Gaming Gran Turismo 5

I actually thought it was a comparison at first, the opening shots looked that real.

EDIT: it is, isn't it? Looking at the shots of the hands on the wheel at the start, I'm pretty sure thats real!

I actually thought it was a comparison at first, the opening shots looked that real.

EDIT: it is, isn't it? Looking at the shots of the hands on the wheel at the start, I'm pretty sure thats real!

He he he! Some parts of it are, spot the differences. The parts with other cars on the track in a race are obviously GT5, some with the car on its own are GT5, that's why it's such a great video.

I think the easiest way to spot it is if it has a real registration plate on it or not.

Anyway... there is another video (and that one in HD) and some screen grabs.

This is why the game takes so long, the bloke goes and drives the real things.

2qu0j9x.jpg

2nhg9ph.jpg

hwzarm.jpg

rj3688.jpg

znscp1.jpg

29yfw46.jpg

And some off screen gameplay in it.

Gran Turismo 5 announced...March 2010 in Japan. (ignore the OP at your peril) - Page 217 - NeoGAF

RandomXTX said:
Frickin embarassing
Gran Turismo 4 – 6/18/04
Forza 1 – 5/3/05
Forza 2 – 8/19/08
Forza 3 – 10/27/09
Gran Turismo 5 – 3/?/10

Seriously I’m done waiting, how can they let someone make 3 games before releasing GT5.
360 it is, Forza it is, Bill Gates it is!

bishoptl said:
RandomXTX said:
Frickin embarassing
Gran Turismo 4 – 6/18/04
Forza 1 – 5/3/05
Forza 2 – 8/19/08
Forza 3 – 10/27/09
Gran Turismo 5 – 3/?/10

Seriously I’m done waiting, how can they let someone make 3 games before releasing GT5.
360 it is, Forza it is, Bill Gates it is!

Dude, if you're going to make posts like this - you shouldn't sign up for a GAF account with your Microsoft corporate email.

Seriously.

13zsx03.png

I want this game so badly I don't think I can stomach watching those videos. This better be the mother of all driving games (which I fully expect it to be). What are your expectations, Weaste? Am I right in being a giddy little girl just thinking about it?

No, I can't wait for it myself. Disappointed that it's not this year, but I think it will be well worth the wait. I still play Prologue on a regular basis, it's a great game you can just dip into for 10-20 minutes. The only thing that pisses me off about it is not being able to create your own private games instead of getting thrown in with anyone, but it looks like they've fixed that.

Does anyone here know if I can still download the GT5: Prologue demo? Would really like to have a go at it having bought my ps3 slim just 2 weeks ago.

I don't think that there really was one as such. Googled it, it seems as if it was available on the Japanese store, but if it's still there or not I don't know. There was a demo called "GT HD Concept", but that was taken down a long time ago.

Yeah. What a pity.

I'm frankly quite rubbish in racing games, and the DiRT2 online demo, while pretty cool, was annoying me quite a bit because of the speed filter.

Forza 3 is potentially the best driving game, ever.

:lol:

Must say, I'm tempted to buy a PS3 just because of this game. Anyhow, how good was LBP?

LBP was OK; though the concept of it wore off pretty quickly for me. Saying that, I haven't been that much interested in gaming these past few months, so that may be a factor.

Good game though, and for a tenner you can't go wrong (bought mine from Zavvi).

:lol:

LBP was OK; though the concept of it wore off pretty quickly for me. Saying that, I haven't been that much interested in gaming these past few months, so that may be a factor.

Good game though, and for a tenner you can't go wrong (bought mine from Zavvi).

What's the concept then? The way Weaste marketed it, I was expecting it to be the greatest game, ever(just behind Forza 3)