Gaming Gran Turismo 5

What's your PSN Weaste? I'm just doing a B-Spec champioship but will send one after..

Leg-End, do you by any chance have a GT40 race car? And if so could you be so kind as to gift me a copy? My mate is desperate for one..

GT40 Race Car, I assume its the one with the blue/orange gulf livery which I do have.

GT40 Race Car, I assume its the one with the blue/orange gulf livery which I do have.

Yea that's the one, the old school one :drool:

Weaste I've added you to PSN, if you accept it I'll send you the F2007 after midnight, I sent a car to my mate in the early hours of this morning.

Leg-End, if you got round to sending me that F1 car, thanks, it's just that I haven't been on yet to see is all, didn't want you thinking I was being an ignorant cnut.

Sorry dude, totally forgot about that I'll send to it right now.

GT40 then, im sending it for free or getting a trade? either way works.

I very much doubt I have anything you haven't got. I've been looking for chrome paint for you to no avail too.

I have:

Alfa 8C Competizione '08
Chevvy Corvette Z06 '04
Citreon C4 WRC '08
Daihatsu OFC-1 Concept '07
Dodge Challenger SRT '08
Ferrari F2007
Ferrari 430 Scuderia '07
Ferrari California '08
Ferrari 458 Italia '09
Ferrari 512B '76
Fiat 500 1.2 8v '08
Ford Focus ST '06
Honda CR-Z '10
Lamborghini Gallardo LP-560 '08
Lamborghini Mercielago LP 670-4 SV '09
Lexus IS F Racing Concept '08
Maserati Gran Turismo S '08
Mazda Roadster RS (NC) '07
Mazda RX-7 '90
Mini Cooper S '07
Nissan March 12SR '07
Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT '06
Nisan GT-R SpecV '09
Nissan Skyline GT-R V-spec II Nur (R34) '02
Pagani Zonda R '09
GT Red Bull X2010
GT Gran Turismo 350Z RS
Renaultsport Clio V6 24V '00
Subaru Impreza WRX STI '10
Toyota FT-86 Concept
Toyota Vitz RS
VW Kupelwagen type 82 '44

Standard

Alfa Giulia Sprint GTA '65
Amuse Carbon R (R34) '04
Audi *** TT-R Touring Car '02
Audi Le Mans Quattro '03
Audi Pikes Peak Quattro '03
BMW 2002 Turbo '73
Bugatti Veyron '09
Buick Special '62
Cizteza V16 '94
Dodge RAM Hemi Quad '04
Dome Zero Concept
Ford GT LM Race Car Spec II
Hommell Berlinette R/S Coupe '99
Honda Mugen Motul Civic Si Race Car '87
Honda Z ACT '70
Honda Civic SIR-II '91
Honda Civid 1500 '83
HPA Motorsports R32 Golf
Jay Leno Tank Car '03
Lamborghini Countach LP400 '74
Lancia Stratos Rally Car '77
Lancia Delta S4 Rally Car '85
Mazda RX-7 Type R Bathurst R '01
Mazda Kusabi Concept '03
Mazda Demio Sport '03
Mazda MX-5 Miata SR-Limited '97
Mercedes SL65 AMG '04
Mini Cooper 1.3 '98
Mitsubishi Lancer EX 1800GSR '83
Mitsubishi 3000GT '95
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR Rally Car '74
Mitsubishi Lancer 1600 GSR '74
Nissan Calsonic Skyline GT-R Race Car '93
Nissan 350Z '05
Nissan Sleighty '98
Opel Speedster Turbo '00
Gran Turismo Formula Gran Turismo
Shelby GT350R '65
Subaru 360 '68
Tommy Kaira ZZ-S '00
Toyota Yaris U Sport Edition '00
Toyota 7 Race Car '70
Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89
Toyota Altezza '98
Toyota Celica '81
Toyota Prius '03
Toyota Vitz U Sport Edition '00
Triumph Spitfire 1500 '74
TVR Cerbera Speed 6 '97
VW Lupo 1.4 '02
VW Lupo GTI Cup Car '03

wow that took longer than I expected to write out!

Just a case of I have most of them :lol: But if you get that chrome I'd love it.

Weaste I've sent you the F2007, would have done it before midnight but my mate has access to my PSN on his PS3 and he'd gifted himself one already yesterday!

has anyone had luck on the grand tour challenge? I've watched a couple of you tube videos but i'm really struggling on the first sector. I need to find about 2 seconds there and another couple of seconds in the 2nd sector I think to gold this...

I did a few of them, but when I got to the one where you're in a Murcielago on Toscana at night and I couldn't do it to save my life so I spat my dummy out and quit in a huff :lol:

Circuit de la Sarthe is a very enjoyable track. Extremely fast and you get a tremendous sense of speed. It's also a good length for an Endurance. Long enough to not be too repetitive and silly (Tsukuba, I'm looking at you) but short enough to get a few laps in between pit stops (Nurburgring Nordschleife + GT track combined, I'm looking at you).

Putting in consistent times around the 2:25 mark now but I have a feeling I might nail a lap quite a bit faster than that. Will probably use at least a week for this race. Not sure how much of the 24hrs I will need to drive, I have a feeling 18 will do it since I'm in the X1.

Thank the lord for the update, the 4hr Nurburgring Endurance now rewards you a cool 2,2million XP.

Bloody hell you're actually doing the 24hr race?! How much XP and cash do you get for winning that?

Bloody hell you're actually doing the 24hr race?! How much XP and cash do you get for winning that?

Think it's 800.000 cash (ridiculous but I don't really need cash) and just over 6.000.000 XP. I'm gonna do both or my life would be incomplete. It's the only two A-spec races I have left. After that I will consider the game "finished" by my standards.

That's a crazy amount of XP, especially considering that by tha stage you don't really need it!

That's a crazy amount of XP, especially considering that by tha stage you don't really need it!

Well you do need it to get from level 35 to level 40 which is what you need for the final race.

:lol: I'm not that good but if your doing 2.25's consistent then you have about another 7 seconds to go.

I'm only 7 seconds off your time?? Shit, I genuinely though you'd break 2:00 on this track but then again it is a very fast track so not that much to gain for large parts of it. I can actually see myself shaving 7 seconds off it if I learn how to nail the latter part of the track. Breking 2:20 has to be a realistic target. Done only 1,5 hrs so far, we'll see tomorrow.

Impossible to go under 2 minutes around it I think, but I could go alot quicker with the wheel on, I reckon a 2.09 or something like that would be about right.

With the controller its always gonna be slower and I've only been round it once for the Dream Car series. Either way your mental for doing the 24hr events.

Impossible to go under 2 minutes around it I think, but I could go alot quicker with the wheel on, I reckon a 2.09 or something like that would be about right.

With the controller its always gonna be slower and I've only been round it once for the Dream Car series. Either way your mental for doing the 24hr events.

Can you live with having finished every race but the two 24hr ones?

1.07 put paid to the decent trades, good job we got them all done :lol:

And I can live with them unfinished if its means I still get my platinum, apparently doing them in B-Spec is adequate enough for the gold in every event trophy.

i'm up to level 30
and doing the vettel challenge

its an absolute beeyotch. The car is fast but I'm not sure how I'm suppose to drive it as I often oversteer on to the grass. I haven't completed one lap of Nurburgring yet in it! and because it fails you once you hit the grass I'm struggling to get good practice in it

just gotta get bronze in suzuka and then I can aim for gold by practising with it

Go for it, its just all about keeping the rhythm throughout the two laps. One thing I can advise if you can do it effectively is to brake with the accelerator still engaged, but only do it in mid to high speed corners, this keeps the turbo boost charged and you will carry much more speed through the corners.

yep I did it. at least got all bronzes. don't think I'll bother getting golds, it was stressful enough to get the bronzes!

Anyone want a Vettel X1? Todays the last chance with the gift restriction temporarily lifted. Willing to take anything I don't have in return, no matter on price or ofcourse a chrome paint.

Anyone want a Vettel X1? Todays the last chance with the gift restriction temporarily lifted. Willing to take anything I don't have in return, no matter on price or ofcourse a chrome paint.

I wouldn't mind that but you've probably got all my cars... I have a Saleen S7 you can have if you don't have one already? Full list at home, I can put the full list up when I get home at 8pm if you want?

In power order 600BHP+ because I can't be bothered doing all 150 odd :D.

Premium
Zonda R '09 910BHP
Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 892BHP
SLS AMG '10 798BHP
Gallardo LP 560-4 '08 722BPH
458 Italia '09 689BHP
Ford Mustang V8 GT Coupe Premium '07 670BHP
California '08 621BHP

Standard
Veyron 16.4 '09 1196BHP
Minolta Toyota 88C-V Race Car '89 991BHP
CIEN Concept '02 922BHP