Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Well, they can't afford the brand name to be tarnished.

One daft theory I've read, and I don't really hold much to it, as to why it was late and why it seems not totally finished is what is rumoured to happen on the 27th of this month, the unveiling of PSP2, which will have, as a launch title, a full blown GT.

Well I posted this some time back:

So they planned it to be half arsed all along? Probably wanted longer lunch breaks :D

In fact, turns out a lot of what I said might be is. Funnily enough I remember being called a wanker by some knobs in the newbs for daring to suggest GT5 wouldn't be as polished and good as the others!

So.. NOW the bloody thing is of any use?!

The cheating, lying, cnuting fecking bastards! I spent a fecking lifetime saving up for that car and some two bloody weeks after I flog it there seems to be a race you can actually use it for?

:lol: yep, it's only a season event though so it's only available until 24 Feb. There's three races; Tokyo R246, Nurburgring GP/F and the Indy Road Course. I've no idea what the prize money is for this one as I've not been able to enter it yet, but the other events in this last update have awarded pittance.

So ive been playing this game since christmas. You might agree and disagree with me on a few things, but heres my view on it. Ive done silver on the 3 levels of licences (1a, 1b and 1 c i think they are called) and im on my forth race on professional in A series.

A series- Good

B series- What the feck :annoyed:

Events- Could it be made any harder. Cant even do one corner on most tracks. Disqualified, Disqualified, Disqualified :mad: :mad: :mad:

Licences- Great.

Online- Prefered the prologue version. Very, very disappointed with it.

Music- Prefereed the Prologue version. I do like the music whilst i play and its basically non existent. I put it on full volume and i can here it now. No major songs or bands to give you that buzz whilst driving.

Finding what car you need to buy for some A series races is a nightmare. Dealership is ok, the used car place though..... jeeese.

Its looking like once ive done the licences and finished all A series then the game will just be shoved in a cupboard forever. Am i missing something? I do hope so.

I don't want it back, keep it man. Delete that account too, its my car duplication account :P

Its looking like once ive done the licences and finished all A series then the game will just be shoved in a cupboard forever. Am i missing something? I do hope so.

Hmmmm, I always treat GT like I treat Wipeout, it's something that you can have a good long session with or something you can simply pick up and play for 10 minutes. It's not story driven, it's something you can play when you have the time.

As for the online, we need to sort that out, I'll have a chat with marchi tomorrow about it and we'll see if we can work out something a little more sensible. It works.

I don't want it back, keep it man. Delete that account too, its my car duplication account :P

Jesus, you sure? That's an expensive car!! Thank you mate :D

Just tried it out now for the first time... WOW! I figured it'd be similar to the Formula Gran Turismo car but this thing sticks to the road so much more, the cornering speeds are incredible!

Jesus, you sure? That's an expensive car!! Thank you mate :D

Just tried it out now for the first time... WOW! I figured it'd be similar to the Formula Gran Turismo car but this thing sticks to the road so much more, the cornering speeds are incredible!

Yeah no worries I still have the car myself anyway. They allowed the duplication of cars so I take advantage of it to help my fellow caftards. If anyone else wants a F10, F2007 or Red Bull X1 give me a shout.

OK I'm just gonna be a right cheeky twunt now and say if it's going on offer I'll have the X1!!

I'll have a f1 car please!!!!

My psn is jamesparkin

Sure, cant send until tomorrow due to the 1 send a day limit.

OK I'm just gonna be a right cheeky twunt now and say if it's going on offer I'll have the X1!!

Cheeky Twunt indeed but sunday an X1 will be yours, which one do you want? Red Bull Vettel version (livery like F1 car), Carbon or Orange coloured.

You really are a leg-end! And seeing as I'm a Vettel fanboy I'll have the red bull livery please mate!

This F1 car is pretty bloody difficult to adapt to, especially as I've been driving an oaf of a Mercedes just before it for some German races!

edit: yes Weaste, I'm fully aware of that considering how tricky I'm finding the F1 car! But I don't care it's ace!

How do you actually get one in the game anyway, is it by virtue of winning a certain championship or do you have to buy it for an outrageous price?

How do you actually get one in the game anyway, is it by virtue of winning a certain championship or do you have to buy it for an outrageous price?

If you gold the X1 Challenges which unlock at Level 30 A-Spec then you get 3 of them. You can also buy one at a certain level for 20 million credits.

I have 5 X1's for the record and golded the X1 challenge, yes I am good at racing games.......:lol:

:lol: bloody hell, I doubt I'd even be able to bronze that, I'm not very good at them! Fun though..

can I get a loan of an Ferrari F1. Want to do the seasonal events but spunked my money on the Formula GT earlier.

PSN Chumpsman

X1 sent to you R_Nick, awaiting acceptance of PSN for jamesparkin. Lester you are already on my PSN right? kavring something or other? If so F2007 tomorrow.

If you're still feeling generous Leg, and don't mind me being a cheeky cnut, I'd love either one of the F1's if you're able to spare, whichever in your opinion is the better of the two.

Thanks in advance if this is still cool.

Btw Marchi, just remembered I've still got your BMW that you lent me, not been on for ages so I'll ship it back when I next fire the game up mate. Cheers.

I'm quite pleasantly surprised buy the X1, it's not as difficult to control as I'd expected it to be. I think if I hadn't just spent a while getting used to the F2007 it would have been a bit more crazy, but it's not too bad at all.

Ok James you were already on my main account anyway so F2007 now sent, enjoy. :D

Next on the list is Lester Freamon followed by Chapster followed by RedNome. And you are all getting F2007's unless you state you want an F10. Not loans, you can keep them.

Still on the look out for a chrome paint too, I have like 400 but not yet been lucky enough to get one.

Ok James you were already on my main account anyway so F2007 now sent, enjoy. :D

Next on the list is Lester Freamon followed by Chapster followed by RedNome. And you are all getting F2007's unless you state you want an F10. Not loans, you can keep them.

Still on the look out for a chrome paint too, I have like 400 but not yet been lucky enough to get one.

I'll check my paint lists
not sure if i'm actually gonna be collecting these. F2007 will be swell
thanks

how'd you get all these cars btw?

F2007 sent to Leaster, forgot the gifting thing resets at midnight.

I have won/purchased/traded for them, I only have 1 copy of each in most cases but by exploiting the gift system I can send them to people but not lose my own version of it. All you gotta do is save the data, back it up to memory stick, send the car, delete the new save and replace with the one you backed up. I'm only doing it to because the grind involved in getting F1 cars is pretty stupid for a car that until the new seasonal event showed up was practically useless.

ahhh I see clever!
here I was thinking you had untapped some source of cash in the game or just had a little too much time on your hands!

F2007 sent to Leaster, forgot the gifting thing resets at midnight.

I have won/purchased/traded for them, I only have 1 copy of each in most cases but by exploiting the gift system I can send them to people but not lose my own version of it. All you gotta do is save the data, back it up to memory stick, send the car, delete the new save and replace with the one you backed up. I'm only doing it to because the grind involved in getting F1 cars is pretty stupid for a car that until the new seasonal event showed up was practically useless.

If you're doing some kind of trick, I would love one of the F1 cars