Gaming Gran Turismo 5

It was in the leaflet on the collector's edition at least.

So you bought the Collector's edition without even knowing the benefits of it? :D

I bought the regular edition but know that on the signature edition the vouchers are inside the wallet.

Just bronzed the GT All Stars and thus "completed" the Expert series. Did it in my Ford GT which was considerably slower than at least half the competitors.

Fun fact: If someone bumps into you and spins your car, your race is ruined. If you do it to another car, they will reappear in your rear view mirror almost instantly seemingly having lost no time at all.

:lol:

Both your statements are true Cavester.

I also like how you can't bump into other cars in the Nascar school expert difficulty. It's Nascar you are supposed to bump into cars.

Just bronzed the GT All Stars and thus "completed" the Expert series. Did it in my Ford GT which was considerably slower than at least half the competitors.

Fun fact: If someone bumps into you and spins your car, your race is ruined. If you do it to another car, they will reappear in your rear view mirror almost instantly seemingly having lost no time at all.

I noticed this, I misjudged a turn on the barrier on Daytona and ended up on my side, I got hit by a car and was doing 360s in the air, yet when I bash a car, it spins 90 degrees to the side, then snaps back into place and rights itself carrying on in a straight line.

I noticed this, I misjudged a turn on the barrier on Daytona and ended up on my side, I got hit by a car and was doing 360s in the air, yet when I bash a car, it spins 90 degrees to the side, then snaps back into place and rights itself carrying on in a straight line.

I deliberately sent a race car spinning wildly into the sand trap in pure road rage, a manouver that would see you lose at the very least 20-25 seconds. He was on my tail three turns later.

Ok I got the logitech wheel a few days ago.

I officially suck with it.

What settings do you guys use for it?

I'm not sure I changed anything. It takes some getting used to. The main thing is no matter what happens, don't let go of the wheel. If it's rumbling, let it don't let go. It's easier to drive with one hand and as long as you slow down for corners you shouldn't be too bad.

I'm driving it with original settings as well, once you've grasped it it'll be easy. I'm past two series in Expert (tuned cars and German cars), now back to a level below where I'll try to win the Lamborghini series after I've managed to reduce the weight of my Gallardo. Admittedly it handles slightly better than the Lamborghini I had to drive in Grand Tour, but at over 1280kg it's still too heavy I feel.

My 458 Italia and SLS AMG need renovation for both engine and body, but why is it so expensive? Is it worth it at all, cause they're still much faster than any of the cars that I'm driving against, anywhere? Italia has 718hp, SLS is above 800hp. I'm going to take my Gallardo as high as possible and then invest in a new Ferrari, I want a Scuderia - it's not very powerful but still it will win me some races if I tune it well and it looks amazing.

Loeb's challenge I find impossible, I can't drive a car on a track like that at all.

I love this game.

Can I send someone a Veyron? Can't check it now because my PS3 is occupied, but if I can, then does anyone want the fecker? I'll take a nice, tuned Premium car from a top shelf happily.

Did anyone put a turbo on their 2J? Just got one now so can finally do this historic cup and gold everything up to Extreme.

EDIT: Left it stock but bought racing softs and wow what a difference, first place by 4 seconds, beauty of a machine.

Where are all those long races like Le Mans etc.? Someone said recently he drove 400 laps on Tsukuba, when I will finally be able to do that? :mad:

Though admittedly I lost about five days of gaming last weekend, so that might have held me back.

Where are all those long races like Le Mans etc.? Someone said recently he drove 400 laps on Tsukuba, when I will finally be able to do that? :mad:

Though admittedly I lost about five days of gaming last weekend, so that might have held me back.

$00 laps on Tsukuba is so boring that I at times regretted being born when I did that race.

But as mentioned above, Endurance unlocks at level 25.

$00 laps on Tsukuba is so boring that I at times regretted being born when I did that race.

But as mentioned above, Endurance unlocks at level 25.

Can I press pause during the race though?

I bought the Challenger '71, tuned it, and at 5th gear it just coughs and won't go above 170 kph, used to be 200 kph, I don't know where I screwed up so I will just tune everything else and it will probably be fine.

I use Supercar Festival, Daytona race, to earn money, easy 17k in slightly more than two minutes of race.

I bought the Challenger '71, tuned it, and at 5th gear it just coughs and won't go above 170 kph, used to be 200 kph, I don't know where I screwed up so I will just tune everything else and it will probably be fine.

I use Supercar Festival, Daytona race, to earn money, easy 17k in slightly more than two minutes of race.

Hmm check the transmission. If it is a 5 speed transmission you bought switch back to the standard transmission. Or buy a custom transmission and up the top speed.

Expert series - American Championship - Superspeedway Indy = 98k per <4mins.

Takes a long time to get 12,5 million though.

I'm getting sick of spinning in the last lap of go karts

Hang in there, its a bitch but eventually you will get it right.

Finally got my formula gran turismo, 4.8 million in the used car list:D

I bought a Challnger 70 or something for the American Muscle car event, but it wont go above 104mph. The engine just cuts out, even though I haven't done anything to it.

I bought a Challnger 70 or something for the American Muscle car event, but it wont go above 104mph. The engine just cuts out, even though I haven't done anything to it.

It's hitting top gear, you gotta get the fully adjustable gears and set a higher top gear.

The game wasn't going to bother explaining that to me at any point then?

Also, I know nothing about cars, but why would anyone build a super fast car and then put a crummy gearbox on it that stops it from being super fast?

The game wasn't going to bother explaining that to me at any point then?

Also, I know nothing about cars, but why would anyone build a super fast car and then put a crummy gearbox on it that stops it from being super fast?

Most people changed the diffs in them. Nascar still run a similar gearbox. Try to make it as bulletproof as possible and adjust the ratios by changing the differential. I'm a bit miffed that they haven't quite done the Nascars properly in this. They run restrictor plates at places like Daytona to curb the speed. 370 in those cars is not realistic on that circuit. They could do it without them sure, but still...

Most people changed the diffs in them. Nascar still run a similar gearbox. Try to make it as bulletproof as possible and adjust the ratios by changing the differential. I'm a bit miffed that they haven't quite done the Nascars properly in this. They run restrictor plates at places like Daytona to curb the speed. 370 in those cars is not realistic on that circuit. They could do it without them sure, but still...

Ok, cheers marchi, although to be honest, I've absolutely no idea what you're on about.