Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Anyone else having random freezing problems since 1.07? My son has had 2 whilst playing in arcade mode over the last hour and a half on London and Monaco respectively. It's not the PS3 itself, as you can press the PS button to go to the XMB and quit the game and restart, they must have introduced a bug somewhere. Maybe I should clean my HDD up and get rid of some of the bloody TV my wife has been recording.

haven't noticed any but I've not played arcade at all so it might be arcade specific. I was doing the X1 challenge and didn't have any freezing issues

Weaste I have sent you a gift, courtesy of services rendered to the Gran Turismo 5 RedCafe thread.

A lad who works with my mate left his playstation on so that he could use the new remote B-spec feature but when he tried to log in he couldn't get it to work and then when he got home the playstation had turned itself off. When he switched it back on he had the dreaded yellow light.

Almost certainly a total coincidence, but it's put me off the idea of trying the remote B-spec so thought I'd mention it here and let you guys know.

Right, not been playing this as much as I should (change of circumstances mean I'm not on the 'Station as much as I'd like!).

So, anyone here be interested in buying a wheel stand pro and Logitech Driving Force GT?

All works perfect (not far off new) but isn't getting used and is just taking up space and gathering dust, will be boshing it up on eBay but thought I would offer it up here (I'm Manchester city centre BTW)...

Graphically the game has some quibbles, but generally yes, in 1080p it is stunning. The lighting is something else at times.

:drool:

It's unreal. The subtleness in the change of light, the elongated shadows as the sun sets and sharper reflections from the low sun. They really really got that spot on. Most impressive part of the game for me.

Anyone want a Vettel X1? Todays the last chance with the gift restriction temporarily lifted. Willing to take anything I don't have in return, no matter on price or ofcourse a chrome paint.

are you still looking for chrome paint? got one named 'silver chrome' if that's the one you're after.

are you still looking for chrome paint? got one named 'silver chrome' if that's the one you're after.

Does it show up under the chrome tab of the list? You can narrow the paint down to type and if it is then that would be the one I am after yes. The reason I ask is there are a couple of paints that have chrome in the title but arn't actually chrome.

I swear the B-Spec drivers should have a 'retard' bar alongside 'accuracy' and 'cornering' etc so we can gauge just how retarded they are. I'm tryin to do the historic racing car cup in Monaco and every single time my driver will pass someone through or coming out of the tunnel and then turn in for the chicane too early, hit the wall and lose a whole bunch of places! It's driving me bloody mental!

On a more positive note I got the 'Human Stopwatch' trophy last night which is 'complete three consecutive laps with times within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time' :cool:

So is this basically the same game as the original GT? I was such a big fan of that, best racing game ever IMO. But since then they basically used new engines and never bothered doing anything else with the game.

So?

I swear the B-Spec drivers should have a 'retard' bar alongside 'accuracy' and 'cornering' etc so we can gauge just how retarded they are. I'm tryin to do the historic racing car cup in Monaco and every single time my driver will pass someone through or coming out of the tunnel and then turn in for the chicane too early, hit the wall and lose a whole bunch of places! It's driving me bloody mental!

On a more positive note I got the 'Human Stopwatch' trophy last night which is 'complete three consecutive laps with times within 0.2 seconds of the Best Lap Time' :cool:

Try doing the NASCAR with them. :mad::mad::mad:

Try doing the NASCAR with them. :mad::mad::mad:

Not looking forward to that, NASCAR annoys me enough on A-Spec, it's a total lottery on the oval tracks with the stupid bloody drafting that goes on, doesn't actually matter how well you drive.

yeah that's really annoying. there's some good guides to go with around those
but basically you spend the whole track telling them to speed up until they hit the tunnel then you tell'em to decrease pace.

also the penultimate corner (final chicane) before the pit straight they tend to hit the wall/spin there

Yea he hit that wall a few times too. I got silver but that was after taking the lead and then spinning out on the last lap to let the Chaperelle back through. I've spat my dummy out with that race for now, doing some long ones in the red bull to rack up points.

Not looking forward to that, NASCAR annoys me enough on A-Spec, it's a total lottery on the oval tracks with the stupid bloody drafting that goes on, doesn't actually matter how well you drive.

Exactly. Can they draft? Can they feck. Then the one on the tracks even, the feckers just burn their tires all the time speeding up and turning etc and they blow out and then lose, or come in to change tyres and lose. Wankers.

That sounds well annoying!

'kerplunk' from the newbies - thanks for your PM, I tried to reply but your inbox is full you numpty!

Leg-end, you getting in on this?

Sony has listed the names of the 32 finalists of the US GT Academy tournament that will go on to compete for the chance to become a real-life racing driver.

"During the National Finals Event in Orlando, the contestants will be divided into groups of four and will race in a series of live head-to-head races in Gran Turismo 5," Sony explains.

"Racing select Nissan vehicles, contestants with the fewest points at the end of each round will be eliminated until only the fastest 16 remain. The 16 finalists will advance to Phase Two of GT Academy, where they will compete against each other in a series of challenges, including going behind-the-wheel of real Nissan race cars."

The winner will join a real racing team and train towards their debut in a major endurance race.

Here are the finalists going to Orlando (in no particular order):

Carl Posey, Christopher Morton, Emerson Trimble, Ryan Gordon, Damian Gosztyla, Sean Johnston, Steve Driscoll, Brian Rice, Tom Carstensen, Kris Norris, Nick Fontana, Iliya Bridan, Connor Clifford, Kyong Oh, Gregory Russell, Darryl Sutherland, Christopher Roberts, Jason Miller, Matthew Wright, Phillip Arscott, Landon Harrison, Brett Jones, Glenn McGee Howle, John Wilding, Nick Tenhulzen, Jose Sebastian Cedeno, Andre Gomes, Rich Pratt, James Edwards, Bryan Heitkotter, Derek Dalton, and Brock Harrison.

The second European GT Academy tournament started on March 4. You'd better have been getting those times in already.

CVG

Nah, I mean I think I'm fast but I ain't fast enough or dedicated enough to ever get the very top times, the same reason when I'm sim racing I'm always a points/podium finisher instead of regular winner.

Finished the 24hr Circuit de la Sarthe last night, best lap at 2:17 although it gets hard to keep concentrated. I had four consecutive laps of 2:19 and lower which I was pretty chuffed about.

How many nights did you do that over? Did you have to do the full 24hrs or does using the X1 and putting in such fast laps reduce the overall time you need to spend on it?

How many nights did you do that over? Did you have to do the full 24hrs or does using the X1 and putting in such fast laps reduce the overall time you need to spend on it?

Oh, I spent weeks on it. Using the X1 enables you to for instance take a break while a football match is on without pressing pause. So you won't need to do 24 hours but I'm not sure how many hours you need to drive.

haven't logged on for a while now... has the save function been enabled yet?

I'm having a funny issue again after 1.09. After a race in arcade mode, if you let the replay run for too long, then the start and select buttons cease to function, you have to quit the game, PS button has no problem bringing up the XMB, quit, restart, and then the buttons work again. Very odd!

I got bored of this game very early as compared to other Gran Turismos. I still pick it up every now and again but I don't have the will to spend the ammount of hours I thought I would spend. The new GT mode doesn't cut it to me in comparison to the previous...

I could play it all day if I had the time. My son is getting seriously good now on arcade mode at the most advanced level, posting lap times of not much more than 5 or 6 seconds more than me. The F1 car on the seasonal events though is a total disaster for him, so there's lots to learn. :D

I was gonna platinum this until it got insanely boring racing around the same events in the same cars for hours.

That should help then, but still they completly messed up the experience system on this game on its initial release.