Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Uncharted 2 and GT5 will undoubtedly shift some units. I might even sell mine and get one of the bundles mentioned!

I'd rather they did hold this game back until December, lets have Uncharted 2 for abit first and then unleash GT5, the PS3 is starting to flex its muscles big time upon the release of these.

Doubt it to be fair, they'd have to arrange photo shoots etc just for it.

Its not much of a looker anyway.

Wonder if we'll get the new McLaren MP4 12C?

Doubtful isn't it? The car's not even released yet and although there have been plenty of prototypes in earlier game I can't remember a car that new being a full part of the game. If that is included we can expect the Ferrari 458 and the Mercedes-Benz SLS too perhaps. But I would guess none of them is in it.

Can you see car updates being released after a while, Weaste? Would be a great way to keep the game fresh. I'm not too familiar with PS3 gaming other than GT5 Prologue and that game got so much better after the Spec III update. Gran Turismo has always been a bit of a mammoth to get around but updates every so often on cars, manufacturers and tracks would be a great way to keep up interest.

I think that this game will get updates (some you have to pay for) for a significant part of its life. I don't see a GT6 until PS4.

The 1000 car rumour, and the addition of the Mazda to the PSP GT makes me think that we could get some of the newer cars. There is a YouTube video of Yamamuchi test driving an SLS prototype at the Nurburgring. Maybe he was just having some fun, maybe he had a load of blokes with him to scan it.

I think that this game will get updates (some you have to pay for) for a significant part of its life. I don't see a GT6 until PS4.

The 1000 car rumour, and the addition of the Mazda to the PSP GT makes me think that we could get some of the newer cars. There is a YouTube video of Yamamuchi test driving an SLS prototype at the Nurburgring. Maybe he was just having some fun, maybe he had a load of blokes with him to scan it.

Yeah some of the games have had prototypes but I would be surprised to see a fully playable version of a car that new in the game. Would be great though. I think I may have to quit my job when this game finally arrives..

What it looks like isn't really the point is it? Even if it was, it's far better than that Citroen aberration.

I think it looks pretty good, and a lot better than the Merc SLS. The Mclaren that is, not the Citroën GT thing. Was a bit surprised that they went with a twin turbo knowing Gordon Murray's dislike of turbo engines. The Ferrari 458 Italia is a real stunner though.

What it looks like isn't really the point is it? Even if it was, it's far better than that Citroen aberration.

No not at all, just saying I'd probably be more disappointed at the prospect of it not being in the game if it was a really nice car.

Well, Sony open the Tokyo Game Show with a keynote speech on Thursday (will be early morning UK time), so it's expected that this will be announced to be a mid-December release and they will basically show all of it at this show.

They had better mention something.

723.jpg

And you wont be the only one, Sony are going to make a killing this christmas.

It's only 3 months, December was only a rumour anyway. ;)

At least we got to see a few new cars for GT5, even air brakes.

As for going up against MW2, I doubt this is a decision by Sony, but rather Yamauchi himself. I'm sure the Sony sales lot would have had it rushed out of the door.

I just hope the game justifies the wait, they've been making this for so long that I feel they going to have to have a pretty much perfect game and I don't think it will be.

They can feck right off with that release date.

I just bloody spent good money on a wheel and stand in preparation for Christmas FFS!

I am so dissapointed :( Fair enough on the release date but when you build your hopes for a 2009 release and then don't get it.

What can you do, other than buy Forza 3 in the meantime.

I just hope the game justifies the wait, they've been making this for so long that I feel they going to have to have a pretty much perfect game and I don't think it will be.

As far as I understand it, the reason it has taken so long is that they have remodelled 1,000+ cars from scratch to a very high detail, and also modelled them using individual components; the idea being that they'll never need to do them again in future iterations of the game. I asked on a technical forum a while back why this would take so long, and the answer I got was rather surprising to me - that when you licence a car for a game, you don't actually get the CAD model of the car. They have released two other games and Prologue since GT4 though, amongst other things.

Doesn't bother me too much an extra 3 months. If they need that time to get everything right, it is probably for the best.

That what I meant though, if they need to make this pretty much perfect otherwise people are going to be saying how come we had to wait so long and yet 'xxx' isn't right or whatever.

I'm sure it'll be a fantastic game, but you know what gamers are like!

There are still obvious flaws with it graphically as well. Look at that last video I posted, about 4-5 seconds in, straight down the middle in the distance, a skyscraper just pops into view from nowhere. Also, the 458 Italia video, as beautiful as it is, around 1:18 in, in the background, a mountain with trees on it does the same. I suppose it shows that it's not skulduggery at work.

So this is what we know so far.

cars:
• more than 950 cars
○ confirmed new brands: Ferrari, Bugatti, Lamborghini, Tesla
○ confirmed new series: NASCAR, WRC

tracks:
• 20 locations ?, 70 tracks (these numbers are still vague)
○ confirmed new race circuits: Top Gear Test Track, Daytona, Indianapolis
○ confirmed new road circuits: London, Eiger, Madrid, Tuscany
○confirmed new rally circuits: Tuscany

offline features:
• single race, 2 player splitscreen
• time trial
• garage, car wash, oil change
• licence test, championships
• photo mode (circuit & locations)
• museum
• GTTV (compatible with PSP)

online features:
• private rooms, lobbies
• text & voice chat
• photo and replay album
• YouTube replay output
• time trial rankings

other details:
• car tuning
• damage, affects handling, roll overs
• PlayStation Eye head tracking
• up to 1080p 60fps
• up to Dolby 7.1
• custom soundtracks

release date:
• March 2010

menu:
• Arcade, Online, Dealer, GT mode, Status, Theatre, Options, Manual

No sign of weather or day/night cycles yet.

gran-turismo-5-20090924002025627.jpg

gran-turismo-5-20090924002031752.jpg

gran-turismo-5-20090924002028221.jpg