Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Spent 40k on a '04 Holden Monaro last night (Aussie will know what I'm talking about). I was lucky enough that it was in the used car lot only the 4th time I started actively looking for it. Pure luck.

I then spent about 160k getting everything for it and taking it up to 700 hp and proceeded to smash the supercars in the professional series. :D

Couldn't lend that to me after you've finished the series for it could you :)

Just need it for my series and then i'll send it back.

I'm struggling badly with this championship so it will take a while hehe. Each race is 20 laps and one bad move and you are out. Its like a 20 lap kart race with 900bhp karts:D;)

Anyone driven an Enzo yet? Worth buying to replace the 458 or not that much difference?

I have used my Enzo once. Can't remember if I fiddled with the settings but it was tough to control....

Got to grind a bit now, have gold in every event in amateur/beginner/professional/expert and I've got gold in the first one of extreme but I'm still a quarter or a level off 21 so I can't carry on A-Spec yet until I level up.

Do the special events if you haven't already, the more advanced ones give massive amounts of xp.

I need a car for the old car tournament in expert. Is there any premium car available that would be able to compete? Besides, I have seen an old 66 or 67 Mustang in one of the races but cannot find it on premium car list even though it must have been premium because it looked amazing.

I can't imagine any Mustang being able to keep up with that field. Maybe in a straight line but not on a bendy track.

I don't want a Mustang for those races, I just want it in my garage but can't seem to find it. I saw it in Old Muscle Cars races.

For them I'd like something slightly faster, I'm thinking about the Cobra but it's still some 400kg heavier and has 350hp less than the fastest car on the starting list, it's not going to keep up. I think the old Jaguar would if it were tuned but it costs 20 million.

autodromonazionalemonzav.jpg

Sliding around Monza

superspeedwayindy1.jpg

Passing two family members at Indy

superspeedwayindy0.jpg

Smooth cornering at Indy

Oh, the F2007 can't be used in A-spec events. I might just throw this fecking game out the window! WHO THE feck CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA?§!?!?! Motherfecking thundercunts, I swear to God that is the most infuriating thing I have EVER come across in any game. Are you fecking KIDDING ME?!?!?!

Lester, lend me a car for the Gran Turismo All Stars and the old car races. I've just spent 530k on a Cobra, then another 150k or something on upgrading it and it's still too shit for the old cars.

Great pictures Lester.

I had to put my PS3 away for a few weeks now, exams coming up. Hopefully I'll get an HDTV before getting back to the game in a couple of months.

This games GT Life is kind of disappointing though, I miss the hundreds of events at GT4. They spent 5 years modelling a couple of hundred perfect cars but really didn't think the single player experience the right way, except for graphics I had more enjoyment playing GT4 than I'm having so far with this. Too much grinding on the same races to get anywhere from some point on.

What is the point of having the F2007 now? Really? I spent AGES getting the cash for it and for what? Seriously. That is retarded. It's the most shockingly idiotic thing in the world ever. How about warning me before I fecking went and bought that thing? I bet they were pissing themselves thinking up that scenario! Bloody hell. I saved up 12,5 million racing the 5 lap race on Indiannapolis 125 times. Hundred. And. Twenty. Five. Times.

feck off, Gran Turismo.

What is the point of having the F2007 now? Really? I spent AGES getting the cash for it and for what? Seriously. That is retarded. It's the most shockingly idiotic thing in the world ever. How about warning me before I fecking went and bought that thing? I bet they were pissing themselves thinking up that scenario! Bloody hell. I saved up 12,5 million racing the 5 lap race on Indiannapolis 125 times. Hundred. And. Twenty. Five. Times.

feck off, Gran Turismo.

:lol:

Really, they screwed up on so many things in this game. 125 times, hum...

I can't gold most of the challenges, can't even grasp how I'm supposed to get golds in AMG series on Nurburgring where I can barely get close to silver, so I'm stuck at level 19 and have to race High Speed Ring in Turbo races, in my GT-R to earn money and level up.

Shocking really, so you can basically drive it on training and that's it? :eek:

rumor is of a Ferrari F1 special event Lester. Calm your farm lad, nobody is close to finishing the game yet. I think the most anybody has done is up until the Nurburg 24hr on level 40 and theres still 10 more levels after that.

Well I don't give a damn, do I? I bought the thing to blitz the races I couldn't do in my Ford. Now I have to spend another age getting a race car! It's stupid!

Oh, the F2007 can't be used in A-spec events. I might just throw this fecking game out the window! WHO THE feck CAME UP WITH THAT IDEA?§!?!?! Motherfecking thundercunts, I swear to God that is the most infuriating thing I have EVER come across in any game. Are you fecking KIDDING ME?!?!?!

:lol:

I heard someone mention this yesterday but didn't believe it.

Does anyone want a '66 Shelby, it's tuned to have 720hp and 918kg, so it should be perfect for the old car races but I cannot control it as I'm shit with light cars? And I'd also like to swap my Ford GT 06, it's 820hp and about 1300kg, not fully tuned but quite short of it really. I don't enjoy driving any of those and don't really need it with SLS AMG and Italia in my garage. And I can also give away a Veyron.

Does anyone want a '66 Shelby, it's tuned to have 720hp and 918kg, so it should be perfect for the old car races but I cannot control it as I'm shit with light cars? And I'd also like to swap my Ford GT 06, it's 820hp and about 1300kg, not fully tuned but quite short of it really. I don't enjoy driving any of those and don't really need it with SLS AMG and Italia in my garage. And I can also give away a Veyron.

Sarni I'd be interested in your '66 Shelby but I have feck all to lend you at this point in time as you already have an SLS AMG. My main car at the moment is my aerodynamically tuned Ferrari 458. My PSN ID is Pronoobie if you could loan it to me for a day just to take part in some of the old car challenges

I could be wrong, but I find that one of the best stock handling cars below 500 BHP has to be the Nissan Calsonic. Tried it online in Suzuka and it was such a breeze.

Sarni I'd be interested in your '66 Shelby but I have feck all to lend you at this point in time as you already have an SLS AMG. My main car at the moment is my aerodynamically tuned Ferrari 458. My PSN ID is Pronoobie if you could loan it to me for a day just to take part in some of the old car challenges

I can send it to you, I'll do that in the evening. It's nearly impossible to control it but maybe you could adjust something to make it slightly more bearable. It wins Old Muscle with ease and it should cope with Nostalgia just fine, but it won't win World Classic Cars, I don't think, unless you manage to squeeze five nearly perfect laps out of it. I can't.

Can anyone tell me if the new v1.03 patch actually adds mechanical damage to offline mode too? Not had the chance to download it (will do so tonight) and can't find any useful info from teh internets....

I can send it to you, I'll do that in the evening. It's nearly impossible to control it but maybe you could adjust something to make it slightly more bearable. It wins Old Muscle with ease and it should cope with Nostalgia just fine, but it won't win World Classic Cars, I don't think, unless you manage to squeeze five nearly perfect laps out of it. I can't.

I'll give it a go. What's your PSN id? I'll add you now so you can send it through tonight (your time).

I'll have them. :D

Can you not use them at a friends or something?

I'm a total off line freak :(

On the other hand :

This GT is alot easier than the previous one, it's all about a lil brake.. well at least so far , i'm still lvl. 15

The car although totals around 1000+ but the one you can buy outright is limited, they don't have CR-V... So, I'd check the used car section if I were you, races are limited and short on variety, bring back the dirt rally please!

Soo.... still enjoying the building up actually.

I love how the feel of control varies depending on which view you use, it's the best in the interior view, which I incidentally use every single time (hence why I don't want to use any of the standard cars, this and the fact that they mostly look poor).