuse to answer the phone lines, I can't imagine they're in a hurry to respond to emails.

So yeah.

You could possibly try Rockstar customer support? Other then that, just keep at it... one is bound to work at some point!

So yeah.
You'll still end up paying twice for it though?

You'll still end up paying twice for it though?

Nope, the amazon one can go back for not arriving on time. I'm still down money though, as it was cheaper.

You could possibly try Rockstar customer support? Other then that, just keep at it... one is bound to work at some point!

It's a playstation network problem.

I've just driven for the first time in the mission at the very start. I had my worries from seeing leaked videos, but the driving really does feel fantastic. It also looks fecking ace.

The driving is quite good although Im not so sure about the ability to manipulate the car in mid air. Have had some brilliant crashes already and I like the way the cars can take a serious pounding.

Stole a cement mixer last night ploughed my way down the highway (wrong direction of course) hit a car and the both of our vehicles exploded instantly. Love that shit.

Im also liking the way choosing weapons works with the slow mo's etc. Could be ace when theres a serious gun fight.

I spent ages cruising around the perimeter of the map last night only to find id still revealed feck all of it in general. The place is massive!!!!! It also looks stunning.

Tough to say with online not yet available. Plus you can be sure there will be DLC too. I'd buy it anyway. Always so much to do in the game, you can explore forever.
Hmm. I guess it's a good decision for me personally. I'm not one to play these kinds of games over and over again unless I'm really bored, and I need a football game for the whole year

How's the combat without auto lock? Can't see myself playing with that on.

Seemed a bit too easy for my taste in the first few missions... I'll probably turn it off when I play it tonight.

Also, the standard crosshair is crap... everyone change it to the "complex aim" in the settings ASAP.

Hmm. I guess it's a good decision for me personally. I'm not one to play these kinds of games over and over again unless I'm really bored, and I need a football game for the whole year

Well, I did get loads of hours out of Red Dead Redemption. Probably the fact I like that genre.

nah but I will be getting stuck into that this evening after work. Wanna do that, also try and find the little aeroplane to fly around. I stumbled across some sort of military base last night only to have the shit shot outta me for accidentally coming in the gate. Instant 4 stars.

Anyone played tennis yet? I only played one game but it was fairly good craic. Played a bird with big titties.

Didn't get much time to play but thought the tennis was shite. 'Activities' such as yoga and tennis you play once and never play again. Would have liked to have seen police vigilante missions, firefighter, drug wars, etc. Brilliant game though

Anyone got in a helicopter yet? Stumbled upon one as Michael yesterday and it was just wobbling all over the place when flying? Is that because of a flying stat that he probably hasn't got up?

nah but I will be getting stuck into that this evening after work. Wanna do that, also try and find the little aeroplane to fly around. I stumbled across some sort of military base last night only to have the shit shot outta me for accidentally coming in the gate. Instant 4 stars.

It's easy enough to find a plane at the airport, they are all over it (you cannot fly all of them though, of the bigger ones go for the one that resembles the Jumbo Jet, for smaller ones the Piper one is shite as it gets thrown about by the wind way too much but the small passenger one is extremely fun to fly). I flew over to the other airport which turned out to be military base and they destroyed my plane in no time. Those military bases have huge potential for stealth missions though, they are going to use it at some point too.

It's easy enough to find a plane at the airport, they are all over it (you cannot fly all of them though, of the bigger ones go for the one that resembles the Jumbo Jet, for smaller ones the Piper one is shite as it gets thrown about by the wind way too much but the small passenger one is extremely fun to fly). I flew over to the other airport which turned out to be military base and they destroyed my plane in no time. Those military bases have huge potential for stealth missions though, they are going to use it at some point too.

Sounds very slick indeed, I will be partaking in some of that this evening when I get in.
The military bases look like they have alot of potential. Getting in a stealing a tank and then going on a rampage.

Without spoilers (as i wont have this game until December 1st) who has returned from GTA IV? I heard the Lost Gang are back, Packie is back too I think.. Anyone else?
It's ironic that you're asking people to say this without spoilers but you're putting spoilers in yourself there.

Didn't get much time to play but thought the tennis was shite. 'Activities' such as yoga and tennis you play once and never play again. Would have liked to have seen police vigilante missions, firefighter, drug wars, etc. Brilliant game though

Are these not in the game at all?

The auto lock is completely different. It'll aim directly at an enemy initially but if the move it doesn't lock into them while they move as it did in GTA, but it's pointless anyway to be fair it's actually a lot more convenient having it all in your control.

The gun attachments makes combat a lot more interesting though.

The auto lock is completely different. It'll aim directly at an enemy initially but if the move it doesn't lock into them while they move as it did in GTA, but it's pointless anyway to be fair it's actually a lot more convenient having it all in your control.

The gun attachments makes combat a lot more interesting though.
I'll still go for manual if it's feasible.

It's ironic that you're asking people to say this without spoilers but you're putting spoilers in yourself there.

Spoilers where by the storyline is given away. Just knowing who is in it isn't really a spoiler is it?

You wouldn't go "hmm.. I fancy watching Titanic"
"Oh Leo Di Caprio is in that"
"Arrgh well now you've ruined it. feck"

Landing a plane on a strip is fecking hard.

At least they've made it realistic this time in that when you hit anything with a plane, it blows. In the past you could basically hit a building or fly it into the forest (be it a chopper in GTA IV or planes in San Andreas) and it'd still be usable.

Going to try and get a refund from PStore. They legally can't take my money for nothing.

The Chopper in the last one was an absolute fecktard to use. I literally bounced off building the whole time. Has anyone mastered the c******g thing?

I never did complete GTA4 for this reason. I got to the bit where you jumped from the motorbike onto the helicopter and every time I'd crash the helicopter into the water :lol:

I never did complete GTA4 for this reason. I got to the bit where you jumped from the motorbike onto the helicopter and every time I'd crash the helicopter into the water :lol:

I think there's always that ridiculously frustrating mission in every GTA that puts you off completing them.

Landing a plane on a strip is fecking hard.

I thought that first time, but just make sure that you hold LT/L2 down for quite a while before landing so that the propellers are hardly spinning.. If you slow down enough it's easy, just make sure you're straight which isn't hard.