Gaming Gran Turismo 5

104 cars in my garage now, onto the 1000! Finally got the Historic series out of the way with '66 Shelby tuned. So gold now in everything upto the Extreme Series, time to get the B-Spec drivers up to scratch.

104 cars in my garage now, onto the 1000! Finally got the Historic series out of the way with '66 Shelby tuned. So gold now in everything upto the Extreme Series, time to get the B-Spec drivers up to scratch.

I got 3 more series to do in Extreme and then I've finished A Spec on gold, got my B Spec driver to level 17 so far, he's finishing golding Expert. Want these endurance races.

It's more annoying than the Daytona "road" course event in Prologue where you started at the back and had to finish first in a single lap. This at least gives you two laps, but the vans never get any faster than around 65mph. Sometimes when overtaking you get stuck with the AI van banging into you. Funny shit.

All Top Gear challenges are dumb, the last one less so. What I don't like about the Top Gear track is that you cannot use it in practice mode to test cars, it only appears in these challenges and in a couple of races if I remember correctly - I think you should be able to use it outside of it.

All Top Gear challenges are dumb, the last one less so. What I don't like about the Top Gear track is that you cannot use it in practice mode to test cars, it only appears in these challenges and in a couple of races if I remember correctly - I think you should be able to use it outside of it.

Did you get chance to send that car Sarni mate? And yeah I've got the hump too that I can't find the Top Gear track anywhere.

Did you get chance to send that car Sarni mate? And yeah I've got the hump too that I can't find the Top Gear track anywhere.

I'm logging in now, expect it in your garage in five minutes.

You can use it if you gold the van race.

First race is extremely easy, I finish 5 seconds ahead of 2nd car at least. I nail the second one if no one shoves me off the track, and I win the third one every single time. I'm usually top 3 until the last lap on 4th track but then bottle it, and I'm last on Daytona every single time because someone will always push me off.

2nsuser.jpg

jeffgordonmeme04.jpg

This game is boring. I've had it a few weeks now but I don't seem to enjoy it. When I succeed at the challenges I feel relief, not enjoyment. When I win the A-spec races it's usually because I have a better car. And even then I just overtake everyone by bouncing into the back of them on slow corners.

It's all just a bit boring for me.

This game is boring. I've had it a few weeks now but I don't seem to enjoy it. When I succeed at the challenges I feel relief, not enjoyment. When I win the A-spec races it's usually because I have a better car. And even then I just overtake everyone by bouncing into the back of them on slow corners.

Perhaps if you learned how to drive you would enjoy it better.

Need For Speed might be more to your liking.

I went through this phase, finishing a race by lapping every car on the track. Just change your car to one of the same BPH as your opponents. Makes it more interesting, use skill rather than raw speed and pace to win the race.

Managed to get a NASCAR Sarni so don't worry about sending it over mate, didn't realise they were only 500k!

EDIT: Must be a lot of hidden stuff, couple more cups to do till A Spec complete and only Extreme to do on B-Spec but only 70% of the game completed.

Managed to get a NASCAR Sarni so don't worry about sending it over mate, didn't realise they were only 500k!

EDIT: Must be a lot of hidden stuff, couple more cups to do till A Spec complete and only Extreme to do on B-Spec but only 70% of the game completed.

Yeah, sorry I didn't send it but I couldn't connect to PSN on GT5 until later on, those 500k you will get back if you manage to complete the series. I completed it on my seventh or eighth try so I got much more than that, probably above a million and I still earn money with it on Indy when I need to grind a level up.

Japanese cars race pisses me off because it's way too long, 10 laps on each track isn't something that I'd like to do, especially when I'm driving a GT-R and they all seem to drive some fancy racing professional cars. Mine is way faster but slower on the corners and they seem to be very keen on pushing me off the track all the time, one time when I was first on Suzuka after seven laps and four seconds ahead, some NSX miraculously caught up with me and just knocked me off, going off the road at the same time but making space for other cars to take over. It was very annoying.

Just sat down to try the GT-R Nordschleife Record Trophy, you have to beat the record of 7"29.03. Fully expected it to take a few laps to even get close, beat it by 7 seconds on the first try :lol: Great fun hanging it all out in the middle section though, I reckon I could shave quite abit of time off that with a more perfect lap and my wheel.

2gwazop.jpg

Give it a try.

Just sat down to try the GT-R Nordschleife Record Trophy, you have to beat the record of 7"29.03. Fully expected it to take a few laps to even get close, beat it by 7 seconds on the first try :lol: Great fun hanging it all out in the middle section though, I reckon I could shave quite abit of time off that with a more perfect lap and my wheel.

2gwazop.jpg

Give it a try.

Do you have to use a stock 07 GT-R?

Yeah, gotta do it in Arcade mode time trial with the arcade version of the car. It handle's fine though.

That's not a bad first effort, this track is all about flow so it takes practice. Pity we can't send across ghosts really, I know the replay data can be exported but not sure it actually works as a ghost.

For such a heavy car with such a modest (relative) engine output it's blistering fast, the GT-R.

What cars can you race modify? None I have tried it on has had that option available.

Regarding the race modify cars, heres the list:

1. Chevrolet Camaro Z28 '69
2. Chevrolet Camaro SS '10
3. Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09
4. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) '06
5. Lotus Elise 111R '04
6. Lotus Elise '96
7. Nissan SILVIA spec-R AERO (S15) '02
8. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00
9. Subaru IMPREZA Sedan WRX STI spec C Type RA '05
10. Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) '95
11. Volkswagen Golf IV GTI '01
12. Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX  GSR '05
13. Acura NSX '91
14. Dodge Challenger R/T '70
15. Honda CIVIC TYPE R (EK) '97
16. Honda INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) '04
17. Lexus IS F '07

feck me. Just golded the Like The Wind races. Got it with my Ford GT but it was a close call (0.4 seconds ahead of a Sauber Mercedes C9). It wasn't by any means a pretty win either. Dirty racing and ASM enabled got me there in the end.

Just about had enough of B-Spec mode, the racers are utter tards at doing anything that involves skill. The money rewards are pretty shit and the lack of a pause or fast forward is just plain annoying, it feels like they just stuck it in there to annoy and pad the game out somewhat.

What am I supposed to do when I've completed all the races from the A-Spec? It isn't that close, probably not this week or even this month because I have to save up for 908 HDi or R10, but it'll happen eventually. Am I stuck driving the same races over and over again?

I hate the Touring Car and Formula GT series, well the old car series too. They shouldn't have put them in there for a simple reason that it's very difficult to find cars, they should have at least made an effort and made them available when you need it. There's nothing remotely interesting about having to watch for them all the time in the used markets.

Well, the idea of putting races for standard cars only is poor enough if you ask me because I though at the beginning that I'd only play with the inside view as it makes the experience way more fun for me, but then I figured out that quarter of the races are for cars that don't have it. :mad:

What am I supposed to do when I've completed all the races from the A-Spec? It isn't that close, probably not this week or even this month because I have to save up for 908 HDi or R10, but it'll happen eventually. Am I stuck driving the same races over and over again?

I hate the Touring Car and Formula GT series, well the old car series too. They shouldn't have put them in there for a simple reason that it's very difficult to find cars, they should have at least made an effort and made them available when you need it. There's nothing remotely interesting about having to watch for them all the time in the used markets.

Well, the idea of putting races for standard cars only is poor enough if you ask me because I though at the beginning that I'd only play with the inside view as it makes the experience way more fun for me, but then I figured out that quarter of the races are for cars that don't have it. :mad:

Gold the Special Events and License Tests? That will take awhile I'm sure.