Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

This will shit all over TLOU. Do some of you even watch great shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire or Game of Thrones or do you just lap up cliched zombie/apocalypse story lines. "Will have a hard time matching the impact of TLOU's story and characters" give me a break. This is practically nailed on best game of this generation.

This will shit all over TLOU. Do some of you even watch great shows like Breaking Bad, The Wire or Game of Thrones or do you just lap up cliched zombie/apocalypse story lines. "Will have a hard time matching the impact of TLOU's story and characters" give me a break. This is practically nailed on best game of this generation.
I played a bit of the walking dead. It was crap. You sound like a gta fanboi.

I am watching breaking bad right now, and the fact that you're comparing it to a highly rated shows how good tlou was. I love the gta series but you can't go around comparing the corny story of gta games with highly acclaimed stuff. No one plays gta for the stories really.

I played a bit of the walking dead. It was crap. You sound like a gta fanboi.

I am watching breaking bad right now, and the fact that you're comparing it to a highly rated shows how good tlou was. I love the gta series but you can't go around comparing the corny story of gta games with highly acclaimed stuff. No one plays gta for the stories really.

I am a GTA fanboi. Was very disappointed with IV. I think they'll correct their mistakes they made in that game.

I am a GTA fanboi. Was very disappointed with IV. I think they'll correct their mistakes they made in that game.
I'm a big fan of the series too. Doesn't mean one can't appreciate different kinds of games though.

I liked gta4. Not everyone liked the gritty realistic take but I liked the Niko much more than the other leads. The story of San Andreas was far better though.

I've just preordered my copy through gamestop, looking forward to sending them my 2 games and getting a £35 refund.

I'm a big fan of the series too. Doesn't mean one can't appreciate different kinds of games though.

I liked gta4. Not everyone liked the gritty realistic take but I liked the Niko much more than the other leads. The story of San Andreas was far better though.

I thought the gameplay was the best part of SA and a lot of the storyline was fairly average. Because CJ was a street criminal the story at that part was decent enough, but the stuff with the hippies and plane flying and everything I thought was nonsense. Fun nonsense though, obviously.

On the other hand, I thought GTA IV's storyline was much better. Found the characters to be better. The criminal world was a lot more realistic and detailed too, and the way the three DLC's all inter-weaved at certain points showed the extreme detail they'd put into it. It lacked the sheer fun and over the top side of SA, but was great to play in it's own right. When I went back and replayed it a lot of the missions were quite repetitive, but the story itself was brilliant and had some far better characters.

I loved IV. I loved Niko. I loved the grittiness of the game. I loved how realistic the storyline was compared to some aspects of San Andreas.

In saying that, I'm delighted that V is going to be based in San Andreas again. The variety of landscape there was breathtaking.

Even after watching the vid on the last page, it still doesn't look as big as everyone is making out. Red Dead seemed huge because you had to travel on a horse so being bigger than that isn't actually that impressive

There isn't much I like about GTA4 so I won't comment on that. CJ's story is "alright", not as good as Vice City, but then San Andreas was totally not about the story. The whole world is out there, slowly being revealed like your first girlfriends body. It may take a while, but eventually the soft, curved hills and the sweet and succulent, err, planes, become accessible.

Replaying SA, that's the most annoying thing. The first bit stuck in Los Santos is a game by itself, But SA becomes amazing when that gets out the way. Just like your first girlfriend, it was interesting taking your time to get to know SA, but you don't want to go through that to get to the good bit again.

Compared to the "stories" games though, SA has loads of freedom, even in missions, whereas the "stories" are a bit too linear with too many set plays.

This is the first time I've pre ordered a game since forever. I'm officially excited.

A question for anyone who has pre-ordered with that deal from Gamespot: when do they take the money from you? Is it after dispatch or as soon as you place the order?

Just over a month away. I pre-ordered with Shopto so I am hoping I receive it a day early. The gameplay trailer is spectacular.

I'm pretty much gonna have to write off about a month of my life after this comes out.

Still havent pre-ordered. It's going to be so good. Just don't know whether I should.

I loved IV. I loved Niko. I loved the grittiness of the game. I loved how realistic the storyline was compared to some aspects of San Andreas.

In saying that, I'm delighted that V is going to be based in San Andreas again. The variety of landscape there was breathtaking.

Totally agree with this. It's one of my favourite games ever. I love the gameplay, the city, the realism, and Niko is an excellent lead character, miles more developed than the likes of CJ and Tommy Vercetti.

I think Rockstar made IV like they wanted it to be, but they will listen to the fans and V will probably be a healthy middle ground between the scope/amplitude of San Andreas and the depth of IV.

Both DLC's were better games then IV and had better protagonists then Niko in my opinion...

Also, I won't have a bad word against hard-man, sociopath, business tycoon and all round lunatic Tommy Vercetti... the man is a hero.

IV was the shittest one they ever did. Niko was wank.

...but the engine and physics were fantastic, the graphics were 100 times better than San Andreas too. Although there was very little to do after the game was complete (where SA's endless activities excelled) - I love GTAIV just for sense of realism when you bust somebody in the face with a bat, or get hit by a car. The crashing phsyics, shooting physics, fighting physics etc etc all made it a great game for me.

I enjoyed IV but not having much to do once you'd finished all the missions was pants. I was surprised they let that happen as if they ran out of ideas / interest. I enjoyed the Gritty, dark feel to the game too. Gave it a depraved atmosphere

BReEH6ACAAILV38.jpg

I used to love just cruising around listening to the radio. Is it still as good in the newer versions?

Yes, I'd say it is still very amusing - the radio in GTA is like a parody of all that is wrong with modern America. They play up to the American stereotypes, with serious sounding commercials that advertise things like 'genetically modified babies overnight', aphrodisiac deodrants, gun ads, sexism, booze, then there are the talk shows with right-wing evangelicals arguing about politics with crazy anti-government conspiracy theorists.

The music is pretty good too, only in GTA2 it was all stuff that people hadn't heard of, songs that were recorded specificially for the game. Now they use real music too, you'll be listening to LibertyRock FM and Smashing Pumpkins will come on.

Here's a good vid with a bunch of the funniest adverts:

Yes, I'd say it is still very amusing - the radio in GTA is like a parody of all that is wrong with modern America. They play up to the American stereotypes, with serious sounding commercials that advertise things like 'genetically modified babies overnight', aphrodisiac deodrants, gun ads, sexism, booze, then there are the talk shows with right-wing evangelicals arguing about politics with crazy anti-government conspiracy theorists.

The music is pretty good too, only in GTA2 it was all stuff that people hadn't heard of, songs that were recorded specificially for the game. Now they use real music too, you'll be listening to LibertyRock FM and Smashing Pumpkins will come on.

Here's a good vid with a bunch of the funniest adverts:

Brilliant! I'm really looking forward to playing the new one

This thread is edging me to pre-order.

Do others agree that GTA5 looks like the best game ever? It looks like it carries (and improves on) the amazing realistic graphics from GTA IV and incorporates an equally amazing storyline as VC and SA?

I hope this marks a break in the usual trend of this series. I've always loved gta, it's been one of my favorite game series' but too little has changed over the years in the basic game.

On a more specific note, I hope they work big time on the overall movement and control over your character. I tried playing gta iv again awhile back and it hit me how damn weirdly your character moves.

I hope this marks a break in the usual trend of this series. I've always loved gta, it's been one of my favorite game series' but too little has changed over the years in the basic game.

On a more specific note, I hope they work big time on the overall movement and control over your character. I tried playing gta iv again awhile back and it hit me how damn weirdly your character moves.

Looking at the trailer, play Max Payne 3 and i guess the mechanics will be very similar.