Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Even though I've been shit at every GT game I've asked for this for Christmas. If I whack it on easy with all the assists on I shouldn't be too shit.

What can I do to the supension/aero set up to shave a second off my lap times at Indy?

Every car needs different setting bro, that depends on the technicality of the course as well.

Most you can do just fine by just altering the break timing and pace, but for those mechanic tune freak (and that's where the fun is) you might want to try and get the feel of every setting

Up to lvl 20, tried to win the Schwarzwald League B with my SLS AMG but for some reason all the opposition cars keep pushing me out of the way all the time. :mad:

Picking this up after work today :D

What should be the first thing i do when i start?

I cant get into this at all, havent played it for over a week. Like the poster above what should I be doing to get into career mode properly?

I cant get into this at all, havent played it for over a week. Like the poster above what should I be doing to get into career mode properly?

Try earning gold in the licenses, and really apply the rules in A-spec.

It's not too tight, you can basically tell from the first 1000m whether you can win the race or not. If you're being overtaken in straight line that means you won't win the race with that car (nothing short of perfectness).

The best way is to just grind the easiest cup and tune up your car, the good thing about AI is that they stay static and never tune up their car.

So.. it's just a matter of perseverance

No, need to be at least level 30 for that.

Stopped doing A spec for the moment, have golded everything upto Extreme, got my B spec to level 17 now, golded everything (apart from the pickup truck challenge because I sold mine and can't find another) upto Expert which I'm golding now.

i want a ferrari.

599 or 458 italia ??

599 seems to be faster but maybe italia handles better? anyone?

The Italia is sex on wheels, handles like a dream and will win you many golds, but I haven't driven the 599 yet so I can't compare them properly.

Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09, race modified and fully tuned. Then for Indy I tuned the aero to front 33 rear 59 and brake balance 0 on front and rear. It's good enough to get the job done and then the car you win for gold in both allows you to breeze the series from then on with abit of upgrading, good for cash farming.

Worldwide numbers.

6jg6xs.png

5.5m in 12 days, beating Prologue, and giving 10.5m sales or there about for the GT5 project.

Bought this yesterday to play at my gf's last night. Started to download an update of around 150MB. Got to 10% and it still had 180 mins remaining. Sacked it off as it was already gone midnight. Shit connection! :(

Considering the number of PS3 owners, that's a bloody amazing stat.

1 in 6 and its not even christmas yet. I imagine that they'll be selling gangbusters come the 22nd of December. I expect around 7 million by Jan 1 2011.

What I find amazing though is that in that 3 years of real development time, the game will almost have outsold 3 copies of its direct competitor.

As with the old saying, quality over quantity.

I mean 14.8 million copies of GT3 :eek::eek::eek: fark me. Most companies would be happy with a tenth of that.

heh after reading Zarlak's posts I spent 30g's on a pick-up last night, add that to the 100g's I spent on a Ferrari 512BB and I'm GT skint. :(

Still looking for a 240Z, though.

I bought the Corvette and tuned it to racing mode, because someone promised it'd be good enough to win Like The Wind.

It's not. Should come handy in American Championship when I unlock it, and I'll probably buy Zonda for the Like The Wind.

NASCAR pisses me off, I always win first three races, I always come last on Daytona because some spastic pushes me off the track, so 4th race is key - I was 2nd once on the last turn and made a redundant attempt at 1st, I fell off the track and finished 8th - lost the title by 5 points in the end. :mad: Had I stayed 2nd it would be mine.

I bought the Corvette and tuned it to racing mode, because someone promised it'd be good enough to win Like The Wind.

It's not. Should come handy in American Championship when I unlock it, and I'll probably buy Zonda for the Like The Wind.

NASCAR pisses me off, I always win first three races, I always come last on Daytona because some spastic pushes me off the track, so 4th race is key - I was 2nd once on the last turn and made a redundant attempt at 1st, I fell off the track and finished 8th - lost the title by 5 points in the end. :mad: Had I stayed 2nd it would be mine.

You get a Zonda given to you in B Spec as a prize, I love mine, it's a beast although it can't compete in the Indy track of Gone Like The Wind :( to save you 2.4m buying it just for that.

I don't have a NASCAR so I can't do that cup yet.

You get a Zonda given to you in B Spec as a prize, I love mine, it's a beast although it can't compete in the Indy track of Gone Like The Wind :( to save you 2.4m buying it just for that.

I don't have a NASCAR so I can't do that cup yet.

I'm not doing the B-Spec but I'm genuinely shocked that it's not good enough for the Indy. Have you tuned it completely? I thought it'd be good enough, now I have no idea what car to buy for that.

I can lend you my NASCAR if you want, it's Jeff Gordon's one but I think they're all the same. That's when I finally manage to complete the series, of course, but that should be today or tomorrow at worst.

I'm not doing the B-Spec but I'm genuinely shocked that it's not good enough for the Indy. Have you tuned it completely? I thought it'd be good enough, now I have no idea what car to buy for that.

I can lend you my NASCAR if you want, it's Jeff Gordon's one but I think they're all the same. That's when I finally manage to complete the series, of course, but that should be today or tomorrow at worst.

Tuned it completely, it's upto 900bhp, it gets overtaken and left for dust when braking for the turns.

That would be great RE the NASCAR, I'm working all today/tomorrow anyway and am off all next week so if you're done with it by then I'd appreciate it very much. You'll probably get it back the same day.

It most certainly is good enough to win the Like The Wind series as I have done it myself. Did you race modify it first then tune it? You also need to actually set the car up for the oval race like I said.

It most certainly is good enough to win the Like The Wind series as I have done it myself. Did you race modify it first then tune it? You also need to actually set the car up for the oval race like I said.

It has all the mods it can have, around 900hp if I remember correctly and 1100hp. Oval race is impossible to win for me, what did you do to win it?

It has all the mods it can have, around 900hp if I remember correctly and 1100hp. Oval race is impossible to win for me, what did you do to win it?

You should be able to get the front two quite easy, from then just hang around them until the last lap or two and get in front as they are pretty easy to keep behind for a couple of corners.

For me it's the dirt and the snow that pisses me off, you cannot do it properly without a wheel.

Snow is piss easy really, not because it's easy to drive there but because for some reason opposition cars are painfully slow there and get poor times. I finished 35 seconds ahead of 2nd car on lvl 15. :eek: I can't beat dirt though but I don't mind, it got boring.

Corvette is fine but against those supercars it's too slow for me.

Just pumped 400k to renovate my NASCAR, I'm going to try to win the title once again.