Gaming Gran Turismo 5

F2007 sent to Leaster, forgot the gifting thing resets at midnight.

I have won/purchased/traded for them, I only have 1 copy of each in most cases but by exploiting the gift system I can send them to people but not lose my own version of it. All you gotta do is save the data, back it up to memory stick, send the car, delete the new save and replace with the one you backed up. I'm only doing it to because the grind involved in getting F1 cars is pretty stupid for a car that until the new seasonal event showed up was practically useless.

Very clever!

Yea, I was shocked when I went to A-spec and it told me I could only use the F2007 in one make races specifically for that car, if I'd saved up and spunked £12m on that I'd be very pissed off!

Even if they didn't want them going round with other cars it'd be nice to be able to drive the thing around more than the 3 or 4 tracks on that season event.

Because it's a real car, it probably has something to do with the licensing arrangement where Ferrari don't want their F1 cars going around a track with Zondas.

if that were the case I would have thought ferrari just wouldn't let them have the car in the game.

I think the negative spin on this is much worse than if ferrari didn't have the F1 cars at all.

it's abit of a shame but I guess seasonal races will keep things interesting

Is the new Focus RS or even RS500 in this game? I've seen the old Focus RS pop up and the ST is available in new dealership. Need to find a car to use for the classic race in expert races also, the dodge fully tuned can't handle that Toyota thing and I can't find that plus the GT40 is too dear.

my mate did it in the buick special '67 fully modded

I did it by getting the toyota 7 via b-spec

my mate did it in the buick special '67 fully modded

I did it by getting the toyota 7 via b-spec

Nice one, cheers for the suggestion, will have another look at it when I get a chance. Also cheers to Kerplunk in the newbies who sent me a PM with a few pointers also.
thumb.gif

F2007 sent to Leaster, forgot the gifting thing resets at midnight.

I have won/purchased/traded for them, I only have 1 copy of each in most cases but by exploiting the gift system I can send them to people but not lose my own version of it. All you gotta do is save the data, back it up to memory stick, send the car, delete the new save and replace with the one you backed up. I'm only doing it to because the grind involved in getting F1 cars is pretty stupid for a car that until the new seasonal event showed up was practically useless.

thanks mate received
can't wait to take it for a spin this w/e

GT5 has just been updated with 300MB 1.06 update, adding multiples of features and changes that drastically expands and changes the game.

The list is huge, the updates and functionalities goes beyond usual, with major additions in game options, game structure and possibilities.

Most important are final inclusion of GT Anywhere function (remote B-Spec racing), AI revamp, XP/Cr revamp, usage of Course Maker courses online, PP points return (for online) and multiple fixes for online features.

Technically, most important feature is addition of multiscreen setup, with option to connect up to 5 screens for +170 degree of FOW.

Official list does not mention included and visible improvements in graphics, sound improvements and many small touches (such as mark for cars already purchased, etc.)

Full official list of changes:

[Major Changes and New Features]
・Remote Racing
On the bottom left of the [GT Mode] - [Community] screen, [Remote Races] have been added.
You can combine the "My Driver" of you and your friends to start a fully automatic B-Spec race, to gain rewards and experience.
For details please see section 8-4 [Remote Races] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu and also the new "Remote Race" page in the GT5 product in+I3formation section on gran-tursimo.com.

・Remote Racing from a Web Browser
For [Remote Races], you can visit the official "gran-turismo.com" website using an internet web browser, and remotely operate your PS3® at home. You can start races, monitor its progress and check the results from the web site. This is a new playing style allowing you to play Gran Turismo anywhere!
Sign in from the [GT5 My Home] button on the upper right of the webpage to get started.

・Using the Course Maker in Online Races
You can now select the "My Tracks" created in [Course Maker] for your online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge), or even race on tracks automatically generated from a selected theme on the spot. (Please note you'll only be able to use My Courses created after this update in this way.)

・Introduction of Performance Points for Online Races
We've now introduced Performance Points (PP), a numerical index of a car's performance for online races. You can set PP restrictions in the regulations of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge) to regulate the participating cars.
For details, see 6 -15 [Performance Points] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Increased Rewards and Experience Online
The amount of rewards and experience gained from online racing (Open Lobby and My Lounge) have been increased.

・Expansion of Event Settings for Online Races
[Auto Race Start Cycle] and [Tyre/Fuel Depletion] have been added to the event settings of online races (Open Lobby, My Lounge).

・Increased Penalties for Special Events
The penalties for improper driving such as driving off course and hitting walls have been increased for the [Special Events] in [GT Mode] - [GT Life].

・Event Rewards and Experience Adjusted
The rewards and experience for [Licence] and [Special Events] of [GT Mode] - [GT Life] have been adjusted. Experience for A-Spec and B-Spec events have been increased, while rewards have been reduced back down to levels seen before the 1.05 update.

・Car Loan in Events
In A-Spec and B-Spec events in [GT Mode] - [GT Life], as well as when participating in [Special Events], you can now rent cars that your Friends have set to share with friends.
For details see 6-16 [Borrowing and Lending Cars] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Settings
Individual gear adjustment, power limiters, and weight adjustment have been added to the settings. For details see [18. Settings Guide] in the [Manual] accessible from the top menu screen.

・Multi Monitor
From [Options] - [Hardware] - [Multi Monitor], you can now set multi-monitor display settings using multiple PS3™ systems.
You can now enjoy Gran Turismo 5 in an incredibly wide display environment combining multiple PS3™ systems and TV's/monitors.

official setup guide here:
Multi-monitor Feature Settings - Support - gran-turismo.com

Xhgrf.jpg

[Changes and Additions to Game Operations]
- It is now possible to replay and save [2 Player Races].
- [Controller Steering Sensitivity] has been added to [Driving Options].
- [Corner Camber] has been added to the section settings of the [Course Maker].
- In A Spec events including endurance races, a confirmation prompt has been added before restarting a race from the beginning.
- In replays, B Spec and while watching races, you can now change viewing targets directly from the screen without having to use a separate window list.
- User selected background music can now be used when voice chat is disabled in a [Lounge].
- Cars in your garage that are not registered as 'Favorites' can now be used in a [Lounge].
- When a tyre restriction is enabled in a Lounge regulation, only cars having tyres that match the regulation will be displayed in the garage.
- Driver and car display selections during races will be saved.
- It is now possible to perform settings for karts in the [Quick Menu].
- It is now possible to select multiple items in some major screens, such as when selecting the on/off of favourites in the [Garage].

[AI Adjustment]
- Race choreography and opponent car AI controls for licence tests and A Spec events have been adjusted.
- Opponent car AI controls during B Spec races have been improved.
- The evasive manoeuvres of opponent cars when a players car blocks the track has been improved.

[Correction of Issues]
- Corrected an issue where it was possible to gain points unfairly in drift trials.
- Corrected an issue where it was not possible to view the 4th sector in the live monitor.
-Corrected an issue where the sound would not change when replacing the exhaust system or turbo kit.
- Corrected an issue where the save data becomes unable to load when exceeding a certain file size.

[Other Changes]
- A searchable item called [Race Type] has been added during room creation in the [Open Lobby].
- The lap times for the [X Challenge] in [Special Events] have been adjusted.
- Game save speed has been optimised.
- The HDD access warning message that was displayed at game startup has been disabled for faster startup.
- The background of car demos during an [Auto Demo] is now displayed randomly in 4 types (Morning/Day/Night/White) as is in the [Dealership].
- The "S-AWC" integrated four wheel drive system of the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X has been adjusted.
- The [Feedback Strength] of the Thrustmaster T500RS can now be adjusted across a wider range.

News - gran-turismo.com

It needs to be noted that this update does not allow Leaderboards, endurance saves and such, but we can probably expect them in future updates.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=422110

I think that it's all stuff that was always in it but wasn't necessarily working at the right performance level when they were forced to release the game to retail - they had to release at Christmas. The multi-screen part we know was in it in as early as 2008 but it wasn't in the retail version for whatever reason. I think that we can expect quite a few of these updates every 3 months or so. Hopefully the next one will reintroduce the leaderboards and update some of the standard cars to premium.

No problem. Big update that, renting cars is useful and I'm hoping the experience has been bumped up alot because I rarely feel bothered to even play the game now because the experience meter hardly moves.

Experience looks like its been bumped up quite abit which actually makes the game playable again for me. Time to get the old B-Spec drivers out again.

Haven't tried it yet, but apparently you have to have a friends B-Spec driver available in order to use it.

Finally getting somewhere. Just managed to get level 15 and now on Expert. Best car I have now is the Audi R8 5litre. Not done any Events yet. I have the impression they are almost impossible and not fun at all.
Anyone know how many levels there is?

Finally getting somewhere. Just managed to get level 15 and now on Expert. Best car I have now is the Audi R8 5litre. Not done any Events yet. I have the impression they are almost impossible and not fun at all.
Anyone know how many levels there is?

40 for both A and B Spec, and once you get to about level 27 its a major grind although the new update has made it abit easier with the exp boosts and the seasonal events too.

40 for both A and B Spec, and once you get to about level 27 its a major grind although the new update has made it abit easier with the exp boosts and the seasonal events too.

Have they bumped XP on all races? What's you recommended "grind races" for XP? Don't care about the money, I have more than I can use at the moment.

Have they bumped XP on all races? What's you recommended "grind races" for XP? Don't care about the money, I have more than I can use at the moment.

Yes they have but only xp, as far as I know I think they have knocked prize money down abit. At the moment I'm gonna just be running the B-Spec Endurance stuff to get it out of the way but I did try one of the Dream Car races and what used to give about 12K in xp now gives 32K so its basically at the level it should have been in the first place.

up to nascar challenge

first race was pretty easy bt 2nd race and I'm sliding all over the place.

i think it's ecause I had every driving assist off...

legend - I sawa your profile and see you have golded nearly everythign (if not everything) I'm currently stuck on the AMG
can't even gold stage 1!!!

advice?

Driving Options: Traction Control 1, Skid Recovery Force On, ABS 10
Settings: Gear ratio at 310KM/H - 193 MPH

once i had some of the driving assists on (especially skid recovery) it was ok

but the final race is a real bastard. I was first for 10 laps and they drafted and spun me in the last corner

Yeah the Daytona race is more or less a lottery, they love to spin people out on that one.

Pretty typical daytona then. I wish PD had developed restrictor plates. If we do a caftard days of thunder race there will be an output penalty, down to about 430bhp which is about the same as these cars on the big ovals like daytona and Talladega.

What's your PSN Weaste? I'm just doing a B-Spec champioship but will send one after..

Leg-End, do you by any chance have a GT40 race car? And if so could you be so kind as to gift me a copy? My mate is desperate for one..

Can I rent/borrow an F1 2007 please? Stupid as I already have one in Prologue, but I don't have 12,500,000 credits in this!

I want to do these seasonal events. I'll only need it for half an hour or so.

it's gonna take more than 30 min weaste

there's 5 races of about 10-20 min each and for me it was hours of retrying because I kept spinning.

I would send to you but I'm at work :(