Gaming Gran Turismo 5

My Driving Force GT came today!!

shame I'm at work and won't get to play till 6 :(

My 2J just can't do that historic cup, it seems to accellerate 0 - 60 in about 10 seconds and then after that it goes like the wind however all the other cars are already going like the wind from 10 seconds ago and I can't get near them. I thought about tuning my Lambo Miura but I can't see it getting near what I need it to be, need a Le Mans car.

My 2J just can't do that historic cup, it seems to accellerate 0 - 60 in about 10 seconds and then after that it goes like the wind however all the other cars are already going like the wind from 10 seconds ago and I can't get near them. I thought about tuning my Lambo Miura but I can't see it getting near what I need it to be, need a Le Mans car.

Have you got the most expensive transmission installed in the 2J so you can adjust the settings on your own? Lower the top speed a bit that should help the acceleration. Maybe to about 300-320km/h on tracks with many corners? Also make sure you have the racing soft tires they make a huge difference.

I have a Miura too it won't get the job done...

Edit* Just won the first historic car race again using my fully tuned 2J. I set the top speed to 205mph/330kmh and went past all cars in the first turn and won with a 2 second margin. Also won the Monaco race using the same settings. The 2J is a joy to drive.

FAO Marchi

So yeah, what I've got is a McLaren F1 "Stealth Model", got it free with a feck off fast 838Bhp Mazda 787B, which I'm keeping for now, because I got my copy of GT from Amazon.

Not sure what it's worth but the bog standard F1 goes for a cool million, these are the stats for it:

Displacement...........................6064 cc
Max Power..................642BHP/7500rpm
Max Torque.................67kgfm/5500rpm
Drivetrain......................................MR
Weight....................................1100kg

Its probably unsellable like all other cars on this game....

Arghhh I miss that Mazda in my collection.

The Chaparral 2J is unbeatable in the classic car race for me.

I really need to try tuning the engine as Richter suggests, my Chaparral 2J is shit, takes forever to get up to speed from standing, it actually gets overtaken by the other 2J in the build up to the first corner.

I'll have to try messing with the engine, it's tuned all the way up as much as allows but never messed with the actual customizable settings before.

I really need to try tuning the engine as Richter suggests, my Chaparral 2J is shit, takes forever to get up to speed from standing, it actually gets overtaken by the other 2J in the build up to the first corner.

I'll have to try messing with the engine, it's tuned all the way up as much as allows but never messed with the actual customizable settings before.

I have the Ford Mark IV '67 and I have no chance on the Chaparrel. I just can't hold onto it's tail.

I want that Toyota that rinses everyone in that race. I've heard people have had to keep retiring from the race and restarting until it's on the back row to get a chance.

I just beat the Toyota 7 Race car 70 on Deep forest raceway despite spending like 5 seconds in the sand due to my lousy concentration lol. It started on 6th row and finished 2 seconds after me.

The Toyota 7 doesn't seem so fast on my game, not in Monaco at least. Just won that race with .6 seconds to spare. Took the lead by throwing myself in fron in the first corner and held onto that lead for dear life.

The Toyota 7 doesn't seem so fast on my game, not in Monaco at least. Just won that race with .6 seconds to spare. Took the lead by throwing myself in fron in the first corner and held onto that lead for dear life.

That's been my tactic since GT1:D

YES! feck off classic car championship! I am the king of the world!

Must have had a pulse of 200 as I flew through the lst corner juuuuuuuuust keeping the back wheels on the tarmac and keeping that bloody 2J behind me. Phew!

Some of the cars seem over the top twitchy. I soon realised that the braking is really sensitive, so I have to break real real easy, even in a straight line.

The Elise 111R in the 2nd Top Gear challenge loses its back end going into the first corner, in 4th gear, even before I've thought about the brakes. Surely that can't be right....

By the way, sorry I had to hastily leave last night marchi, had to study. We'll race again anytime.

I'd like to congratulate you all on making this thread the 10th most viewed and posted in thread of the Entertainment Forum. Quite some feat, all that is above it is football games and some other nonsense about music. It's overtaken the Modern Warfare 2 thread, one of the largest selling games in history, and we're still going.

Now for the online.

Some of the cars seem over the top twitchy. I soon realised that the braking is really sensitive, so I have to break real real easy, even in a straight line.

The Elise 111R in the 2nd Top Gear challenge loses its back end going into the first corner, in 4th gear, even before I've thought about the brakes. Surely that can't be right....

By the way, sorry I had to hastily leave last night marchi, had to study. We'll race again anytime.

The Murcielago even stock is probably the most diabolical car I've tried in any game. As soon as your brain catches up to the fact that your back end might be on the go, you're in the ditch. How anybody can control that monster is beyond me.

During practice at Le Mans in 1967, in an effort to preserve the fragile brakes, Gurney developed a strategy (also adopted by co-driver A.J. Foyt) of backing completely off the throttle several hundred yards before the approach to the Mulsanne hairpin and virtually coasting into the braking area. This technique saved the brakes, but the resulting increase in the car's recorded lap times during practice led to speculation within the Ford team that Gurney and Foyt had hopelessly "dialed out" their car.

The Murcielago even stock is probably the most diabolical car I've tried in any game. As soon as your brain catches up to the fact that your back end might be on the go, you're in the ditch. How anybody can control that monster is beyond me.

The other thing that bothers me is that there seems to be very little control of the oversteer in the cars I've driven so far. I think only the Honda S2000 in one of the Lincense tests felt like it was sliding away a bit, and you could ease off the throttle a bit, adjust the steering, and get it back in line.

With the Elise 111R I said before, even if I steer full opposite direction as soon as the rear end leaves a bit, and get fully off the throttle, it just keeps sliding away.

And then when i want a car to slide, so I can turn it around quick after crashing/spinning, it won't do it, in 1st gear.

But some of the driving has been great. I just got my first Ferrari!

I've possibly fecked this up before I've even begun, you get 20,000 budget, I had a look round, saw a kart, thought wow fantastic and snapped it up. But you can't take your licenses in that, and I can't race without a licence, I can't sell it again because you can't sell the car you're driving, and I can't find a car for 15k or less?!

If someone could kindly explain how I can untangle this little web of Noodleness I've frustratingly found myself in before I've even fecking done ANYTHING I would love to hear from you, roughly around right now ta

I've possibly fecked this up before I've even begun, you get 20,000 budget, I had a look round, saw a kart, thought wow fantastic and snapped it up. But you can't take your licenses in that, and I can't race without a licence, I can't sell it again because you can't sell the car you're driving, and I can't find a car for 15k or less?!

If someone could kindly explain how I can untangle this little web of Noodleness I've frustratingly found myself in before I've even fecking done ANYTHING I would love to hear from you, roughly around right now ta

I'll give you a car to start with if you need. You'll make that 20k back piss easy.

Take the cart and go into the special challenges and do the carting one, will earn you a few quid to get going.

I did the same, and its even shittier because you get awarded a Kart for getting to level 1. But just go and do the Karting Special event to get started. I did Ok from the same point you are. Won a couple of cars for finishing the B License, bought an Elise, and then bought a Ferrari BB.

Ok thanks folks, I presumed you couldn't do a special event before a normal event or your licence, so I never even looked

Phew, thought I'd brought this whole game which they've spent half a decade to create to a grinding halt within the first few minutes of, erm, 'play'

And keep checking back at the used car dealership, their range changes as the game goes on.

Do the licences then, the cars are supplied Brad.

Aaagh feck me they don't make this game dunce proof do they?

First thing I did was try to take the licence, I must have selected the wrong thing because it told me I couldn't til I had a car. Then I forgot to go back!

Ok, finally. Passed my first licence challenge Gold first time (well technically second, but I was pissing around with the camera view first time), that was more the stylish start I was going for :nervous:

I've just checked, I have the 2D Race Car '67 and not the 2J. Fail. I have no idea how I'm going to win this race. I get rinsed by every car on the opening straight before getting to the corner.

Ouch I couldn't do it with the 2D 67....