Gaming Gran Turismo 5

God I can't wait, this + the steering wheel + pedals combo + HDTV = sexytime.

My Driving Force GT and Wheel Stand Pro arrived a few days ago. I can't believe how realistic it feels, it's absolutely brilliant, definitely worth the money. I'll never use a control pad with this game ever again, it's no match.

Just wish I'd bought it a long time ago. Bring on GT5!

Apparently it's playable (GT5 not Prologue) on the show floor, but there was nothing said in the main Sony press conference about it. We'll have to wait and see for some media, maybe another announcement, or wait until the Tokyo Game Show (for a release date).

"Gamescom" Gran Turismo 5 at the latest, released in 2009 August 19
August 18, held in Cologne in Germany from "gamescom" at the Gran Turismo 5 has been announced for the latest information on game design.

Here are the following announcement.

■ models included
1,000 vehicles
170 Premium model of the type (interior, corresponding to the damage)
830 kinds of standard model (the Gran Turismo 4 are compatible with models that have carried over from)

■ Recording Course
Layout of more than 60 courses with 20 or more

■ physical simulation of vehicle
Physical simulation is new
Represented a fall in vehicle
Damage representation (reproduced in full by the collision deformation)
Prius, Insight, hybrid cars and the latest Tesla, to faithfully reproduce the behavior of electric cars

■ arcade mode
Single Race
2 player battle

■ GT Mode
World Map
My Garage
Car Dealer
CHUNINGUSHOPPU (parts, tires)
Car Washes
Race Championship (Series system, point system)
License Test

■ Online
Lobby Open
Text / Voice Chat
Private rooms
ONRAINFOTOARUBAMU
ONRAINRIPUREIARUBAMU
YouTube to replay output

■ Photo Mode
Photo Drive (Circuit)
Photo stage (Stage Photo mode only)

■ Gran Turismo TV
Video output to a PSP ®
PUROGURESSHIBUDAUNRODO
Improved user interface
Continuous Play

■ Museums
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue version, add more information

■ Sound
Custom soundtracks (PS3 save the use of the song)

■ User Interface
The Gran Turismo 5 Prologue, and the same design concept. The icons change color
Able to track the movement of KOKUPITTOKAMERA interface (confirmed in three dimensions can be furnished)

Meh! ;)

nws12506063473568327.jpg

nws12506063474675442.jpg

Thats the Tokyo track Ain't it? been in Gran Tourismo for a while that one

Forza 3 will have nothing on GT5. Only thing I liked about Forza was the decals and art-work options you could put on your car.

Looks brilliant. I just hope they get the license for Porsche, and also have a few different modern Lamborghini models, not just the Muira and other classic models.

The animation for flappy paddle gear changes need to be added, and also animations when turning the wheel 600 degrees in cockpit view.

The lighting in this game is so good, and I think what makes it look so much better than the other games in the genre. It's the lighting quality in those Forza screens that makes the cars look more like Corgi models than real cars.

image_gran_turismo_5-11403-1865_0001.jpg

Says this is going to have a fourth quarter release in this shot from some brochure.

M20090821020135294.jpg

It has to be true, Sony don't have a big game release scheduled between November-December, and if anything can go up against Modern Warfare 2 with confidence, it's this one.

Seriously good looking game, ok the damage is not 100% realistic but who gives a shit, its had no damage since it first arrived and not many complained. I will be up for some online racing when this gets out.

Uncharted 2 and then this, the old PS3 wont get much rest at the end of this year.

I was talking to my mate about GT5 yesterday and someone from Game has told him its out on the 25th of this month.

Tokyo Game show is 24th of this month, that's when I expect them to reveal it. Release it though? I think that they'll hold it off until December.

Are you sure your mate wasn't talking about GT for the PSP?

Perhaps the guy at GAME was talking about GT for the PSP. That is release October 1st, so maybe they get their stock on the 25th?

I hadn't seen him for ages and he has always been a huge GT fan, so I asked if he was still playing it, and he said "yea, 5 is out this month, nowhere is advertising it but I asked in game and its in their books as arriving on the 25th of this month".

I guess its possible the Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime at Game got mixed up, there isn't a branch near here or I'd pop in and ask at lunch.

I just text him now and he said "maybe they've (game) got their facts wrong but I looked in the 'game' pre order list and it was gt5 on the ps3 and it said 25/9/09, strange!"

I've never played a GT game, but I think I will get this one.

Polyphony confirms GT5 head-tracking
September 9th, 2009

Polyphony Digital mastermind Kazunori Yamauchi has confirmed that the forthcoming Gran Turismo 5 features support for head-tracking via the PlayStation Eye camera accessory.

According to Gran Turismo resource GT Planet, the feature was first mooted on Polyphony's website during gamescom and was recently confirmed by Yamauchi during an interview with Italian gaming site MultiPlayer.it.

The head-tracking feature is restricted to the in-cockpit view within GT5. Employing facial recognition, the PlayStation Eye scans the position of your head and adjusts the viewpoint in the cockpit accordingly, effectively replacing the use of the right analogue stick on the DualShock 3. Your display stops being a flat 2D representation of a 3D world and effectively becomes an interactive window into the game experience.

Want to see how close your opponents are to catching up? Turn your head and look at the wing mirror. Want to see which gear you're using? Look down at the transmission and see for yourself as you would in a real car. Want to check out the racing line beyond the next corner? Look beyond the turn just like real drivers do.

To get some idea of how the display's perspective adjusts when head-tracking is in play, there's no better example than Johnny Lee's original YouTube video based on reverse use of the Wii remote's infra-red sensor. Sony's technology - assuming it works well, of course - goes far beyond this in taking infra-red out of the equation completely. Head-tracking looks set to be integral component of Project Natal to the point where the self-same Johnny Lee is now working under NDA with Microsoft, but the inclusion of the feature in Gran Turismo 5 will be the first time we've seen it deployed properly in a current-generation console game.

Going forward, it also has big implications for the forthcoming PS3 motion controller, which also works in conjunction with the existing PlayStation Eye accessory, suggesting that Sony's plans in this area go beyond using feedback from the "wand" alone...

Digital Foundry games, reviews, news, previews and videos - Eurogamer

A trusted retail source has corroborated earlier reports and told Eurogamer that a 250GB PS3 Slim will arrive here as early as October, as part of three console-plus-game bundles.

Unlike Spain, the UK will combine either Assassin's Creed II, Gran Turismo 5 or Uncharted 2 with the 250GB PS3 Slim. And each bundle will cost £299.99.

Sony has not backed this up in writing, which is why our source wished to remain anonymous.

Although the bundle will arrive in October, perhaps only Uncharted II - released on 23rd October - will appear then. Assassin's Creed is due on 20th Novmember, and Sony has only officially narrowed the date for GT5 to Q4 2009.

The crescendo in retailer chatter suggests the platform holder may be poised to make an announcement soon. Yet, for now, its validity - and what Microsoft will counter with - remains to be seen.

PS3 250GB bundles priced, detailed News | PS3 | Eurogamer