Gaming Grand Theft Auto V | 2022: GTA+ (monthly GTA Online subscription) announced exclusively for PS5/Xbox Series

Would not get Watch Dogs for the PS3, or 360. The current gen footage looks terrible.

Cheapest (£) place to pre-order from?

About to pre-order from Tesco.. (PS3) £34.99.. unless it's cheaper anywhere else?

xmuZScP.jpg

I'm about to buy my first game in 2 years. I need guidance.

Think I'll get Watchdogs as my first PS4 purchase, which will be when GTA V is no longer keeping me occupied.

So probably next summer.

When it comes to games like GTA, Fifa or the Elder Scrolls, I couldn't care less about locating a place/website I can get them the cheapest. I know I'm guaranteed to get months and months out of them, so I tend to just pay whatever it takes at my local Gamestop.

Is that game deal still going where you swap in 2 older games and get it for dirt cheap?

I'm going to go down to my local Tesco and pick it up a midnight. Got my store discount too. :)

Thanks for the advice. What would you say is the best console for popping in a usb stick and watching a movie? Doesn't the 360 work better for that kind of thing?
PS3 is better for that IMO. Might be that I'm just used to it more, but I found watching videos off a USB hard drive a bit more complicated compared to doing it on the PS3.

PS3 is better for that IMO. Might be that I'm just used to it more, but I found watching videos off a USB hard drive a bit more complicated compared to doing it on the PS3.
Cheers Olly.
Very good choice, I commend you sir.
Honestly, you are one of the main reasons I chose the PS3. I didn't want to disappoint you.

Just preordered, very pricey at 60 euro, but intend to trade in against it so shouldn't be too bad.

Right, now, get a decent DLNA server set up on your PC and you're ready to go.
PS3 Media Server?
Weaste is on commission. You've added to his gin fund. You are an enabler!
Weaste is a genius. Maybe an evil genius but still a genius.
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/preorder-ps3-500gb-last-gta-v-for-209-86-shopto-1632270

I know expired. But keep a look out for deals like that closer to launch.
The missus wanted me to order it off Very because there was stuff she wanted off it too. I've probably slightly overpaid but still.

Achievement list leaked. Online play looks like it's going to even more amazing than i thought. Co-driver in a rally! :lol:

Solid Gold, Baby! (50 points) - Earn 70 Gold Medals on Missions and Strangers and Freaks.
Career Criminal (100 points) - Attain 100% Game Completion.
San Andreas Sightseer (30 points) - Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.
All's Fare in Love and War (10 points) - Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare.
TP Industries Arms Race (10 points) - Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race.
Multi-Disciplined (30 points) - Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.
From Beyond the Stars (15 points) - Collect and return all spaceship parts.
A Mystery, Solved (15 points) - Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.
Waste Management (15 points) - Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste.
Red Mist (20 points) - Complete all Rampages.
Show Off (30 points) - Complete all Stunt Jumps.
Kifflom! (30 points) - Complete your path to enlightenment… or not.
Three Man Army (20 points) - Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission.
Out of Your Depth (5 points) - You're gonna need a bigger boat…
Altruist Acolyte (5 points) - Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.
A Lot of Cheddar (20 points) - Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters.
Trading Pure Alpha (10 points) - Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market.
Pimp My Sidearm (10 points) - Fully mod a weapon.
Wanted: Alive Or Alive (10 points) - Deliver a bail bond target alive.
Los Santos Customs (10 points) - Fully mod a vehicle.
Close Shave (20 points) - Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges.
Off the Plane (5 points) - GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
Three-Bit Gangster (10 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
Making Moves (30 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
Above the Law (80 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
Numero Uno (20 points) - GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
The Midnight Club (20 points) - GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
Unnatural Selection (20 points) - GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
Backseat Driver (10 points) - GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
Run Like The Wind (20 points) - GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.
Clean Sweep (10 points) - GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
Decorated (50 points) - GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
Stick Up Kid (10 points) - GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
Enjoy Your Stay (20 points) - GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
Crew Cut (5 points) - GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
Full Refund (10 points) - GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
Dialling Digits (5 points) - GTA Online: Call for gang backup for the first time.
American Dream (10 points) - GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.

Also read that they're going to be looking to add new content all the time, so the world will get bigger and bigger...Crazy.

Achievement list leaked. Online play looks like it's going to even more amazing than i thought. Co-driver in a rally! :lol:

Solid Gold, Baby! (50 points) - Earn 70 Gold Medals on Missions and Strangers and Freaks.
Career Criminal (100 points) - Attain 100% Game Completion.
San Andreas Sightseer (30 points) - Explore all of Los Santos and Blaine County.
All's Fare in Love and War (10 points) - Purchase Downtown Cab Co. and complete a private fare.
TP Industries Arms Race (10 points) - Purchase McKenzie Field Hangar and win the arms race.
Multi-Disciplined (30 points) - Attain a gold medal in all applicable hobbies and pastimes.
From Beyond the Stars (15 points) - Collect and return all spaceship parts.
A Mystery, Solved (15 points) - Solve the mystery of Leonora Johnson.
Waste Management (15 points) - Purchase the old dock and collect all nuclear waste.
Red Mist (20 points) - Complete all Rampages.
Show Off (30 points) - Complete all Stunt Jumps.
Kifflom! (30 points) - Complete your path to enlightenment… or not.
Three Man Army (20 points) - Survive 3 minutes on at least a 3 star Wanted Level with all three characters together off mission.
Out of Your Depth (5 points) - You're gonna need a bigger boat…
Altruist Acolyte (5 points) - Deliver an unsuspecting victim to the Altruist Cult.
A Lot of Cheddar (20 points) - Spend a total of $200 million across all three characters.
Trading Pure Alpha (10 points) - Make a profit over your total investments in the stock market.
Pimp My Sidearm (10 points) - Fully mod a weapon.
Wanted: Alive Or Alive (10 points) - Deliver a bail bond target alive.
Los Santos Customs (10 points) - Fully mod a vehicle.
Close Shave (20 points) - Complete all Under the Bridge and Knife Flight challenges.
Off the Plane (5 points) - GTA Online: Complete the Introduction.
Three-Bit Gangster (10 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 25.
Making Moves (30 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 50.
Above the Law (80 points) - GTA Online: Reach Rank 100.
Numero Uno (20 points) - GTA Online: Obtain first place in all competitive game types.
The Midnight Club (20 points) - GTA Online: Use custom vehicles to win 5 races.
Unnatural Selection (20 points) - GTA Online: Complete all 10 waves of a Survival.
Backseat Driver (10 points) - GTA Online: Direct a driver to 1st place as co-driver in Rally Mode.
Run Like The Wind (20 points) - GTA Online: Survive for a day with a Bounty on your head.
Clean Sweep (10 points) - GTA Online: Finish a Gang Attack without dying and kill at least 10 enemies.
Decorated (50 points) - GTA Online: Earn 30 Platinum Awards.
Stick Up Kid (10 points) - GTA Online: Hold up all 20 Stores.
Enjoy Your Stay (20 points) - GTA Online: Participate in everything Los Santos has to offer.
Crew Cut (5 points) - GTA Online: Complete a Job as a member of a Crew.
Full Refund (10 points) - GTA Online: Kill the thief that mugged you.
Dialling Digits (5 points) - GTA Online: Call for gang backup for the first time.
American Dream (10 points) - GTA Online: Own an Apartment, Garage and an Insured Vehicle.

Also read that they're going to be looking to add new content all the time, so the world will get bigger and bigger...Crazy.

Current gen of consoles wouldn't let them do that I don't think. It'd have to be DLC.

Current gen of consoles wouldn't let them do that I don't think. It'd have to be DLC.

Did Skyrim updates add anything or did they just fix bugs and such?

So what's the story with GTA:Online? Is it a part of GTA:V or totally different?

I'm pretty sure you get to create your own multiplayer character and then play around the GTA V world as that character in online game modes.

EDIT: Also this article which tells you a bit more: http://www.computerandvideogames.co...north-president-leslie-benzies-on-gta-online/

Has anyone else got this kind of strange feeling about this game, that it looks amazing, and you can't wait to get started - but, in some ways it looks like too much information to unravel?

You want to do everything and see everything in the game, but you've no idea where you'll start?

I think it's just that I'm keen to get started, I'm not even really a gamer much these days, but I'm genuinely worried about losing hours and hours of my social life over this.

Don't know about the other updates, but they did release one DLC called Dragonborn, which added an entire island/story/quests to the game.

Yeah, there was various DLC like that but there were also updates sometimes when you went onto the game, i think they must have just been patches though.

Has anyone else got this kind of strange feeling about this game, that it looks amazing, and you can't wait to get started - but, in some ways it looks like too much information to unravel?

You want to do everything and see everything in the game, but you've no idea where you'll start?

I think it's just that I'm keen to get started, I'm not even really a gamer much these days, but I'm genuinely worried about losing hours and hours of my social life over this.

hopefully it'll just be like pre-IV for that, where you complete the missions in between hundreds of hours of messing around.

Personally i think it looks great, but with everything they've got included and how big the world is, 16 player limit is far to small.

Personally i think it looks great, but with everything they've got included and how big the world is, 16 player limit is far to small.

When you first start playing Online, will you have anything to start with, any stats that will carry over from the single-player game?
There's a character creation system, so you'll create a new character to start with. But, no, none of your stats, as the three guys in GTA V, (will carry over). Again, this speaks to the difference between the two: the world of Grand Theft Auto Online is set slightly before the events of GTA V, and so while it shares some of its experiences and it shares characters, the stats are all separate.
They're all separate, yeah. Each character has his own set of stats, and as you create your character, depending on what you're creating, your stats will be different.
So Michael, Trevor and Franklin don't exist within GTA Online?
We've got to be careful for story spoilers. (Laughs)
Okay. When you start GTA Online, you presumably begin with no money. So what are your first steps in the game to get things moving?
In traditional GTA style, you'll be taken on a journey through the first few missions of the game, just to give you a feel for it. We'll have the usual Rockstar help, to keep you on the straight and narrow all the way through. So, it'll be a nice, hopefully well-paced introduction to the game. There's a lot for people to learn, so we don't want to just throw you into the world. You're not just going in and playing deathmatches.

16 player may seem small for things like deathmatch, but it looks like it is going to be like a whole game in itself and there will more than likely be a lot of content you can do with only a few people.

When you first start playing Online, will you have anything to start with, any stats that will carry over from the single-player game?
There's a character creation system, so you'll create a new character to start with. But, no, none of your stats, as the three guys in GTA V, (will carry over). Again, this speaks to the difference between the two: the world of Grand Theft Auto Online is set slightly before the events of GTA V, and so while it shares some of its experiences and it shares characters, the stats are all separate.
They're all separate, yeah. Each character has his own set of stats, and as you create your character, depending on what you're creating, your stats will be different.
So Michael, Trevor and Franklin don't exist within GTA Online?
We've got to be careful for story spoilers. (Laughs)
Okay. When you start GTA Online, you presumably begin with no money. So what are your first steps in the game to get things moving?
In traditional GTA style, you'll be taken on a journey through the first few missions of the game, just to give you a feel for it. We'll have the usual Rockstar help, to keep you on the straight and narrow all the way through. So, it'll be a nice, hopefully well-paced introduction to the game. There's a lot for people to learn, so we don't want to just throw you into the world. You're not just going in and playing deathmatches.

16 player may seem small for things like deathmatch, but it looks like it is going to be like a whole game in itself and there will more than likely be a lot of content you can do with only a few people.

16 is ok for death match. But when your exploring the world, have all these missions, meeting people to do random activities could have more players in that huge world.