Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Tip for the NASCAR's, turn off ABS completely (on ovals only).

First race is extremely easy, I finish 5 seconds ahead of 2nd car at least. I nail the second one if no one shoves me off the track, and I win the third one every single time. I'm usually top 3 until the last lap on 4th track but then bottle it, and I'm last on Daytona every single time because someone will always push me off.

I'm 90 points ahead of 2nd placed Escudero before Daytona, now hoping that he doesn't finish 1st because I'm obviously going to be last.

Son of a bitch, he finished 1st. Will have to give it yet another try.

For Daytona try turning brake balance to 0's and the transmission up a click, you gotta get lucky and stick with the pack until the last turn.

You've golded all the licences on snow and dirt?

I've not golded any licences and I've only done two of them, both bronze. I don't particularly like doing them and they're not required for anything from what I've seen so far. I was talking about rally competitions in specials.

And as for Daytona, trouble is that when I stay in the pack, they push me off the track and I can't do the same with them. Tried with Escudero but he stayed then I was comfortably 3rd before someone popped out of nowhere on 3rd lap and pushed me off. After taking about three hundred spins I obviously had no chance to finish higher than 12th so I stopped to find out that Escudero finished 1st, the cnut.

I bottled the second race though, I should have been 1st but didn't try hard enough. Another try on, I won the first - as per usual, off to 2nd track.

You can get to level 15 or so in around 5 hours play or less by doing them.

I wasn't aware of that. Still, I'm a bit useless at them.

I won the second race, 65 points ahead of 2nd placed Luoma before race 3. I will probably win this one, fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Won third race, on 300 points now, 105 points ahead of Luoma. They will find a way to screw me though, no doubt.

I wasn't aware of that. Still, I'm a bit useless at them.

I won the second race, 65 points ahead of 2nd placed Luoma before race 3. I will probably win this one, fingers crossed.

UPDATE: Won third race, on 300 points now, 105 points ahead of Luoma. They will find a way to screw me though, no doubt.

I'm going to have a nightmare with that by the sounds of it, even if I gold the championship I still have to gold every single race.

Nah, Daytona's probably a lot easier than I make it out to be.

By the way, 4th in 4th race and Luoma finished 2nd, so I'm now 80 points ahead. If he doesn't win at Daytona, I'm the champion.

I beat it!! :D I thought I'd even complete the race higher than 12th but they pushed me on 4th lap, but Luoma finished 9th so I still clinched the title. :D

Zarlak, do you want the NASCAR car now? By the way, what have you beaten the World Classic Car and All-Stars series in Expert with?

I beat it!! :D I thought I'd even complete the race higher than 12th but they pushed me on 4th lap, but Luoma finished 9th so I still clinched the title. :D

Zarlak, do you want the NASCAR car now? By the way, what have you beaten the World Classic Car and All-Stars series in Expert with?

If you can send it mate that would be excellent, I'm in work for the next 20 minutes though and not sure if you have me on psn (karlbyrnes) if you have me on psn leave it as a gift, if not I'll add you later.

I beat the World Classic Car/All-Stars with the Chapparel 2J. My B Spec driver uses it now in almost all events and blitzes everything with it. You can also use the Shelby Cobra 66.

If you can send it mate that would be excellent, I'm in work for the next 20 minutes though and not sure if you have me on psn (karlbyrnes) if you have me on psn leave it as a gift, if not I'll add you later.

I beat the World Classic Car/All-Stars with the Chapparel 2J. My B Spec driver uses it now in almost all events and blitzes everything with it. You can also use the Shelby Cobra 66.

I got Shelby but I can't control it, I send to Pronewbie - hopefully he'll have a better use of it. I don't have you on my PSN, I'll add you now, confirm it later and I'll send you the car in the morning.

The World Classic series, whats the cheapest car to do that in as I don't want to splash much cash in my quest to the multi millonaire trophy.

I said feck it and spent $100k + on a Ferrari (tuned it a bit, too), blew everyone away

You managed to win it with a Ferrari? There's a 799hp car in there, 620kg, how do you beat that with a Ferrari?

No problem, I have one of those, too. I hope one pops up in the ucd soon.

Is it a problem to sell off cars for money?

Not really, unless you want the trophy to collect all 1000 cars in the game. Just make sure it's one you can replace if you come across an event that needs it! I sold my pick up truck and now I'm on B Spec and done it all apart from that pickup race because I sold mine and now I can't ever see one in the UCD.

Not really, unless you want the trophy to collect all 1000 cars in the game. Just make sure it's one you can replace if you come across an event that needs it! I sold my pick up truck and now I'm on B Spec and done it all apart from that pickup race because I sold mine and now I can't ever see one in the UCD.

If I see another one I'll pick it up (haha) for you.

Accepted Sarni and am online now so whenever you get a free minute. :) No rush if you're busy.

I tried but my connection seemed to get lost, I will send it to you first thing in the morning because I have to go now. Can you lend me your Chapperel so I can beat those old cars finally?

Tuned my GT-R to compete in Japanese series, with over 800hp it should breeze through it with ease. I still can't sort my Corvette out for Like The Wind so I will probably wait until I get 4 million to buy a super car. I though Zonda would get the job done but since you tell me it won't, I won't bother with it. I will use the Corvette in American Championship when I unlock it tomorrow, it should be fine there because I can't imagine a more powerful American car there.

If I see another one I'll pick it up (haha) for you.

2367515373_515ff7a325.jpg

I have this Corvette ZR1 (C6) RM '09 thing now and I did the aero and brake changes but it doesn't seem fast enough in a straight line, I try to get into a draft and the cars in front just piss off ahead of me. Hmm, highest I've finished is 6th.

Just tried it again in the Zonda, the reason I can't win is it takes forever to get from 180/195 that it exits the turns at, to the 220 you need to hit to stop the cars behind you from overtaking on the straight. If I could get up to 220 after the corner asap I'd rinse it, but while my car goes from 195 to 220 I'm getting overtaken by the other cars behind me.

Gold!! In the Vette, by +00.053, almost had it 2 races ago and then on the 4th I got bumped and subsequently spun by the car behind me, only game that's ever made me shout 'fecking wank stain cheating fking piss twat' at the screen. Ah well, I've done it now.

Here's a setup I got online for it.

Corvette ZR1 (C6) '09 tuning courtesy of Sail IC, from this thread: Car Tune Setup Index - GTP Forums

Downforce: 35/60
Transm.: 358mph
Initial torque: 10
Acc sens: 20
Brake sens: 10
Ride h: 5/5
Spring: 16.6/14.4
Damp ext 9/7
Damp comp: 9/7
Anti RB: 3/5
Camber: 2/1.5
Toe: 0/-0.30
Brakes: 5/6

Now I'm doing the same track over and over again with the car I unlocked and taking great joy in doing so.