Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Any recommendations on what car to use in the A-spec Expert Historic Racing Car Cup? My 700BHP Buick '62 isn't really doing it.

I did it in a Shelby 66 fully tuned which I unlocked from B-Spec mode somewhere along the road but its a proper challenge because the Toyota 7 and the 2J are quick. I recommend skipping it if you can and coming back to it once you get the Toyota 7 which you will as a prize somewhere down the line.

heh, so I had to remove the thrid turbo upgrade from my RUF Yellowbird, dropping it from over 700hp to something like 530hp by selecting the first one instead. The car simply could not handle the power, maybe it was me. :lol:

I did it in a Shelby 66 fully tuned which I unlocked from B-Spec mode somewhere along the road but its a proper challenge because the Toyota 7 and the 2J are quick. I recommend skipping it if you can and coming back to it once you get the Toyota 7 which you will as a prize somewhere down the line.

I tried doing it in a Shelby but I couldn't control it fully tuned, even after I got the best tires.

Cool, I'll wait for it then. My Buick could challenge them for a bit when they started behind me (I'd still lose though), but when the 2J and Toyota 7 started at the front, I usually couldn't even catch up.

I think I have found the glass ceiling of my ability, it's the International-C tests, just can't get all gold on these

Sony and PD now sending out surveys to gamers to try and get more feedback.

Kudos to the team, they know its not as top drawer as has been in the past. Most companies would be like, feck them, we'll still sell millions but they seem actively trying to make a difference.

Well, they can't afford the brand name to be tarnished.

One daft theory I've read, and I don't really hold much to it, as to why it was late and why it seems not totally finished is what is rumoured to happen on the 27th of this month, the unveiling of PSP2, which will have, as a launch title, a full blown GT.

Sony and PD now sending out surveys to gamers to try and get more feedback.

Kudos to the team, they know its not as top drawer as has been in the past. Most companies would be like, feck them, we'll still sell millions but they seem actively trying to make a difference.

The best part of this generation of games is the ability to improve the gaming experience, something I think GT has done very good so far. The seasonal events for instance is a brilliant expansion for the game when you've stalled a bit. Not having to only repeat races to level up on XP.

Really got into this game over xmas holidays put loads of hours into it.But it got old way too quick.

Extreme series done. Got the Formula GT and Nascar championships out the way with almost every driver assistance available enabled. Cheating? I don't care.

17,000 kms driven. fecking hell.

What kind of genius figured a 9 hour endurance on Tsukuba was a good idea? It's a fecking kart track! Christ. It's like being stuck in traffick. Done 349 laps and not half way through it.

I can't be arsed to even do the rest of the Endurance ones, not unless they implement some save feature.

Where ¡s my review of your new sound system?

Banging. For the size of the speakers, they do the job and the amp rumbles the floor boards like you wouldn't believe. Don't think the speaker wire is all that but for the price and what it does, it sounds every bit as good as my mates parents 3k one. I don't understand why people go and piss 4 grand down the drain for a BOSE system after buying this. They sound almost identical.

Had it up fairly loud with GT and no distortion as of yet.

Just started the latest season events, the prize money and experience points rewards are shite compared to the previous ones.

I've stopped playing this. I'm not bored with it, I just can't find any cars that are suitable for any of the events I haven't completed, and as a result can't be arsed.

Played Forza 3 for a bit the other day too. It seemed fun but I'm not sure how anyone can say it compares to GT5 whilst keeping a straight face? Especially visually.

Banging. For the size of the speakers, they do the job and the amp rumbles the floor boards like you wouldn't believe. Don't think the speaker wire is all that but for the price and what it does, it sounds every bit as good as my mates parents 3k one. I don't understand why people go and piss 4 grand down the drain for a BOSE system after buying this. They sound almost identical.

Had it up fairly loud with GT and no distortion as of yet.

So this is the Yamaha no?

I've stopped playing this. I'm not bored with it, I just can't find any cars that are suitable for any of the events I haven't completed, and as a result can't be arsed.

Played Forza 3 for a bit the other day too. It seemed fun but I'm not sure how anyone can say it compares to GT5 whilst keeping a straight face? Especially visually.

Why don't you ask someone here to loan you the car that you need?

You're the same as me noodle. I get bored quickly and as a result, hadn't played GT for over a month. Its very much a game that just is there like Fifa. You go through times where you're like no, but you just pick it up one day and play it for a while. Its hard especially with only enduros left.

My son is playing it ATM. He's never really played real games before, but has taken to this like a duck to water. He's only 5, but he can for most tracks get a lap time within a minute of mine. Obviously he's only using low powered cars for the minute like the Mini, but he loves it.

Does anyone have either of the Ferrari F1 cars they'd be willing to lend me at some point over the weekend? One of the seasonal events requires using one and even if I had enough money I'd be reluctant to spend £12m on it just for a couple of races!

That would be excellent mate, cheers!

2007 would be most appreciated, my PSN is 'radonick' I think.

Does anyone have either of the Ferrari F1 cars they'd be willing to lend me at some point over the weekend? One of the seasonal events requires using one and even if I had enough money I'd be reluctant to spend £12m on it just for a couple of races!

So.. NOW the bloody thing is of any use?!

The cheating, lying, cnuting fecking bastards! I spent a fecking lifetime saving up for that car and some two bloody weeks after I flog it there seems to be a race you can actually use it for?