Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

You lot preordered this? I never usually bother but sweet Jesus I think I'll need to. Dont really care about any of those swap deals where you can get it for free. Shopto I've heard are pretty good right?

I haven't pre-ordered, but am tempted.

I'm not a huge GTA fan though, but Vice City was excellent and San Andreas was impressive if a little boring. I think for me, the main thing missing from these is some kind of consequence for the big shit storms you can create, or at least a little more depth to that side of it. But I like the look of this one, especially the multiple characters and the way the missions could play out.

I haven't pre-ordered, but am tempted.

I'm not a huge GTA fan though, but Vice City was excellent and San Andreas was impressive if a little boring. I think for me, the main thing missing from these is some kind of consequence for the big shit storms you can create, or at least a little more depth to that side of it. But I like the look of this one, especially the multiple characters and the way the missions could play out.

What do you want?. Your character to be locked away in jail for a few weeks so that you cannot play it anymore? :lol:

What do you want?. Your character to be locked away in jail for a few weeks so that you cannot play it anymore? :lol:

I hope they make a GTA where when you die, the game is over and you need to go and buy a new copy.

Don't be stupid. Even if you lack a better idea, there's a lot of ways they can go, even neat little touches.

It's not been such an issue in previous games, but if they are getting more towards the gritty side it would be nice to have some kind of payoff for all the fun, alongside the standard cops/agents/army stuff.

We need a crew, we could run that shit!!!

We need a crew, we could run that shit!!!

Crew colours have to be red clearly... and ginger. Like mini Paul Scholes' running around kicking the shit out of people.

I've never been so excited about a game.

I didn't even realise how good San Andreas was until a year or two ago, because I was a kid but I can't contain myself with this one. Everything seems to have been polished up and sorted. Only thing I don't like is the Saints Row style aiming and gun selection but given all the positives, I'm not too concerned.

I don't think I'll be buying any other games this gen other than this, there is no point, it looks epic

I don't think I'll be buying any other games this gen other than this, there is no point, it looks epic

I think this game alone could delay a lot of people in purchasing a PS4 or Xbox One. If they were backwards compatible, then maybe different...but if you put this game alongside any of the next-gen launch titles...and it is looking way more impressive (not speaking visually, just overall).

image_308148_fit_940.jpg

Grove Street?

I think this game alone could delay a lot of people in purchasing a PS4 or Xbox One. If they were backwards compatible, then maybe different...but if you put this game alongside any of the next-gen launch titles...and it is looking way more impressive (not speaking visually, just overall).

Well visually it isn't far off either.

But yes, it does show that there's no need to purchase either of the new consoles at full price. I myself intend on watching how it all plays out and waiting for the inevitable price drop and game quality before jumping in.

Thanks for the answers, bunch of wankers. No wonder only nerds come in here. lolz.

Well you haven't exactly given much information out for anyone to advise you on how to spend a few hundred.

But as a general rule of thumb, multi-platform games tend to be a bit better on the 360. Though that trend has buckled a little lately. But mainly, look at the actual exclusives on each machine and decide what else is out there you want to play. Both have pretty much equal quality overall, but quite varied exclusives.

Were Microsoft given the DLC for GTA IV earlier than PS3 last year? I also think that on the 360 they are doing one disc for single player and another disc for the online game, i think that's what they said on IGN.

Well you haven't exactly given much information out for anyone to advise you on how to spend a few hundred.

But as a general rule of thumb, multi-platform games tend to be a bit better on the 360. Though that trend has buckled a little lately. But mainly, look at the actual exclusives on each machine and decide what else is out there you want to play. Both have pretty much equal quality overall, but quite varied exclusives.

Yeah, I keep hearing this but I can't decide. I can either get PS3 500GB+Last of Us, GTAV and Watchdogs for about 300 quid or
XBOX360 250GB+XBLive, GTAV and FIFA 14 for 270 quid. Does the extra game and and extra HD space make it worth the extra money?

Btw, I wasn't really calling yous all nerds or wankers, hence my white text. :)

EDIT: Also, is it true you couldn't play GTAV on a 4gb xbox as it needs at least 8gb hd space?

Yeah, I keep hearing this but I can't decide. I can either get PS3 500GB+Last of Us, GTAV and Watchdogs for about 300 quid or
XBOX360 250GB+XBLive, GTAV and FIFA 14 for 270 quid. Does the extra game and and extra HD space make it worth the extra money?

Btw, I wasn't really calling yous all nerds or wankers, hence my white text. :)

EDIT: Also, is it true you couldn't play GTAV on a 4gb xbox as it needs at least 8gb hd space?

Get PS3, all the exclusives it has will keep you busy for ages. Also, try getting it cheaper. I paid £150 for my 500GB, games are around £30 a piece.

About to pre-order from Tesco.. (PS3) £34.99.. unless it's cheaper anywhere else?

Thanks for the advice. What would you say is the best console for popping in a usb stick and watching a movie? Doesn't the 360 work better for that kind of thing?

I'm doing it on a PS3 on a regular basis and it works fine, sometimes it won't decode but usually it's all right. I had two 360s before but never used them for playing movies so won't comment. Don't you have one of those LCD TVs that have an USB slot in it anyway?

Either way PS3s gaming library is better. Just for the experience of Uncharted trilogy and the Last of Us it's worth getting it over Xbox.

I'm doing it on a PS3 on a regular basis and it works fine, sometimes it won't decode but usually it's all right. I had two 360s before but never used them for playing movies so won't comment. Don't you have one of those LCD TVs that have an USB slot in it anyway?

Either way PS3s gaming library is better. Just for the experience of Uncharted trilogy and the Last of Us it's worth getting it over Xbox.
Yeah, I have two but the one in my bedroom doesn't have usb slots and the other ones are too big for the bedroom.

Yeah, I have two but the one in my bedroom doesn't have usb slots and the other ones are too big for the bedroom.

PS3 should be fine for it and if you have any trouble with it you can get a cheap DVD player to compliment it, the ones that go for £20 are capable of playing any movie format these days.

I've had both. I had a PS for most of my life, but all my mates were on XBL, so I switched. In terms of value for money, Xbox was (is?) nailing it. It doesn't have a blu-ray player, but I don't have any blu-ray discs.

The exclusive titles that I came across for PS3 were far superior though. Loads of Xboxers wanked over Gears of War, which I enjoyed, but resistance was a much better game for me. Playing in co-op mode over the christmas I got it with my cousin, turned out to be one of the best I played. Then there's Uncharted. I only got to play the first two but they were both probably 10/10 games.

In short, if you've got the money, and won't miss XBL, and you've never played the above titles, get a PS3. Though the controller's pretty tough to get used to after the 360.