Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I'll trade you for the F2007, add me on PSN - Legend41.

And yep there are chrome paints out there but they are rare, if you find one I might be willing to part with an X1 for one.

I know if you let it go right down it limits your speed to a crawl, I don't know about completly running out though.

Ok, because as the X1 hardly wears tires I was awfully close to emptying it before I remembered to pit.

What a beast that car is. I can't handle it for shit yet, I must have been off the track 60-70 times at least on my first 37 laps here. Best lap of 1:17 on Suzuka but I haven't been close to having a good lap yet.

It's so much fun, the Gold time at Suzuka in the X Challenge is one of the hardest GT5 challenges ever I think and I am well proud that I have achieved it.

Gold is anything under 2.10 but obviously the first lap is out of the pits too ofcourse.

The first section is truly fantastic though, just sawing at the wheel taking the corners at breakneck speed. The time all comes down to the last chicane though, its tough to nail that twice consecutively.

Finally got a wheelstandpro for my driving force gt today. Lovely piece of kit it makes a difference being to sit back on the couch while playing

It's two laps from a pit start. The likes of Leg-End beats the F2007 by half a minute a lap.

Yep the clock starts as soon as you start moving which is just before the pitline, from there its two flying laps so thinking about it going around twice in just over 2 minutes just highlights how mental that car is.

I was watching a YouTube video of someone doing it. Starting in the pits, he did a 1:05, yet finished at 2:09, so starting from the pits doesn't seem to be too much of a handicap, only losing 1 second in comparison to a flying lap.

Yeah you dont lose much time but it means on the second lap through you have to take the first corner differently as you are carrying more speed, atleast at Suzuka and the Nurburgring anyway.

so, just for my understanding.

In b-spec, you sit there for ages watching a driver go round and round, and get cash for it, and level him up, and then he gets to a certain level and you are allowed 2 drivers, so have to start the whole process of training again for the new driver on the lower levels?

will there be a need for a 3rd driver?

There's not even a need for a 2nd driver as long as you have good cars for the first driver to use and you win plenty of quality cars in b spec along the way. Even the endurance races, where your driver has 0 strength left for 3/4 of the race. Having said that I'm only up to level 25 with him and have only done the first endurance so the rest might require a couple of drivers. But there are ways of easily levelling them up. A fresh driver went to level 6 after winning 1x daytona(sp?) like the wind event. So if I put him in that a bunch of times he'd soon get there

I just stick B-Spec on endurance racers when im off to do other stuff, its a an infuriating mode until you get cars that are just overkill though. The fact you cannot fast forward like you used to be able to in the older games sucks too and the only real reason I am bothering with it is I quite fancy getting the platinum trophy for this game.

I have 6 drivers now, all over level 20 with highest being level 31 I think, once you unlock the Endurance races and have an X1 then you can blast the opposition and train new drivers up several levels everytime.

Still got an X1 to trade if anyone wants to make me an offer, looking for an F10 ideally.

Still got an X1 to trade if anyone wants to make me an offer, looking for an F10 ideally.

I would love one but cars I have won't interest you probably - 908HDi, Nascar car, Nismo, SLS, 458 Italia and several others, just normal cars you can buy. :(

I'm feeling charitable, 908HDi will do. Afterall it still leaves me with 3 X1's for myself :lol:

Can you just lend me one? For two-three races I would like to complete. :( I will return it to you.

*This is assuming that the X1 is the fastest car in the game.
** Am using a McLaren Stealth Model and I'm struggling. It's a Level 24 race.