Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Totally agree but the suggestions here are completely boring. GTA should be about fun, first and foremost.

I think those suggestions were tongue in cheek jokes. Anyway, like you say we all want it to be fun. I don't want to see UFO's because it would be ridiculous, but the game looks like it's going to have a very good balance anyway.

There is a balance to be found, too much stupidity can lead to stupid games like The Saints Row.

GTA to me has been about meshing fun, interesting characters, funny nuances(like radio chats and brands etc.), exploring and the interesting storylines/threads.

I like that there is better customisation of cars again. Wonder if we will be able to put little gadgets on them.

It's actually quite good. Mind you I've been playing it on an iPad. It's literally exactly the same as it was on console. Nothing like going on a random taxi rampage for about forty minutes taking on the military only to flip your car over and into the water.

I like that there is better customisation of cars again. Wonder if we will be able to put little gadgets on them.

Customization options include new body kits, wheels, exhaust tips, tinted windows, paint jobs and paint finishes, extra lights and even the color of smoke off a vehicle's tires. Players will be able to make changes that will affect gameplay and vehicle performance, with more than 1,000 modifications to choose from — suspension, different horns, bulletproof tires, panel armor and tweaks to the engine are all on the table. Customized cars can also be photographed using players' in-game cell phone and uploaded to Grand Theft Auto 5's Social Club feature.
That sounds like NFS: Underground levels of customisation.

Would be a waste of my time, when ever i get a car sprayed in previous GTA games, i always end up crashing it into something a minute later. Mainly several pedestrians...

Would be a waste of my time, when ever i get a car sprayed in previous GTA games, i always end up crashing it into something a minute later. Mainly several pedestrians...

same. It was always a case of spend 10 minutes modifying everything about he car, drive out the garage and walk away from the smoking wreck a few minutes later

I haven't played a GTA game since GTA3 on PS2. In regards to stealing Police cars, is it still as simple as pulling on the locked passenger door handle before running around to the driver side and jumping in whilst the copper gets out and runs around the opposite direction with the intention of apprehending you?

All this car customisation stuff looks great and all, but I think the question on everyone's mind is "is that cheat from San Andreas that makes the bike jump several times higher coming back?"

I haven't played a GTA game since GTA3 on PS2. In regards to stealing Police cars, is it still as simple as pulling on the locked passenger door handle before running around to the driver and jumping in whilst the copper gets out and runs around the opposite direction with the attention of apprehending you?

Yes pretty much

And who buys GTA to arse about customizing cars? Waste of time. get out there and kill something

Why not? Yeah, Gta is a great game to piss about on but one of the best things about it is that you can have the serious side to it aswell.

Maybe for a mission. Might be good to get boosts and bulletproof tyres.

Really like that they are using the Max Payne 3 shooting mechanics and covering system, that was a blast to play.

But would anyone seriously spend ££££'s modifying a car that they're in all likelihood going to soon be driving into the sea?

I use to have a car to take my bird around in as they didn't like old bangers and I think your rating went up if you treated them well, which was handy for achievements. Plus if I was exploring randomly it was nice to look flashy because I could. Especially with money cheats you can modify with no worry of running out.

They could make it like in Saints Row, when you modify a car it gets added to your garage and you can retrieve it if you lose it. If it costs some money for the repair they get the realism bit whilst allowing us to feel the customization worth it's time. It wasn't in San Andreas.

If you like customizing cars.......why not customize a car? GTA should be escapism, doing things you would never do in the real world.

I'm tempted to make this the first game I've bought at launch in years. Really excited by it.

No real news, so I'll just post this

And this why not

Anyone think this can top the last of us ? Different type of game, and I've loved gta for years but I don't see this kind of game matching that kind of impact. Maybe this is just a temporary feeling after completing a brilliant game.

same. It was always a case of spend 10 minutes modifying everything about he car, drive out the garage and walk away from the smoking wreck a few minutes later

:lol:

Maybe in this one you'll be able to buy a garage or manufacturer or something like that, with customised cars that can be saved and purchased over and over when you inevitably wreck them. That'd be quality.

I'm not actually that impressed by the size.

Obvious jokes inbound.

I agree with that, the way the map is set out makes it look quite small. There is only one central hub, and a large surrounding area. In San Andreas however the map was really divided into three cities, making it seem huge. After at least 10 hours of gameplay (probably a lot more including a lot of mucking about), I finally got to leave Los Santos which had seemed difficult to navigate by itself, to discover the rest of the huge map.

gtasa_empty_map.jpg
Still I think the map will be satisfyingly large.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Anyone think this can top the last of us ? Different type of game, and I've loved gta for years but I don't see this kind of game matching that kind of impact. Maybe this is just a temporary feeling after completing a brilliant game.

It'll be hard to compare them. TLOU's characters and story interested me more than any videogame I've ever played, plus it had brilliant gameplay. I'm sure I'll have shitloads of fun from playing GTAV but I don't think I'll care about the story and characters a fraction as much as I did in TLOU. It'll be interesting to see which game wins the most awards at the end of the year. I'm assuming that they're going to be the big two competing for them, unless I've forgotten some.

I agree on Just Cause 2's map. It was gigantic, but there's very little to it.

It'll be hard to compare them. TLOU's characters and story interested me more than any videogame I've ever played, plus it had brilliant gameplay. I'm sure I'll have shitloads of fun from playing GTAV but I don't think I'll care about the story and characters a fraction as much as I did in TLOU. It'll be interesting to see which game wins the most awards at the end of the year. I'm assuming that they're going to be the big two competing for them, unless I've forgotten some.

I agree on Just Cause 2's map. It was gigantic, but there's very little to it.
I reckon it's a three way between last of us, bioshock and gta5. But I just feel last of us has pushed the envelope and am skeptical of whether I'll still be enjoying games like gta as much now. Maybe I will, but I have a feeling I might be looking for THAT kind of story telling quality in everything I play. Hopefully not and I can have a blast with this like I've done with every gta so far.