Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Is this launching on tuesday in the UK? I heard on the radio the other day that they've done a survey and judging by previous years, they're expecting a lot of the male workforce to call in sick on wednesday, mainly due to the GTA release.

Um...wow.

lN4bxBt.jpg

All the comments from people on any leaked gameplay has been that both the PS3 and 360 versions are looking v good - smooth framerates, no noticeable pop-up, good draw distances etc.

So bring on Tuesday!!

Actually, Monday at midnight when I can pick it up!

All the leaked gameplay videos I've seen so far look like they've been recorded with a potato. I definitely wouldn't be one to judge the graphics on any of the ones I've come across.

From screenshots it looks immense though, hopefully the actual game looks something close to them.

Also remember what they said about all those lights actually being lights - so if you fly/drive towards a light in the distance, then you will actually see the same light when you get there - they aren't fake lights, like in GTA IV, if that makes sense.

All the leaked gameplay videos I've seen so far look like they've been recorded with a potato. I definitely wouldn't be one to judge the graphics on any of the ones I've come across.

From screenshots it looks immense though, hopefully the actual game looks something close to them.

:lol: agreed, but I think that the recordings would only make things appear worse than they are - not sure they would hide graphical issues.

Like the harsh snow that falls upon the seeds, thwarting their attempts to bring life... I'm not so easily forgiving.

shopto have taken my money now :) roll on Tuesday, this is the first weekend in years that I hope goes real quick

Just noticed that GameStop took my money this morning too , oh it's so on :D

From the recent leaks and new screenshots it looks absolutely phenomenal. My hype levels have gone up even more.

From the recent leaks and new screenshots it looks absolutely phenomenal. My hype levels have gone up even more.

Indeed. What do you make of the driving mechanics and damage to vehicles? a lot of people are giving out about them in comments, but I don't see a major problem.

Indeed. What do you make of the driving mechanics and damage to vehicles? a lot of people are giving out about them in comments, but I don't see a major problem.

I think if anyone was expecting Need For Speed / Burnout type levels of car damage then they were deluded. Maybe on PS4 GTA could make it like that but the PS3 is a very old system so it seems fine to me and I can't wait to wreck havoc in a tank killing and destroying everything. Again with the driving mechanics I usually adapt to pretty much any car game so I can't see that being a problem either.

One concern which is always a problem for pretty much every game that has in-game currency is what to do with it. High value items are property and planes but you get money for owning property. I believe you can play an in-game stock exchange which sounds cool but again that will probably just lead to yet more money with nothing to do with it.

I think if anyone was expecting Need For Speed / Burnout type levels of car damage then they were deluded. Maybe on PS4 GTA could make it like that but the PS3 is a very old system so it seems fine to me and I can't wait to wreck havoc in a tank killing and destroying everything. Again with the driving mechanics I usually adapt to pretty much any car game so I can't see that being a problem either.

One concern which is always a problem for pretty much every game that has in-game currency is what to do with it. High value items are property and planes but you get money for owning property. I believe you can play an in-game stock exchange which sounds cool but again that will probably just lead to yet more money with nothing to do with it.

Yeah same here. That was a major problem in GTA 4, a feck load of money by the end of the game but nothing much to spend it on. Hopefully Rockstar have realised this and give us a feeling that we'll always have money to burn. Be it on loads of pointless shit or not, just once the options are there.

I share the same opinion on the driving and damage. It's a GTA game at the end of the day, and if everything was too realistic, well then people would be moaning about that too! as they did with the last GTA.

Yeah same here. That was a major problem in GTA 4, a feck load of money by the end of the game but nothing much to spend it on. Hopefully Rockstar have realised this and give us a feeling that we'll always have money to burn. Be it on loads of pointless shit or not, just once the options are there.

I share the same opinion on the driving and damage. It's a GTA game at the end of the day, and if everything was too realistic, well then people would be moaning about that too! as they did with the last GTA.

I agree in the main but let's not forget that the name of the game is Grand Theft Auto and the original premise behind the entire series was nicking and driving cars. I know it's developed far beyond that now, but I really hope the driving mechanics are better than IV, where they were too floaty and skiddy, and the damage model is pretty robust.

I'm not watching any more spoilers after that. The game looks fantastic - I really can't wait. :D

Yeah got an email this morning saying its been dispatched. I feel like a kid again.

I remember when all this "it's amazing" stuff happened with that cowboy game Rockstar did, and then I played it and it was among the most boring experiences of my life. Up there with when Chelsea and Liverpool kept drawing each other in the Champions League.

Yeah I bought Red Dead Redemption last month as I never got round to playing it. It's impressive in its scale and atmosphere, but I know what you mean, I wouldn't say boring but it's certainly lacking something.

Noticed there was a redcafe crew, sent a request - is that for PS3 or 360. If there isn't one for 360 already is anyone interested in starting one up?

Noticed there was a redcafe crew, sent a request - is that for PS3 or 360. If there isn't one for 360 already is anyone interested in starting one up?

Its both atm, we're not sure if we should make separate ones, or if it even matters.

Its both atm, we're not sure if we should make separate ones, or if it even matters.

Yeah noticed it was a bit ambiguous. Seems like it'll be recognized on both...anyway, my request has been sent. Game looks superb, looking forward to Tuesday.

Referring to Red Dead Redemption, one of the best and most critically acclaimed games of this generation, as "that cowboy game" makes me sad. Also, GTA V seems in nearly every way to be on a different scale to RDR.

I remember when all this "it's amazing" stuff happened with that cowboy game Rockstar did, and then I played it and it was among the most boring experiences of my life. Up there with when Chelsea and Liverpool kept drawing each other in the Champions League.
Try Undead Nightmare, it's much better IMO. Played it first and after playing that the original is boring to me too.

And the "it's amazing" stuff happens with every big "AAA!!1" game. Sites like IGN embarrassing themselves and the inevitable 10/10 "Oscar worthy" reviews are pointless. Watch a couple of trailers etc and make up your own mind.

Dante are you Dante101?
Duffy, presume you're the one with Duff in his name?