Gaming Gran Turismo 5

How does the Gallardo handle? Cause I can buy it now but if it's like Murcielago then I'll pass.

How does the Gallardo handle? Cause I can buy it now but if it's like Murcielago then I'll pass.

I found it pretty easy but then again I tuned it, and I only used it twice in the cups it was needed for so didn't get a proper feel for it. I'm trying to get a car now for the Historic Racing Cup and can't do it, I'm using my B-Spec driver atm to level him up to unlock the '66 Shelby Cobra which I hear is the car to use.

When the new updates for online come, we'll start out series.

I can't do it this weekend anyway. Very long weekend here as Monday and Wednesday coming are both bank holidays (Immaculate Conception and Constitution day), which means I'm spending the weekend with the wife and kids on the Costa Brava, and then on Monday I'm off to Manchester for the United-Valencia match and will not get back until Wednedsay evening - snow allowing.

So I bought a Ferrari 458 Italia, it handles beautifully. SLS at 641hp and with reduce weight is an absolute monster but I have to take all corners very carefully because it's prone to falling out of the track.

What's really disappointing for me now in A-Spec is that at the higher levels (I'm at 19 at the moment) the balance shifts completely from trying to find a car fast enough, to trying to find a car slow enough to not give you a 10 second lead by the end of the first lap, so you can actually have a battle with other drivers and not just drive round lap after lap on your own leaving everyone for dust playing effectively a time trial. Every cup becomes the same. Driving round the same tracks on your own.

I wish they had made it so the faster cars were only available much higher up... most of the cups in Professional/Expert you can beat with a 20 second lead at the end of the race with cars you bought when you were competing in Amateur with. I have to go into a race, nope car too fast, quit, change car, go into race, nope car too fast, quit, change car, okay this is good, have a battle with the other drivers, just to get a competitive race in single player. Beginner is so much harder than Expert which is a piece of piss (apart from the Historic Racing Cup which is solid and I can't manage to do)

Still having great fun don't get me wrong, but if they had changed a few bits around so you didn't get everything at the start it would have been so much more.

One thing massively annoying me however is in the GT shop place where you can purchase aero parts etc, the engine rebuild and rigidity rebuild, it tells me how much they cost (73K ish for the engine rebuild and 143K for the rigidity rebuild) however it doesn't tell me if my car actually needs it, what it will be fixing, it just demands a lot of money off me to fix what I can't see if even needs fixing!

My Sauber Mercedes C9 costs 1 million to repair..... Atm I'm grinding European Championship expert Rome circuit with it. A extremely easy 6 min race, 83000 win credit and 4700 experience. I'm lvl 22 atm and still need about 35000 in xp to lvl up and I have won gold in all possible races expect the pickup truck one because I cant find a truck so grinding is the only option to lvl up....

I can't find a pickup for love nor money, any idea where you can pick one up?

I finally got one after completing the IA license. Breezed through it quickly and mostly got bronzes so think it's a bronze reward car.

What's really disappointing for me now in A-Spec is that at the higher levels (I'm at 19 at the moment) the balance shifts completely from trying to find a car fast enough, to trying to find a car slow enough to not give you a 10 second lead by the end of the first lap, so you can actually have a battle with other drivers and not just drive round lap after lap on your own leaving everyone for dust playing effectively a time trial. Every cup becomes the same. Driving round the same tracks on your own.

I wish they had made it so the faster cars were only available much higher up... most of the cups in Professional/Expert you can beat with a 20 second lead at the end of the race with cars you bought when you were competing in Amateur with. I have to go into a race, nope car too fast, quit, change car, go into race, nope car too fast, quit, change car, okay this is good, have a battle with the other drivers, just to get a competitive race in single player. Beginner is so much harder than Expert which is a piece of piss (apart from the Historic Racing Cup which is solid and I can't manage to do)

Still having great fun don't get me wrong, but if they had changed a few bits around so you didn't get everything at the start it would have been so much more.

One thing massively annoying me however is in the GT shop place where you can purchase aero parts etc, the engine rebuild and rigidity rebuild, it tells me how much they cost (73K ish for the engine rebuild and 143K for the rigidity rebuild) however it doesn't tell me if my car actually needs it, what it will be fixing, it just demands a lot of money off me to fix what I can't see if even needs fixing!

I always look at the "Typical opponent" list and try to choose a car like it. and tune it to the average horse power of the list. It provides for a more fun race.

This has always been an issue with Gran Turismo though, racing on your own. I think with such a large amount of cars the only way to avoid it would be to impose stricter restrictions on the races (max. Horse power, non-tuned cars, only tuned, etc).

:lol: That was a nervous race! 3 laps on the Nürburgring 24h track in the rain on dry racing tyres. I took a calculated risk on not losing the head start I got from the others pitting. Won by 4 seconds in the end but it was down to .4 seconds at one time.

Does anyone have a 900bhp race car? Lol I can't win for toffee in the historic racing cup or the level 19 all stars one, up against 900bph race cars. Would love to hear how anyone has beaten it.

I used a Chaparral 2J Race car 70 with 750bhp to win the historic racing cup. And I used my 1000bhp something Sauber Mercedes C9 to win the Gran Turismo All star championship but it was a tight one with 2 1st places and 3 4th places.

My little boy (he's 5) loves watching me playing this. It's just a shame that there is not a cat in hells chance that he can control the cars himself - he has only just sort of grasped control of Mario Kart SNES.

So we build something a little easier, but great fun never the less.

rc2.jpg

rc1.jpg

:D

I don't see any decent overtaking spot on those tracks Weaste.

I used a Chaparral 2J Race car 70 with 750bhp to win the historic racing cup. And I used my 1000bhp something Sauber Mercedes C9 to win the Gran Turismo All star championship but it was a tight one with 2 1st places and 3 4th places.

Tried the 2J but it takes for some reason about 10 minutes from standstill to get to 60 before it really starts to go. I took the Veyron out for the All Stars and got a 1st, 4th and 2 5ths so far, can't find anything that can compete.

I tuned my Ferrari 458 Italia so that it has 718hp, the minimum weight possible and basically all the stuff except for racing tires - but I'm getting those tomorrow. It's a monster, I'm level 14 so can't enter Expert races but I'm going to have so much fun with the Gran Turismo Championship tomorrow. I only get a prize car if I win all the races during the Championship, or do I not have to win all? Cause I will probably screw up one or two.

I tuned my Ferrari 458 Italia so that it has 718hp, the minimum weight possible and basically all the stuff except for racing tires - but I'm getting those tomorrow. It's a monster, I'm level 14 so can't enter Expert races but I'm going to have so much fun with the Gran Turismo Championship tomorrow. I only get a prize car if I win all the races during the Championship, or do I not have to win all? Cause I will probably screw up one or two.

You get gold/prize car if you win the championship on points, you don't have to win all races.

So, somewhere on the internet an Audi R10 TDI le mans car is floating helplessly around. I was supposed to send it to marchi but I got an "upload fail" message. That didn't stop it from disappearing from my bloody garage though!

Marchi, I'm sorry but I seem to have traded a Mercedes A160 for a Ford Mark IV Race Car '67... I don't think there is any way to work around this before after midnight tomorrow.