Gaming Gran Turismo 5

Lovely evolution comparison video BTW.

In last week's Gran Turismo 5 tech analysis, Digital Foundry delved into its gaming archive and compared the new game to sections of gameplay from GT4. This got us thinking. Could we trace a tech lineage through all major versions of the game released to date, right from the franchise's beginnings in 1997?

The video below is the end product of our experiment. We've got the same five courses and the same five cars, running in GT titles from PlayStation, PSP, PlayStation 2 and PS3, and the comparison is quite extraordinary. It's a bit of a shame that replay angles were not standardised earlier, as the jump from PS1 to the other platforms can be rather jarring, but rest assured, these are the same corners on the same tracks - an evolution of both Polyphony Digital's development prowess and indeed the raw hardware power of the PlayStation consoles.

Gran Turismo Evolution - Page 1 | DigitalFoundry | Eurogamer.net

I'm back, and I bought the SLS after enjoying it on Nurburnring in the challenges!

I tried to get the 8C Competizione round the track in the Grand Tour in 1:25 but have found it impossible so far, how the feck does anyone go in 1:17 for gold? Or how does anyone earn gold on Nurburnring in the new SLS, surely it isn't physically possible?!

That first Grand Tour one is very hard, I have manage a 17.8 so far but haven't tried with the wheel. Its the first section with the hairpin turns where the laptime is one or lost.

That first Grand Tour one is very hard, I have manage a 17.8 so far but haven't tried with the wheel. Its the first section with the hairpin turns where the laptime is one or lost.

Best I've got is 19.2. The Tuscany one with the Murcielago is difficult too as it handles like shit.

Can anyone here read Japanese, because these machine translations are terrible, even if they do give a basic idea of what he is trying to say?

Online "credit and experience" is prepared. To wait longer. RT @Wwr_Nitrous: @Kaz_Yamauchi XP and Credits Online Be Soon available?

I tried it. But it was desperately needed time to render. The reason is simple enough memory a bit. I'm still considering it. RT @Miguel_Duarte: @Kaz_Yamauchi "YouTube Video Upload Function"?

There are several reasons. Camera flexible in extreme need of lighting, wide dynamic, that was not enough cost-effective. I want to improve it. @Kaz_Yamauchi Why do all look Fuzzy Shadows

The future, I would .... deal. RT @Fersis: @Kaz_Yamauchi Could You Add a HUD No Option?

"Sebastian Vettel challenge," I appear at level 30. RT @Johnlatchamf1: @Kaz_Yamauchi How do I Unlock the Red Bull X1? I'm Level 25 and completed all Special ...

GT-FORCE PRO key configuration for the time being set is enabled. Full support is to wait a little longer. RT @Fazple: @Kaz_Yamauchi key configuration is implemented in G27 G25 · What can update?

Mechanical damage options in the next update. Probably around early December. RT @Y_Mokko: @Kaz_Yamauchi RT @Damekuma: I think Ishi Makoto was not bound to change the expression level of damage in those options.

Would be released soon. And 2-Disc soundtrack, what Lenglen. RT @5K3: @Kaz_Yamauchi as selfish but I did it yesterday GT5走Ritaku OP will also look at why is it. By the way, this soundtrack is what I expect?

山内 一典 (Kaz_Yamauchi) on Twitter

It's one hell of a car that you are giving away there.

Some other bloke wants to trade it to me for a Loeb WRC car :wenger: You can buy them for 850 thou or just get all golds in Loeb challenge. How can I turn him down!

I got a P330 Ferrari for the price of a Ferrari 458. Awesome car!

By the way lads, i've got these cars for exchange

M3 GTR '01' best car to do the DTM challenge in, in expert mode. Second hand value 990,000 credits in the shop. Will trade for an Enzo or McLaren F1

Ford GT40 '67' Mark IV race car. Newer Le mans car. Value 20,000,000 credits.

I have played so many many hours and I still haven't seen a truck in the used car store, this is unreal:lol:

Edge Magazine....

Gran Turismo 4 is fundamentally unconcerned with furthering the art of the videogame. This titanic franchise, this critical, load-bearing pillar of PlayStation, is barely even a videogame at all. It's a hobbyist software suite, a racetrack tutorial, an encyclopaedia you can get in and drive off.

7/10

[Gran Turismo 5] is a production that feels increasingly aged in the face of modern game design. The creeping and eventually overriding feeling is that this meticulously precise simulation, and its lovingly constructed catalogue of automotive history, deserved a little more game to come along for the ride.

7/10

:D

Practice, practice, and practice again. Jesus, wait until you get an F1 car.

I had the Prologue F1 car, still need a few million before I can buy one on this though.... It apparently cost 5 million in the used car list, that is if you can find it.

Damn, that's tempting. I will get the R10 later tonight, maybe we can do the trade tomorrow, marchi?

yeah no probs

feck, think I just got shafted on that deal.

Thank feck it was only a WRC car.

Didn't get shafted he had connection issues.. feck yeah
fyeah.jpg

Some other bloke wants to trade it to me for a Loeb WRC car :wenger: You can buy them for 850 thou or just get all golds in Loeb challenge. How can I turn him down!

I got a P330 Ferrari for the price of a Ferrari 458. Awesome car!

By the way lads, i've got these cars for exchange

M3 GTR '01' best car to do the DTM challenge in, in expert mode. Second hand value 990,000 credits in the shop. Will trade for an Enzo or McLaren F1

Ford GT40 '67' Mark IV race car. Newer Le mans car. Value 20,000,000 credits.

Might be able to do something with you on this if you still have the M3, I'll get back to you tomorrow after I've checked a few things out.

I just tried the Veyron for the first time, tuned it abit. Hit 262mph at Le Mans with no chicanes, pretty funny trying to turn it though.

I desperately want a Ferrari now but only have 101,000 in the bank, and I cannot sell any of my cars really because I need all of them.

SLS is a fine piece of car though, but I want the 599 or 458 Italia, they should be even faster and handle better from what I've seen in Grand Tour. I've given up hope of turning up at 3rd place with the Lamborghini in that challenge though, it seems impossible, a slight mistake will see you out of the track.

Here's a better translation of things to expect in coming updates.

- Update in early December to add configurable and mechanical damage.
- Update in late December to add export save feature.
- Update for Credits and XP in online races to be done later.
- Youtube uploading not done do to memory problems. Still being considered.
- They want to improve the shadows
- No HUD option being added in the future. He seems to be promising it.

Oh, and it's sold around 2.5 million copies in its first 4 days, crazy European numbers - 1.8m. ;)

Right, whos got a car I can sort out the 'European Classics' series on beginner in?

I can't seem to find anything on the used car dealership (or at least I couldnt last night), got gold on all other beginner races and series', just need this one now!

Loving the Buick Special '62! Even my rubbish bspec driver can win races driving that thing. 220+mph on daytona!

Right, whos got a car I can sort out the 'European Classics' series on beginner in?

I can't seem to find anything on the used car dealership (or at least I couldnt last night), got gold on all other beginner races and series', just need this one now!

I found one in the used car list eventually. Can't remember what it was called but I had to tune it up to the point it was barely drivable just so it could keep up with the other cars...one of the cpu cars was basically just a rocket with wheels. Great fun though.

I'm just collecting cars atm. Haven't sold any of the ones I've bought or won. For some reason I just can't bring myself to get rid of any of them.

And what's with the reviews for this game? It does have its flaws (mainly the shite AI and stupidly unharsh collisions), but it's basically the greatest game ever.

Loving the Buick Special '62! Even my rubbish bspec driver can win races driving that thing. 220+mph on daytona!

At 500BHP it's pretty amazing, although I was a bit pissed off, I went to tune my Gallardo and instead tuned my Special '62 to 750BHP instead.

Does anyone know how I've managed to get rid of my map when the options for it are turned on everywhere? I want to get it back but no idea how. It's turned on in all options but doesn't appear on my HUD.

I've golded out now all of Beginner, Amateur and Proffesional on A-Spec, I'm a couple of races away from all golds in Expert and then it's onto Extreme, I'm having difficulty though with the Historic Racing Car Cup in Expert, I can't get a car to keep up with the ones I'm racing, even my Countach tuned won't keep up, what cars has anyone used for that? There are only 3 on the dealerships of the common opposition and they all cost 20,000,000 apiece.

Wouldn't mind racing some of you gimps, my psn is Rudie84 if anyone can add me, loving the karting at the moment.

Wouldn't mind racing some of you gimps, my psn is Rudie84 if anyone can add me, loving the karting at the moment.

Good luck trying to organise something, these muppets are ruddy useless at getting together. They have an annoying tendency to play during the day!